Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything Pink Floyd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Chelon wrote: »
    I also seen The Wall at The Point but not at Lansdowne. Heard so many rave reviews about Lansdowne so just wondered how it compared generally to The Point gig?

I thought the show in the Aviva was much better than the Point. We were seated in the front row and the sound was excellent. The changes made to take it into stadiums worked perfectly.

I am in London and just attended the exhibition in the Victoria & Albert museum. It is a must for anyone who can get to it. I will put up a couple of photos when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

rednik wrote: »
    I thought the show in the Aviva was much better than the Point. We were seated in the front row and the sound was excellent. The changes made to take it into stadiums worked perfectly.

I am in London and just attended the exhibition in the Victoria & Albert museum. It is a must for anyone who can get to it. I will put up a couple of photos when I get home.

That makes sense, I thought the Point gig was pretty good sonically but wasn't keen on the whole "building the wall up" concept, as by the time it was nearly done all you could see was the wall and not a lot else. I know that's the point but just suspect it would work a lot better in a bigger space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I also seen The Wall at The Point but not at Lansdowne. Heard so many rave reviews about Lansdowne so just wondered how it compared generally to The Point gig?

Personally, I wouldn't compare. Both were excellent Gigs.

Just a taster of the exhibition in the V&A museum. It took a good 90 minutes to see everything but it was well worth the time.

34652198073_67827827ea_c.jpg

34620519824_be6d22afa0_c.jpg

34652195193_35f3d146c4_c.jpg

34620508404_969213fc7f_c.jpg

34652185573_6169faebbc_c.jpg

34652184703_63ba91a23a_c.jpg

35421992706_be804bc7e8_c.jpg

34652193993_c63f61dcec_c.jpg

34620512254_a492619f2d_c.jpg

34652190593_4616e31f0f_c.jpg

34652189153_b18497fdda_c.jpg

34652180783_d2e74ee80c_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

That's IT.

I am making a plan to get my ass over to London.

AWESOME pictures Rednik, MANY thanks!

• Advertisement

That's IT.

I am making a plan to get my ass over to London.

AWESOME pictures Rednik, MANY thanks!

You will enjoy it as any Floyd fan would. Just be prepared for a busy day. From the very start other people will be taking their time reading every little poster or snippet on each segment, but it truly is worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

You will enjoy it as any Floyd fan would. Just be prepared for a busy day. From the very start other people will be taking their time reading every little poster or snippet on each segment, but it truly is worthwhile.

I found it extremely difficult to see / read anything, to the point where I just gave up. There were so many people in the room, mostly older. And many of them must have never been to an exhibition before, or just didn't care, as for the most part they'd just stand on front of you when you were reading or watching something. One old guy even asked my wife to move out of *his* way, even though she was standing there minding her own business before he came along.

The further you get into the exhibition though, the more spread out the people got, so you could see more stuff. Lots of old equipment (though Syd's guitar is a replica) and other mock ups, and a good 360 degree video experience at the end (which could have been longer - was only three videos - Arnold Layne, High Hopes, and Comfortably Numb from Live 8).

The gift shop was good too - I got loads of stuff. T shirts, pencils, fridge magnets, cuff links... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭OldRio

A few bits of Roger Waters North American tour on YouTube. Phone camera footage alas but still looks amazing.
    Here's hoping something in Europe in 2018.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,188 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OldRio wrote: »
    A few bits of Roger Waters North American tour on YouTube. Phone camera footage alas but still looks amazing.
    Yeah - those phone cameras were starting to really p!ss me off:pac:

Can't really complain as back in the 80s I used to smuggle my camera into loads of gigs (but I was one of very few - now it's almost the majority trying to grab a piece of the action)

I saw the V&A thing a few weeks back. It really is stunning, although I didn't have much time. They do charge £24 for entry but I took the option of annual membership and can visit exhibitions they charge for whenever I like with no further charge over the next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

OldRio wrote: »

Was watching them the other day, great to see some of Animals being performed.

I was just about to buy this until I discovered it worked out at £33 for p&p. Have to buy elsewhere.

http://davidgilmour.bandstores.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=BUNDLE_GILM_0108

• Subscribers Posts: 40,951 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I was just about to buy this until I discovered it worked out at £33 for p&p. Have to buy elsewhere.

http://davidgilmour.bandstores.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=BUNDLE_GILM_0108

I have to admit, preorder for about €50 has me very interested.

A taster of David Live at Pompeii has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Neglected to post this sooner, but thanks to those who reported that DG's show from Pompeii would be shown in selected cinemas for one night.

Having read that, I quickly got a couple of tix for here in Perth in September. maybe I'll be seeing it 8 hours sooner than you!

Having seen some of the audience youtube clips from the gigs, we're in for a treat.

Can't wait

I just ordered the "live at Pompeii" deluxe version from Amazon for £50 with free delivery.

http://www.echoesofpinkfloyd.com.au/

will keep me Floyd-happy in November

big b wrote: »
    http://www.echoesofpinkfloyd.com.au/

will keep me Floyd-happy in November

"Australia’s best Pink Floyd Tribute Act" - they do have a sense of humour ;-)

"Australia’s best Pink Floyd Tribute Act" - they do have a sense of humour ;-)

Best IN Australia might be more accurate

Soon find out...........

Soon find out...........

Having seen that video, maybe the..
    Best Australian Pink Floyd "tribute band" in Australia, may be closer.

• Advertisement

Soon find out...........

Aussie Floyd are phenomenal but IMO the Olympia is just too small to do them justice.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Having seen that video, maybe the..
    Best Australian Pink Floyd "tribute band" in Australia, may be closer.

It's Perth. Thousands of km's from anywhere.

We take what we can get!

Saw the Aussie Floyd & Brit Floyd many times before moving here, I have no expectation these guys will even come close to those 2 bands, but like I say - you take what live Floyd experience you can get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Blondie919 wrote: »
    http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/david-gilmour-concert-film-live-at-pompeii-to-hit-cinemas-for-one-night-only/

Dave Gilmore Live at Pompeii shown at cinemas in September. Hope it's at a cinema near me!

BUMP

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Me too.
    I was lucky to see this tour in 2015 and 2016, both shows at the Royal Albert Hall.
    Roll on tomorrow and indeed the 29th, when the CD/Blu-ray hits the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Saw this in Dungarvan Weds night. Shows how much I enjoyed it, thought it went way too fast.

Roger announces initial European tour dates for 2018, UK & Ireland to be announced soon.

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-09-18/roger-waters-announces-european-tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Anyone get Davids Live At Pompeii on cd or blu ray yet,its out today? Hoping my local music store has it in stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Anyone get Davids Live At Pompeii on cd or blu ray yet,its out today? Hoping my local music store has it in stock!

I got it last night in Golden Discs in Cork. Got the deluxe edition CD/BR version for €60. Well worth every cent of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement