Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Christmas Food Do You Have Left?

• 02-01-2018 1:03pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So as the season is coming to a close what festive treats still lurk in your cabinets, fridge, utility room?

I still have left;

A Yule Log,
    A Large Cadburys Selection Box,
    A Large Galaxy Selection Box,
    A Large Bag of Chilli Nuts,
    1 Tub of Pringles,
    14 Packets of King Crisps,
    A packet of Snow Bites,
    1 Large Cadburys Mint Oreo Bar,
    Remains of Quality Street and Celebrations now separated into Daily Individual Bags (to ensure the over eating stops and spread the last of the Christmas goodies out)

There is a lot still left but we were away for quite a bit of the holidays, hence the backlog of goodies.

What do ye guys have left?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We have half a box of milk tray and that's it.

If you'd asked me this time yesterday we had an awful lot more but well... the "Sunday night dread" kicked in last night big time so... :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cleared out the last mince pie last night, still have 2 boxes of biscuits and some of the bars from the many selection boxes the kids got though.
    Some crisps still there (but we'd have them in the house anyway) & some beers but other than that I think we managed to eat/drink our way through everything in the last week or so! Alot less wastage this year funnily enough.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I hardly drank over the festive season, so I have a lot of wine and prosecco around. I have at least two unopened boxes of biscuits and a small box of truffles. Giving away a big tub of celebrations to some kids. Finally, I have a bit of trifle -it won't be around long!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A bottle of Baileys
    A box of dairy box
    A box of ferrero rocher
    A box of Lindor
    Half a Christmas cake
    Half a tin of chocolate kimberley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

A fridge full and two freezers full.....the expected nuclear disaster didn't materialise this year either...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A couple of boxes of party mix and some sweet and salty mixed nuts I made. And an empty box of After Eights taunting me from the coffee table. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We have a LOT left over - got so many boxes of biscuits and chocolates from people and then the stuff we got ourselves that we just couldn’t possibly go through that much - also, I’ve been sick, so my appetite for all food, never mind sweet stuff, has been pretty much non existent. I think I’m slowly getting back to normal but it’s annoying that we have so much leftovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Only a few mince pies. They are the best mince pies I've ever made, too. Fruity, nutty, spicy mincemeat, in crisp brown flaky pastry.

I'm not very fond of pastry but the Lewin family just love these. Holding on to the last few for the 6th of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Froze a lot of stuff at the weekend including:

Half a Christmas cake
    Portions of turkey and ham
    Garlic potatoes

Also have anothe cake still out, cheese, chocs and some various treats, though I made inroads into most of it last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

IMG_20180102_145250.jpg

Three yoghurts, two cheese triangles and a chorizo sausage ... and a jar of soup. Be grand for another week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

One unopened Christmas cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    One unopened Christmas cake.

Same here, plus a pudding, 24 cans of Carlsberg, half a bottle of vodka and 2 ltrs of coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

2 cans of 7up
    Tub of celebrations
    Box of maltesers
    Small box of Lidl shortbread
    Tin of chocolate Kimberly
    2 cans of carlsberg and 2 of Guinness
    A bottle of wine
    Kids have a few bars between them from selection boxes
    Cleared out other tubs of uneaten/unloved sweets today - into the bin!
    I actually bought pringles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭mojesius

A box of black magic (unsurprisingly)
    The apple chocolates in a box of milk tray
    Sausages and stuffing in the freezer
    Brown turkey meat in freezer for dogs
    The non chocolate biscuits in a USA tin

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tin of Afternoon tea
    Cadbury's biscuits.
    2 box's of Red fox's biscuits
    1 box of Blue Fox's biscuits.
    7 tins of Kimberley.
    1 box of Lidl Chocolate biscuits
    5 selection boxes.
    3 tubs of celebrations.
    4 tubs of roses.
    3 tub of celebrations.
    1 box of Maltesers teasers.
    3 tubs of heroes.
    Box of Milk Tray.
    After eights.
    Toffifee.
    1 box of Tayto multi pack.
    Christmas Cake.
    Christmas Pudding.

Good dates on most things so we have no worry and won't be buying treats for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Tin of Afternoon tea
    Cadbury's biscuits.
    7 tins of Kimberley.
    5 selection boxes.
    3 tubs of celebrations.
    4 tubs of roses.
    3 tub of celebrations.
    3 tubs of heroes.
    Box of Milk Tray.
    After eights.
    Toffifee.
    Christmas Cake.
    Christmas Pudding.

Good dates on most things so we have no worry and won't be buying treats for a while.

Did you sleep through Christmas or are you in a job where the public really appreciate you, a postman for example?? :D

Ghekko wrote: »
    Did you sleep through Christmas or are you in a job where the public really appreciate you, a postman for example?? :D

We start stocking up early and between what we buy and the gifts we receive end up with a good bit. We did end up with extra Kimberley this year due to the offer at Lidl but they have a good date. We normally have a few bits left until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

7 tins of Kimberley! :eek: You won't have to buy goodies for the whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Tin of Afternoon tea
    Cadbury's biscuits.
    7 tins of Kimberley.
    5 selection boxes.
    3 tubs of celebrations.
    4 tubs of roses.
    3 tub of celebrations.
    3 tubs of heroes.
    Box of Milk Tray.
    After eights.
    Toffifee.
    Christmas Cake.
    Christmas Pudding.

but no Partridge in a Pear Tree?

:-)

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    but no Partridge in a Pear Tree?

:-)

No but we have a box of Black Magic as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

A few boxes of sweets and a box of truffles that's disappearing rapidly beside me on the couch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I'm raging some family member has stuffed the sweet wrapppings under the sofa. Grrrr. My pet hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

7 tins of Kimberly?! I didn't get one! Told my mam to keep an eye out for me and she bought herself two and me none! Devo! Will have to buy a six pack at some point in the future! Preferably when Mr. CL isn't around so I don't have to share lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Two mini puddings from Aldi which the OH and I are saving for St Valentine's Day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Tub of roses, a bottle of red, bottle of white, think himself has 5ish cans Heineken and 2 or 3 cans Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Box of heros
    Two boxes of the mixed ferrero rocher (got the 2 for €8 in Euro2 one day.....absolutely convinced it was a mistake, but who was I to argue!!)
    Red box of Foxes Chocolate Biscuits
    Half a Christmas Cake
    HM Mince pies (in the freezer)
    Couple of portions of Turkey Curry (in the freezer)
    Not worried about any of it as no goodies need to be bought anytime soon:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We still have a box of Cadbury's chocolate fingers, possibly a bag of KP chilli nuts and I have a Crunchie from a selection box that I am saving in the fridge. Oh and my gran still has a M&S mini Christmas pudding which we were debating eating last night but we were both full and it's best before 11 Feb so there is still time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My mum & dad were up over the weekend to see the kids & they brought up a large Lidl christmas pud (we'd gotten a small one ourselves which was eaten on christmas day) & 2 boxes of mince pies they'd still had since christmas. As they were out visiting this year no one actually called in to their house so thay have loads left over & claimed thay'd only end up binning them... I didn't complain as I love a mince pie (or 12)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glad to see I’m not the only one that bought too much
    We ate our way through a lot although some stuff still lying about
    Large bag dry roasted peanuts
    2 sharing bags Chilling Doritos
    Lots of cheese with good dates
    2 anti pasti platters
    2 bottles of Baileys
    4 bottles of white wine
    1 bottle of red wine
    8 bottles of fever tree tonic
    8 or more Large Cobra beers
    Half box of ferrero rocher
    1/4 Christmas pudding
    Pack of Christmas slices in date till Feb
    Himself as some bits in the spare room too box of Maltesers, 3 pack terry’s Chocolate Orange

I brought Chocolate Kimberley and Celebrations into work

My mam is eating her way through her left over goodies and extra Chocolaty gifts she got I’ll take her word for how good they taste
    I’m not totally off everything I’m all for everything in moderation :)

Advertisement