Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Pretty sure I missed the AC by 1 mark last time was I was pooping myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

NiK9 wrote: »
    There is always next time if there isn't a pass. One of my mates said that a guy in his section passed recruitment on his 5th attempt. Just have to keep trying until it happens.

This is my fifth time trying. Passed the AC first time but campaign was dropped. failed the IST on second try, passed the AC but I pulled out of the third one (regret that now!) and failed the PCA on the fourth one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Goonerdee wrote: »
    There is always next time if there isn't a pass. One of my mates said that a guy in his section passed recruitment on his 5th attempt. Just have to keep trying until it happens.

This is my fifth time trying. Passed the AC first time but campaign was dropped. failed the IST on second try, passed the AC but I pulled out of the third one (regret that now!) and failed the PCA on the fourth one.

As long as I pass ist this will be my third attempt at the AC. Hopefully third time lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Goonerdee wrote: »

As long as I pass ist this will be my third attempt at the AC. Hopefully third time lucky.
    You will, 100% pass, I got the gut feeling from you. Hopefully I'll see you in Belfast buddy

• Advertisement

Civil service pension scheme guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

KN1231999 wrote: »
    We're all adults here, I wouldn't like to think people would be petty and complain to newspapers because they failed their IST and blamed it on the new system, if we fail we fail, if we pass we pass which I know we all will. I imagine some non boardies will throw the dummy out of the pram.

I agree.

However you want to a peeler.

Never ever have faith in humanity.

People are dicks and we live in a time were a lot of people have this weird sense of entitlement...

I heard them calling it the snowflake generation

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Does applying for police staff have any effect on applying for the PSNI? Or can I apply for both/all three police staff roles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Does applying for police staff have any effect on applying for the PSNI? Or can I apply for both/all three police staff roles?

Was literally about to ask the same thing. I want to apply but don’t want it to effect my chances with the psni.

Police staff have the same working conditions as the civil service albeit with different conditioned hours etc. CDOs may be different as they are not pitched as a civil service grade.

And as such I can near enough guarantee that it will have no affect on constable recruiting and I know for a fact that applying for all of them will have no affect on eachother.

Do you want me to dig?

• Advertisement

Pretty sure you can apply for one or all and it shouldn't effect your application. Police staff are still civvy so shouldn't effect constable recruitment.

Police staff have the same working conditions as the civil service albeit with different conditioned hours etc. CDOs may be different as they are not pitched as a civil service grade.

And as such I can near enough guarantee that it will have no affect on constable recruiting and I know for a fact that applying for all of them will have no affect on eachother.

Do you want me to dig?

Ok chatted to recruitment.

If you are an existing civil servant then your service carries over which means if you are already at the grade it is pitched at your pay scale carries over.

Applying has no affect on constable applications.

Would the police staff roles mentioned here be considered a "legitimate target" ? Has there been any attacks on them?

Would the police staff roles mentioned here be considered a "legitimate target" ? Has there been any attacks on them?

Yes. They have made threats on probation officers

Mate the dissidents see anything as legitimising the "oppressionist" government and their "occupation forces" as valid targets.

Hell even Cadet instructors are at risk of attack.

So I can apply to all three of those Police Staff roles and it will not affect my Constable recruitment at all?

Nope. No affect be good to let them know though. It'll be competency based interviews so easy enough.

Chances are if you are on this forum then you are interested in some form of law enforcement as a career, meaning yes you will be a target for someone out there who disagrees with what you are doing

Most people want to join the police because they want to help people these jobs help people

• Advertisement

Need to be just as careful applying for that role too then!

I done some maths there and taking the lowest end of the salary advertisd its works out about £8:16 hr which isnt really that great for the job you would be doing

Most people want to join the police because they want to help people these jobs help people

Yeah of course they help people but the police across the world are seen as law enforcement

Im not worried about the threat I just want to get the reality of the situation, know exactly what im getting into

A friend is a CDO now that they have been absorbed into the PSNI and no longer Noonan. Their pay has increased.

4 on and 4 off

So when you take your leave into account you are only working 5 months of the year.

Weekdays £8.66 p/hr
    Saturdays is time and half. £12.99 p/hr
    Sunday double time £17.32 p/hr

I done some maths there and taking the lowest end of the salary advertisd its works out about £8:16 hr which isnt really that great for the job you would be doing

I am currently on my age-range minimum wage of £5.65 per hour so that sounds good to me XD

4 on 4 off

That means conditioned week hours are 44 per week.

Works out £8.66 per hour

A friend is a CDO now that they have been absorbed into the PSNI and no longer Noonan. Their pay has increased.

4 on and 4 off

So when you take your leave into account you are only working 5 months of the year.

Weekdays £8.66 p/hr
    Saturdays is time and half. £12.99 p/hr
    Sunday double time £17.32 p/hr

Thats actually not bad when you see it like that

19811 ÷ (52x44) = 8.6586538462

4 on 4 off

That means conditioned week hours are 44 per week.

Works out £8.66 per hour

Aww right I was taking it as 48 hrs, I never had much faith in my maths lol

• Advertisement

Don't know about rest of you but if in get into police I'll already be taking a considerable pay cut. But it's the job I want. So the pay for police staff isnt really a factor as its essentially "training" in my eyes. The CDO job has the same goals as police constable e.g. the accountability, working with others etc etc. So applying for it is a good back up as you will be taught everything for that job and in the chance you failed psni you will have a better understanding of the core needs of the psni on your next attempt.

Advertisement