Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas shopping with an overnight stay

• 20-10-2017 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking for suggestions for a weekend Christmas shopping trip to a city or Kildare Village and white water shopping centre and a hotel to stay in.

I would like to complete our present shopping in this weekend & also soak up the xmas atmosphere.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and hotel suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maggiesims wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for suggestions for a weekend Christmas shopping trip to a city or Kildare Village and white water shopping centre and a hotel to stay in.

I would like to complete our present shopping in this weekend & also soak up the xmas atmosphere.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and hotel suggestions.

What part of the country are you coming from?
    Are they are types of shops you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Maggiesims

What part of the country are you coming from?
    Are they are types of shops you like?

Traveling from Kerry. Sports shops for teenagers, pull and bear etc make up. Gifts for parents maybe a nice household shop or candles.

Traveling from Kerry. Sports shops for teenagers, pull and bear etc make up. Gifts for parents maybe a nice household shop or candles.

One shopping center I enjoyed was Blanchardstown. I found that their was a good mix between the center and retail parks. They are also hotels very close by and you could access the city easily enough. I also found the center was decorated nicely for Christmas.
    It's very easy to pop into Kildare Village on the way up/down. M&S and Debenhams are small enough in Whtewater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I know the clanard court hotel in athy normally have offers for shopping it's about 30 mins from dublin and kildare village ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.keadeenhotel.ie/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiLXEkKiR1wIV573tCh3yLg81EAAYAyAAEgLtLvD_BwE

The Keadeen is a lovely hotel in Newbridge. I never stayed there but I have been there quite a few times for various reasons . Its a well run establishment.

footnote : On the day of Ophelia I heard the manager/proprietor on the radio offering to put up anyone caught out in the storm gratis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

elperello wrote: »
    https://www.keadeenhotel.ie/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiLXEkKiR1wIV573tCh3yLg81EAAYAyAAEgLtLvD_BwE

The Keadeen is a lovely hotel in Newbridge. I never stayed there but I have been there quite a few times for various reasons . Its a well run establishment.

footnote : On the day of Ophelia I heard the manager/proprietor on the radio offering to put up anyone caught out in the storm gratis.

+1 for keadeen. Food always good too

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    +1 for keadeen. Food always good too

Thanks for the recommendation but it's booked for the weekend I want to book. Looks like a nice hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Kildare house hotel in Kildare town. A short walk to kildare village. http://www.kildarehousehotel.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Do the shopping online, it's cheaper and easier and then go wherever you want to go for overnight stay.

Kildare Village is lovely around Christmas and if you want a bit of luxury The Heritage in Killenard is 20 minute drive away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

meeeeh wrote: »
    Do the shopping online, it's cheaper and easier and then go wherever you want to go for overnight stay.

Kildare Village is lovely around Christmas and if you want a bit of luxury The Heritage in Killenard is 20 minute drive away.

I can highly recommend The Heritage and Kildare Village. Both are lovely at Christmas time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

We stayed in the Keedean Hotel couple of years ago. Really enjoyed. Just on the edge of NewBridge. The Whitewater centre, very good. Pennys have a 3 story store in the town. Newbridge Silver well worth a visit. It is just at the back of the Whitewater centre.
    The Kildare Village is couple of miles away. What I liked about the town, is that it is very walkable. I am not the type to shop for
    endless hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

There was a very good offer on Living Social a few days ago. 1 night for 2 people including breakfast and late check out at the Maldron Hotel, Newlands Cross, (formerly Bewleys) for only €79.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Afollower wrote: »
    There was a very good offer on Living Social a few days ago. 1 night for 2 people including breakfast and late check out at the Maldron Hotel, Newlands Cross, (formerly Bewleys) for only €79.

An utterly boring hotel in a drab location.

Perfect if just needing a place to sleep or have a meeting.

OP is going for a fun shopping trip - not a funeral :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

That gave me a good laugh, have just booked the Keadeen Hotel suggested by someone here, thanks, looks nice and used a 40 euro code through Booking.com as also suggested by someone on another forum.

august12 wrote: »
    That gave me a good laugh, have just booked the Keadeen Hotel suggested by someone here, thanks, looks nice and used a 40 euro code through Booking.com as also suggested by someone on another forum.

Keadeen looks beautiful but it's booked for the weekend I want to go. Ideally a hotel in Newbridge I'm looking for. Thanks for all suggestions

Keadeen looks beautiful but it's booked for the weekend I want to go. Ideally a hotel in Newbridge I'm looking for. Thanks for all suggestions

Have you been to Whitewater/kildare villiage before?

Have you been to Whitewater/kildare villiage before?

Yes to Kildare village never been to white water before

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I am getting married in the celbridge manor hotel in Kildare and its so beautiful at Christmas. https://www.celbridgemanorhotel.ie/christmas.html

Advertisement