Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light 2

• 11-06-2018 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

That second trailer.....wow.

The 1st one is a gaming masterpiece (sadly a game unpurchased by many) but it is absolutely brilliant. Its in my top ten as coop game and SP (the ending to the DLC was pants tho).

Bringing in Avellone and RPG elements I am unsure about but day 1 purchase for me anyway.
    In Dying Light 2, you'll carry out missions for factions around the gorgeous, overgrown, post-apocalyptic cities, and what you decide to do will have noticeable ramifactions on how the world evolves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Very hopeful for this - Avellone has worked on some great RPGs (and games in general) over the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

First game didn't do anything unique but it was a blast to play coop and one of the better 1st person melee games around. Picked it up on a sale. Hope they improve the melee/grappling and continue with linux support because I'm definitely interested in this new one.

Some of The Witcher 3's writers are also working on this (PC Gamer).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,466 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some of The Witcher 3's writers are also working on this (PC Gamer).

"Those guys were responsible for some of the best quests from that game including the Bloody Baron quest line"

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd have a lot of faith in them to do this well, and with some better writing, it could be something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Some creepy missions in the 1st one, also some hilarious.

Momma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I picked up dying light again after over a year. Still fucking ****e at it. :D

Nevermind the night stalkers when they go into relentless beast mode during dark hours, those annoying fast ****ers you encounter during daylight hours too. Takes me all day to kill the ****ers with 30 hits from planks, iron bars, knives ... I just can't progress in it.

Anyone any tips on how to play Dying Light, i.e resources to carry, most durable weapons, just roof jump everywhere ?
    I'd love to get Dying light 2, but I can barely progress in number 1.

Nevermind the night stalkers when they go into relentless beast mode during dark hours, those annoying fast ****ers you encounter during daylight hours too. Takes me all day to kill the ****ers with 30 hits from planks, iron bars, knives ... I just can't progress in it.

Anyone any tips on how to play Dying Light, i.e resources to carry, most durable weapons, just roof jump everywhere ?

Don't bother fighting standard zombies unless it's a mission area and there's a finite amout of them so it's worth securing the area. Otherwise they'll just keep coming and you get nowhere.

Get the upgrade to burst their heads open with a ground kick. The meta to killing standard-sized zombies is pretty much to knock them down and get that instant kill so invest in any skills/weapons that will cause knockdown or pushback (which can push into walls and cause knockdown).

Weapon DPS is only for bigger enemies and humans.

There's also a zombie stealth upgrade. Combine that with rear neck-break skill (leveled to max) and you can silently take out zombies, re-camouflage with their blood and continue on breaking necks. If you need to level fast do some missions at night or you can find grinding spots youtube if you're really desperate to get some of the upgrades I mentioned.

For weapons, I'd choose things like baseball bats. Blunt weapons with good handling or upgrade them to have good handling. Don't go for slow weapons. Unarmed drop-kick and grapple reversals are brilliant too.

If you're on steam I can coop with ya some night. Just PM me your steam profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,796 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If this is more of the first one, i'm gonna love it. Played through the main campaign twice on PC and once on PS4. Didn't think the DLC was all that great, especially the ending. But this does look interesting, especially the way the world forms around you. Hope it's actually well planned out, and not a possibility of a Mass Effect ending.

• Advertisement

I loved the following DLC, really kicked life into the game for me, done great quests and the buggy was a brilliant addition. Must boot it up soon, ton of stuff I still haven't done, including co-op.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I loved the following DLC, really kicked life into the game for me, done great quests and the buggy was a brilliant addition. Must boot it up soon, ton of stuff I still haven't done, including co-op.

I'd imagine it was better in co-op, but what I loved about the main game was that it was just as good in single player. Hopefully this will be the same, i'm not liking the trend of making games for co-op and hoping the single player is just as good. I'm a solo player!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there a match making system for co op?

Is there a match making system for co op?

Sort of, i had mine set to freinds only.

Dont fight the nigth time lads until you have an at least 500 item even then it is tough.

http://dyinglight.wikia.com/wiki/Korek_Machete_2.0

Get this at your highest level, ie dont get it at 2 or 3 get it at 20.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sort of, i had mine set to freinds only.

You can play with randomers so?

You can play with randomers so?

Yup

The more I hear, the more I'm looking forward to this. RPS preview based on a behind-closed-doors demo at E3.

The more I hear, the more I'm looking forward to this. RPS preview based on a behind-closed-doors demo at E3.

Vampire zombies doesn't make much sense but it sounds like a lot of fun, like I Am Legend vibe. Really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Ahh ****e there better not be a stupid of if you dont collect and take pills you die mechanic.

Flashbacks to Far Cry 2s malaria.

Some details on the game

The game takes place 15 years since humanity lost to the virus, and is set in a complete different part of the world than the first game. The official description and list of main features is as follows:

"The last great human settlement exists within an unforgiving, infected world, plunged into a modern dark age," adds an official description. "During the day, bandits, factions and starving survivors roam the streets scavenging for scraps - or someone to take them from, by violence if necessary. At night the infected roam free, evacuating their dark hideouts to prey on the living."

"Aiden Caldwell, an infected survivor, is described as someone who has exceptional agility and brutal combat skills, which make him a powerful ally and a valuable commodity in the game's dangerous world. You can do what others cant, and enter places nobody else would dare."
    "With your unique abilities you have the power to be an agent of change within this decaying metropolis. The fate of the city is in your hands."

YOUR CHOICES, YOUR WORLD - You must make tough decisions and hard sacrifices as you decide the fate of a society on the brink of collapse. The effect of the choices you make will have a huge impact on entire regions of the city, uncovering new land masses and areas to explore.
    EXCEPTIONAL AGILITY AND BRUTAL COMBAT - On your journey from humble beginnings to a person of great power, you have unprecedented freedom of movement across the city, seamlessly integrated with brutal first person combat.
    A MODERN DARK AGE - In a desperate city, where resources and power are scarce, unstable, and trust in ruling bodies is all but eroded; humankind has reverted to a dark age. Civilization is gone but the relics are still there. This is a violent, primal & unforgiving world - and so are its inhabitants.
    THE INFECTION HAS EVOLVED - The infection has evolved and become more sensitive to UV light. Society exists in the relative safety of sunlight, while the infected hide in the shadows of buildings. At night the infected roam the streets freely searching for prey, presenting opportunities for you to explore areas of the city inaccessible by day.
    2-4 PLAYER CO-OP GAMEPLAY - Play the entire campaign in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join other players’ and see how their choices have played out differently to your own and how they have shaped their world differently to yours.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ahh ****e there better not be a stupid of if you dont collect and take pills you die mechanic.

Flashbacks to Far Cry 2s malaria.

To be fair that can be done right like in Dead Rising or Pikmin. It gives a sense of urgency and makes you manage your time better.

To be fair that can be done right like in Dead Rising or Pikmin. It gives a sense of urgency and makes you manage your time better.

Yeah but in a game that every action has consequences seen or unseen, that be a bit crap.

Still day one for me, loved the 1st one.

I'd imagine it will have timed missions, but hopefully no Zombrex style crap. Even though I enjoyed Dead Rising 2, I only played with trying to save her the first time and let her die on any subsequent playthroughs. It's grand for a while, but takes away from my exploratory mind.

Either way, I loved the look of the trailer and I hope it plays buttery smooth!

In Dead Rising 2 OTR you get the Zombrex for yourself rather than an NPC. In Biohazard Outbreak there's a virus level that eventually reaches 100% and you become a zombie (online) if you don't play carefully to keep your virus from getting out of hand or you can take drugs to slow it down. Ultimately, I wouldn't mind something like this. Beats the hell out of Dying Light 1 which was actually much more like Far Cry 2 in that there's set moments where you experience symptoms but ultimately there's never any real gameplay aspect to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

I fooking cannot wait for this game. I played the first one 3 times....one of my favourite games ever.

• Advertisement

Clicked into the middle of that, saw the section for the 'doubled parkour moves' and stopped after 2 minutes. I've seen enough, I will love it.

Advertisement