Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have another "suggestion"

If as little people in the Clan are using boards as Generic says, should we maybe get rid of them as, as Jonny puts it, it is a boards.ie clan- should we have a minimum post count or something? Do they have to be an active Boardsie?

My worry with something like that is it would lead to more divide....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was looking into other options and found this, I don't know if this will solve everything and this is the first I've heard of it but thought I'd post it anyway https://blog.band.com/how-to-make-a-strong-clan-in-destiny-2-56c177bcfc26

3 features are
    Calendar — Set up raid scheduling, events, clan training and more with the calendar and RSVP feature. Each event can be posted on the wall and shared as an important notice for those time sensitive raid schedules.
    Board + Notices — Share important information, news, photos with your clan. Create a notice and notify your members with important updates! See who reads each notice and keep every member accountable.
    Text Chat — Create separate chat rooms for general discussion, fireteam lfgs, console discussion and other games.

https://blog.band.com/heres-how-band-can-help-destiny-clan-leaders-c3274ee5b812

Was looking into other options and found this, I don't know if this will solve everything and this is the first I've heard of it but thought I'd post it anyway https://blog.band.com/how-to-make-a-strong-clan-in-destiny-2-56c177bcfc26

3 features are
    Calendar — Set up raid scheduling, events, clan training and more with the calendar and RSVP feature. Each event can be posted on the wall and shared as an important notice for those time sensitive raid schedules.
    Board + Notices — Share important information, news, photos with your clan. Create a notice and notify your members with important updates! See who reads each notice and keep every member accountable.
    Text Chat — Create separate chat rooms for general discussion, fireteam lfgs, console discussion and other games.

Great post Eoin...

I would be willing to give anything like that a try if it works for everyone...

Could do a poll and see would people actually get on board?

Possibly here and on the (urg) community page

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

3 features are

See this is what I am alluding to, no offence to the admins of the group but user input like this is exactly what is needed as the admins may never have known about this unless the users were involved and put it forward. Other users could come along with more suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well if 50 only used Boards.ie then why are they in the Boards.ie clan. Its a clan setup for the users of the forum, plain and simple as that.

Yeah, it started as that and it grew far and wide and fast.

Tonnes of players who've been "core" to the Clan since very early days don't use Boards, they're there cause their friends were in the clan or they joined for a Raid and wanted to join and a variety of other reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,998 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well if 50 only used Boards.ie then why are they in the Boards.ie clan. Its a clan setup for the users of the forum, plain and simple as that.

Its a good point - and in general I agree with you. We probably should have been stricter from the off on this - and certainly from the launch of D2 - I would guess a lot of people have joined in the last week simply from searching for a clan and requesting access for clan goodies.

Maybe we should have looked to enforce it to boards.ie users and their friends.

But - I don't know if we can move back from where we are now. Kick a load of people? maybe that is part of the answer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah, it started as that and it grew far and wide and fast.

Tonnes of players who've been "core" to the Clan since very early days don't use Boards, they're there cause their friends were in the clan or they joined for a Raid and wanted to join and a variety of other reasons

Then its hardly a boards.ie clan is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's hard to work out a solution that works for everyone when so many people are involved. I'd be wary about using discord myself. It's a great system, but if not everyone wants to use that it could lead to further fragmentation of the clan - I've played other games where you have a few discord regulars organising events on there with the best of intentions, only for half the clan to miss out because they don't have the app. I know communities isn't ideal, it's a pain in the hole having to refresh to see new messages, but it seems to come closest to ticking all the boxes.

Would organising some community events help a bit with the lack of community spirit some are mentioning? Even just something simple like throw up a post a few days in advance for say Saturday night pvp, a few strikes on a Thursday or something like that? Just a thought, I've only really started playing regularly since d2 came out and I've no idea if something similar has been done before.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have another "suggestion"

If as little people in the Clan are using boards as Generic says, should we maybe get rid of them as, as Jonny puts it, it is a boards.ie clan- should we have a minimum post count or something? Do they have to be an active Boardsie?

My worry with something like that is it would lead to more divide....

Why is this even being entertained?

People are having issues using communities.... so now we need them to go set up an account for a website which has no App support or any sort of tie-in to PSN? :confused:

That's absolute baby-out-with-the-bathwater imho.

Granted my ~50 is an estimate off the cuff/top of my head. I'm not gonna do a count. Maybe the real number is bigger or smaller

So who is gonna kick Redzer? Kaiser? Bashful? Hoch? Bada$$? Saucepan? Welbeck? Terry?

What planet did I wake up this morning :confused:

Would organising some community events help a bit with the lack of community spirit some are mentioning? Even just something simple like throw up a post a few days in advance for say Saturday night pvp, a few strikes on a Thursday or something like that? Just a thought, I've only really started playing regularly since d2 came out and I've no idea if something similar has been done before.

This is exactly how the clan had been run up to this point, the minute the change went to communities all that went out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,790 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I for one cant see any insults posted here because if there was then I would be bringing my shiny mod hammer out.

I've had a quick read of this and to be frank Jonny you seem to be coming off extremely aggressive in the majority of your posts in here this morning and maybe it's coming across to the other guys as well?

Edit: not for Jonny but everyone in general. Why is everyone taking it so serious? If you have the guys on a friend's list, you see them online why don't you send a message or party invite and just ask if anyone wants to do Crucible/Strikes etc? Does everything need to be planned out in advance?

Why is this even being entertained?

People are having issues using communities.... so now we need them to go set up an account for a website which has no App support or any sort of tie-in to PSN? :confused:

That's absolute baby-out-with-the-bathwater imho.

Granted my ~50 is an estimate off the cuff/top of my head. I'm not gonna do a count. Maybe the real number is bigger or smaller

So who is gonna kick Redzer? Kaiser? Bashful? Hoch? Bada$$? Saucepan? Welbeck? Terry?

What planet did I wake up this morning :confused:

Then plain and simple it is not a boards.ie clan because its made up of mostly non boards members. So again IMO it should not be associated with Boards.ie in any way. People may view that differently but to me if I was looking for a clan and I seen lets say "Destiny 2 Reddit Clan" I would expect it to be made up of Reddit Users mainly and I would sign up to reddit to chat etc to the rest of the members of the clan. Its common sense to expect it to be made up mainly of users from the website they are aligning themselves with.

If you join a Bungie "Group" you are no longer in a Clan (and lose all the in-game aspects of that, Clan tag included). You cannot be in a Group and a Clan afaik

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've had a quick read of this and to be frank Jonny you seem to be coming off extremely aggressive in the majority of your posts in here this morning and maybe it's coming across to the other guys as well?

Show me where exactly I have been aggressive :confused:

I have made simple points and applied common sense to my reasoning and now Im been accused of been aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,790 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have made simple points and applied common sense to my reasoning and now Im been accused of been aggressive.

It's just the general tone of your posts this morning not that your actively been aggressive. I know your frustrated and that's probably coming across a little. Maybe it's just me picking it up though?

I edited the previous post as well to ask why everything needs to be planned so much.

Lads it's a video game...

No need for any of us to be getting worked up about it, I went and installed the Band yoke just to have a look at it and it looks great, but as Generic says, it's another third party thing that doesn't tie in with the PS at all so it kind of negates it...

I know it's a pain having to look at community either via the console or via the app to see what is going on but that's where we can all be, and all see it...

I've had great times playing with all of ye dotted around the place and don't want anyone to be pissed off about the limitations of the PS apps, so we just need to find something that everyone can agree on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Genuine question: Who here does NOT have their phone / tablet beside them when playing? Any game, not just Destiny? I would hazard a guess that most do. So, the suggestions of Discord / Band, are good, but require the downloading of an app, which will require your device of choice to be sat next to you.

I've downloaded both to get a quick feel for them. Discord seems to be the easier of the 2. Both require registration, band requires verification of your email address. While either one could be a viable alternative, you are still required to have a device next to you, as is the case with communities currently due to no notifications on all new posts.

We're open to all suggestions, but they need to be suggestions, not angry posts about how the community has fractured due to no notifications from communities app. Is that's all it takes to fragment the community we've built??? Personally, having the communities app open on the phone and refreshing the feed every now and then is no great deal breaker for me.

I always have my phone with me and I'm sure 95% of you do when playing games, I have no problem going into community and Refreshing the app to see what's going on at that point in time - then I can see Cormac and whoever else from Clan 2 that I would not see on my in game roster...

Yes we miss notifications, we could tell everyone to do the reply thing directly to previous post if it means most who are online at that point in time get notifications

Then plain and simple it is not a boards.ie clan because its made up of mostly non boards members. So again IMO it should not be associated with Boards.ie in any way. People may view that differently but to me if I was looking for a clan and I seen lets say "Destiny 2 Reddit Clan" I would expect it to be made up of Reddit Users mainly and I would sign up to reddit to chat etc to the rest of the members of the clan. Its common sense to expect it to be made up mainly of users from the website they are aligning themselves with.

This here seems like a conflict of our interests in our roles tbh.

Never once has the fact we had "Boards" in the Clan name been an issue while having non-boards users involved..... until all of a sudden it is now.

I too am getting a different tone from your posts on the subject this morning, Like Emmet said. Perhaps this is something that's been brewing for some of you for a while and now.

If you guys want transparency.....

If it's a choice between renaming Clan 2 (to remove the "Boards" word) or kicking Hochspitch from Clan 2 since he's not a Boards user... well... I'm going to rename the Clan. Doing the latter flies in the face of everything I've ever tried to do for the Clan and it's members. And tbh, morally, I'd never do something like.

And tbh, you are saying 100% of the Boards Clan members need to be on Boards... well if they are not, they get kicked so right? Hochspitch is not on Boards, known the guy 3 years, he ain't going nowhere.

We built this Clan around the people in it, not the "Boards.ie" banner per-se

This here seems like a conflict of our interests in our roles tbh.

Now i see the crux of the problem, so on that point I'm out of here.

• Advertisement

Personally, having the communities app open on the phone and refreshing the feed every now and then is no great deal breaker for me.

That's what I've been doing, it's definitely not perfect, but it does seem to do the job.

Again, it's been 8 days. I genuinely never felt the "need" to group up until I was doing the NF for the 1st time. But any times I've been doing more than a single match of PvP I've been throwing a post up and getting some replies or people jumping in

It's hard to work out a solution that works for everyone when so many people are involved. I'd be wary about using discord myself. It's a great system, but if not everyone wants to use that it could lead to further fragmentation of the clan - I've played other games where you have a few discord regulars organising events on there with the best of intentions, only for half the clan to miss out because they don't have the app. I know communities isn't ideal, it's a pain in the hole having to refresh to see new messages, but it seems to come closest to ticking all the boxes.

I think this is a cracking idea.

I think part of the issue could be when the clan started with D1, no one really knew anyone. Whereas now we have familiarity.

Maybe some rando competition stuff could be a good thing to go with a few nights to get people playing together.

I'd be down for that. Have no major plans for Tonight or Tomorrow night tbh.
    I'd even be down for a fresh raid possibly (as long as we don't surpass the 3rd checkpoint my 1st character got to since I'm actively trying to avoid spoilers), time & internet dependant of course :P

This is exactly how the clan had been run up to this point, the minute the change went to communities all that went out the window.

How is that an issue with communities.

You can still post up stuff on here.

You can still post the same messages on communities as you did in Messages.

The only thing we have asked people not to do is to use the Clan Chat - as that sections off half the clan.

You can do everything you used to do - the ONLY difference between notifications of new messages. The solution being to look at it periodically.

I don't see how notifications, specifically, are the downfall of all of this in your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I can see where Emmet is coming from, your messages themselves aren't aggressive but the tone of them has come across aggressive, at least that's how I see it.

Also you talk about how the admins are making all the decisions and you want to include everyone and make it a public process and then at the same time you want to remove people from the clan simply because they're not a boards user?

The boards clan is called Irish Boards XBL but I couldn't care less if we had people in there who didn't even know what boards was once they are somewhat active players and get along with everyone else.

It's a game at the end of the day

I think any comment on fewer options for raid groups this week is way off the mark.

New raid, many people with only 1 character ready to go for it, and its been out 2 days. When people are fully capable of running it in a night, and 3 times a week we will see more raids. When people are comfortable with the mechanics we will see Sherpa runs.

I do think part of the issue with lack of community grouping has been the 'race' to get raid ready. I know i've not had a night where I've not being doing something specific to get up to spec, rather than just messing around.

I'd be on for doing whatever tonight, with whomever, but probably not til 10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I just can't see why we couldn't have had community and messages don't see the need for an either or option.

I can see where Emmet is coming from, your messages themselves aren't aggressive but the tone of them has come across aggressive, at least that's how I see it.

Also you talk about how the admins are making all the decisions and you want to include everyone and make it a public process and then at the same time you want to remove people from the clan simply because they're not a boards user?

The boards clan is called Irish Boards XBL but I couldn't care less if we had people in there who didn't even know what boards was once they are somewhat active players and get along with everyone else.

I actually suggested getting rid of "non boards members" myself eons ago, but even since I suggested that, there are some stellar Clan members that are great sherpas who help a lot of the Noobs (such as myself!) who do not post here, they contribute and always keep the chat alive and their input is valued, I agree with Generic that to remove them would be a crying shame as we have played with a lot of these guys on and off over the past 3 years...

What I am trying to say is I initially suggested earlier it as a peace offering, but the more I think about it the more members I can think of that are great but yet don't post here...

As I said previous, I hope when we all have 5.0 the community thing comes along, I did leave feedback on the beta testing thing about it....

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I just can't see why we couldn't have had community and messages don't see the need for an either or option.

Which 100 players are in the messages?

Most active?

Which one (communities or messages) should be prioritised for putting stuff together?

(Genuine questions - I'm willing to go with whatever is decided as best (*mumble*discord*mumble*))

• Advertisement

Now Dave, you tell me where I have said I want users removed from the clan. I can tell you now I never said such a thing so dont go putting words in my mouth.

Advertisement