Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

theres something weird going on with leader megs.

its been up on amazon.co.uk for 45 quid too for ages (been keeping it in my "browsed" section) but now its gone with a notice saying theres an issue with it theyve been alerted by customers who preordered it.

i think they fecked the price up as amazon.com has it up for 99 dollars.

so maybe that TRU one could change too.

EDIT.

heres the alert from the site.
    Item Under Review
    This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

EDIT.

by the way i gave up waiting for sky shadow and got him off amazon.co.uk as he's up there as a prime listing which thanks to the exchange rate means he cost 56 euro.

seeing as i reckon he'd be 60 quid here i thought it was worth it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

1)theres something weird going on with leader megs.

2) by the way i gave up waiting for sky shadow and got him off amazon.co.uk as he's up there as a prime listing which thanks to the exchange rate means he cost 56 euro.

seeing as i reckon he'd be 60 quid here i thought it was worth it.

1) I ordered it from Amazon, got an email last week saying it was delayed until at least the 21st of this month. Not surprised. A few were seen in the UK, but its just barely released in the US. Smyths are saying Voyager Wave 2 is delayed, until they don't know when. Have some suspicion the line is in difficulty here already.

2) Apparently Toymaster at the end of Mary St had a few about a month ago along with a restock of Sixshot.

that video from the link is fecking epic !

:D:D:D

man im SO surprised smyths are getting him. IIRC itll be the most expensive transformer theyve ever stocked here !

glad i didnt plump for the pre order too !

now i just need a wheelbarrow to get the lad back to the house.

:D

being serious 179 is a good price considering whats being asked elsewhere before postage and import duties. i reckon youve a good chance for a sale price on him too for those brave enough to risk it.

still GREAT news. just did a stock check on him and apparently theres one in blanch and one in swords !

so a wider roll out must be happening soon.

EDIT.

just a head up. he's available on amazon.co.uk for £149.99 which after free shipping and exchange rates is €180.63 today (obvs that'll change day to day due to the travails of STG).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071LG12WX/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Its temporarly out of stock at the mo but at least its up now and at practically the same price as smyths here.

now i just need a wheelbarrow to get the lad back to the house.

Don't forget to read up on the exploding hips problem first.

No decisions from me until i know for sure what the Takara one looks like.
    But if it's identical to the Hasbro one, i'll just go to Smyths.

• Advertisement

I'll be using him for display so I've no real fear on the hips issue. Sides I want to see more complaints first to ensure its not just the odd bad batch the guys who got him early just got .

In other news kapow have got some older stock back in

Sdcc fort max for instance. Is back in at 136 euro which with postage is circa 150 quid . The bog standard model is in for 113 so 128 quid with postage .

Alpha trions back for 12 euro odd too.

I remember walking into a Smyths... Next thing i remember i was sitting in the car, and there was a Trypticon sitting on the back seat....

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

ChopShop wrote: »
    I remember walking into a Smyths... Next thing i remember i was sitting in the car, and there was a Trypticon sitting on the back seat....

I was close. Walked in the front door at Carrickmines, and there was a TR display facing the entrance - I wasn't expecting that, let alone Tryp.
    Then again, I didn't bite on the bargain FortMaxs multiple times, so I don't think I really want these gigantic things that I have no space for.
    Same thing stopping me getting FT-20A/B (FansToys Omega Supreme).

CW Dev was a one-off, and other than that the Gigasaurs and FT Phoenix are the biggest I'm allowing myself!

its great to see him coming out in greater numbers though.

theres 4 of the lad in fonthill so ill drop over to there next week to see if i can nab one.

in other news the kapow lads have Titans return overlord in for 65 quid (changes with the exchange rate so you know its about that). thats before the postage though.

wont be getting him myself as ive got an original to stick in between my sky shadow and sixshot.

man i love my phase sixers set is compelete now.

just wanted to pop this in

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rumour-huge-power-of-the-primes-leaks-predaking-dinobots-optimus-primal-elita1-and-more/39041/

HUGE leaks in relation to the up coming "power of the primes" line

were getting G1 Dinobots, terrocons (both deluxes ), and the titan class fig is G1 PREDADKING.

made up entirely of voyager class figs. (So i guess like the original but with better articulation ! :) )

ive no idea if the dinos/terrocons can combine as theyre just listed as deluxes with hungrr and grimlock being voyager but ive heard rumours the power of the primes gimick is supposed to be about unlocking "powers" in certain figs so ya never know.

plus the pretenders make a return. so it look like i can get the skullgrin and octopunch ive been lookin for.

plus there looks to be another power master prime along with a really nifty looking rodimus prime (and bizarrely a rodimus prime that seems to have something to do with unicron. diff paint scheme too)

either way im delighted the dinos are FINALLY getting some love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Some good times ahead.
    Only shame is Sludge shouldn't be a delux.

Predaking I would love to see the designs feom the earth wars Game.

ive no idea if the dinos/terrocons can combine as theyre just listed as deluxes with hungrr and grimlock being voyager but ive heard rumours the power of the primes gimick is supposed to be about unlocking "powers" in certain figs so ya never know.

It just seems to underscore how uninteresting TFCon was this year.

Reminds me a little of the old days when protos would leak months before the final product appeared on toy shevles. The reaveal at SDCC seemed a little unplanned, that plus Hasbro having these pics pulled, i think they're just not ready yet.
    MarkHall wrote: »
    Some good times ahead.
    Only shame is Sludge shouldn't be a delux.

Predaking I would love to see the designs feom the earth wars Game.

You can be pretty sure Wei Jiang or a similar company will be oversizing all of them. The idea of Dinobots being smaller than Predacons seems to be rankling quite a few.

No issue with them being smaller than the preds.
    But Sludge should tower over his Dinobuddies.

just back from being in smyths in fonthill and theyve got the complete titans return wave 4 deluxes in (perceptor, kup, topspin and co) and a big restock of the movie figs.

the TR stuff is 23.99 but the movie stuff is back up to full price (so 40 quid for voyage movie grimlock steel bane et all and 27 quid for the deluxes)

leader megs and prime are there at 79.99.

gotta say i think ill pick up kup and perceptor. despite the fact hes a wrecker i just cant get enthused for topspin though.

they also look to have at least 3 trypticons in.

speaking of him i havent got him yet as i was watching "peaughs" review of him on youtube the other day and apparently the hip problem thing seems to be just confined to a small batch of the initial run. he's saying his is fine and theres some reddit post or something saying if your fig comes from a serial number beyond that batch odds are itll be fine.

so im gonna wait a bit. particularly as theres looking to be a big influx of the guy across all smyths stores between the 2 and the 9 of august (according to the preorder stuff on their website)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

just back from being in smyths in fonthill and theyve got the complete titans return wave 4 deluxes in (perceptor, kup, topspin and co) and a big restock of the movie figs.

the TR stuff is 23.99 but the movie stuff is back up to full price (so 40 quid for voyage movie grimlock steel bane et all and 27 quid for the deluxes)

gotta say i think ill pick up kup and perceptor. despite the fact hes a wrecker i just cant get enthused for topspin though.

speaking of him i havent got him yet as i was watching "peaughs" review of him on youtube the other day and apparently the hip problem thing seems to be just confined to a small batch of the initial run. he's saying his is fine and theres some reddit post or something saying if your fig comes from a serial number beyond that batch odds are itll be fine.

so im gonna wait a bit. particularly as theres looking to be a big influx of the guy across all smyths stores between the 2 and the 9 of august (according to the preorder stuff on their website)

Don't suppose you'd have a link to the reddit thread on batch numbers? I've tried several searches and had no luck finding it.

i dont even know what Reddit is !

:D:D:D:D

heres a copy of the comments in the video review on it from peaughs youtube page thought if its any help
    ngnaw
    ngnaw3 days ago
    What product run # is your Trypticon from? I saw the reddit post you mention and seems the non problem run # is 71241... I wonder which run # has the problem?
    Reply 2
    peaugh
    peaugh3 days ago
    I think mine was 70891?
    Reply 1

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

i dont even know what Reddit is !

:D:D:D:D

heres a copy of the comments in the video review on it from peaughs youtube page thought if its any help

Many thanks! I've seen some of that conversation on twitter, Maz from TF Square One's been asking people for their lot # and if it has the leg issue.

The stamp on the back of my (Smyths) Trypticon's box is 71311, if that's any use to anyone. Haven't opened it yet. So can't comment on the springs.

With the movie just pulled from theatres?

Paid 52 for Leader Megatron from Amazon. Wouldn't have gone much further. Have (Leader) Armor Knight Optimus from the last one, i'm sure it was cheaper than that, and the deco is absolutely better.

They'll all be reduced (again) soon enough.

That instock date for Trypticon has been moved back at least once already.

seems nuts to me alright.

ive kinda gone cool on leader megs so may pass if theres no big price drop like ya suggest.

i DO like the designs of some of em (like steelbane and barricade) but im just not a movie toy fanboy at heart. particularly with all the sweet generations stuff were getting.

the trypticon thing is weird.

couple of days ago i couldnt get any info off smyths site (just saying it was a "preorder") . now when you check individual stores its showing up in place that didnt have it before (like carrickmines and a store in cork i cant remember)

so it looks like its dribbling into stock at a sporadic rate. certainly the last time i saw a date it was the 1st august the earlierst yet here they are showing up on the 28th.

ive noticed he's popping up at a normal price on amazon too (UK and US) . was fecking 200 quid pluss for ages there now its cheaper than retail from the uk (albeit by about 2 quid)

maybe theres some sort of behind the scenes recall going on to ensure all the new ones dont have the hip issue ?

should find out soon enough. good luch with yer own man !

just to update theyve got Trypsie in tallaght.

dropped in today to pick up a Kup but passed as the paint app on the head was marked. anyway point is theyve 2 Trypticons in which i wasnt expecting.

its the first time i actually got to handle the box as the ones in fonthill are all up on the top shelf and you'd need a ladder to get them.

im surprised at how small the box is. ok small is a relative term with this lad but ive got the ACG editions of fort max and metroplex and he's smaller than both of theirs. i know his legs come off and thats probably helped.

either way he's not as cumbersome as i thought he'd be and the weight aint that bad for such a big figure.

im holding off for a bit though. with the exchange rate the way it is at the mo he's heading to be a fiver plus cheaper off amazon.co.uk and he's only out. i reckon theres a good chance of a price point cut on him in the future and i could pick him up for 150 or less.

then i just have to buy another gaff to display them all !

• Advertisement

this went up today.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-legends-lg-ex-metroplex-reissue.html

im raging as i spent a fortune on the ACG edition literally just a few weeks back. but at least it means you guys have a second stab at the lad.

it seems to be basically a slight repaint, with the chromed fact/hips, and the second blaster. so basically the SDCC version without the mini figs to display on him and white landing strips instead of black.

this went up today.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-legends-lg-ex-metroplex-reissue.html

im raging as i spent a fortune on the ACG edition literally just a few weeks back. but at least it means you guys have a second stab at the lad.

it seems to be basically a slight repaint, with the chromed fact/hips, and the second blaster. so basically the SDCC version without the mini figs to display on him and white landing strips instead of black.

I presume it's a re-release of / identical to the 2013 Takara Generations Release. Was a possibility as soon as Trypticon was confirmed. Takara ran a poll to see what people wanted reissued, but Legends Fortress didnt make the minimum order quantiy. So i suppose it's this instead. It'll be fairly limite, and prob won't get that pre-order discount (in Japan) that so many TT items get. You prob have the rarest version of the toy, but reissues are always a risk these days. Esp if they see secondary market prices climbing.

I might jump on this myself. Someone has been trying to twist my arm into selling them my Hasbro Metroplex.

ah its more a timing thing.

ive only recently got back into buying the figs and its more a "chance to get the figs i missed as a kid" kick thanks to the love "generations" is getting off the producers.

ive fond memories of having G1 metroplex in my mits in dunnes stores in tallaght in '86 but by the time i saved up the gosh to buy him he was rotated out of stock. so he was always a bit of a "grail" fig (like swoop ! )

in a weird way TF made me a better business head as it forced me to deal with a budget and make hard choices :D

the ACG lad i picked up was ironically the cheapest i could find with the second blaster (i think it looks much better in his city mode as an additional tower and makes the battlestation mode look more symetricial with two mounted on his ramp/landing platforms) as the SDCC one is going for absolutely mental prices. so i'dve had no prob opting for this new lad.

in other news theres been a bit on the business programs from morgan stanley saying they predict the STG/EURO exchange rate is gonna hit parity in 6months.

now similar has been said about US/EURO and it DID get damn close but then drifted again so take their advice with a pinch of salt.

anyway the point is its REALLY hitting sites like amazon. right now ya can pick up a trypticon off them -with free post- for 172 euro and some odd change . if the report is on the money then ya could be looking at picking him up for circa 150 quid down the road and that Takara Reissue of metroplex would look to hit RIGHT in the middle of that inflection point.

just something to think on.

Anyone After a SkyLynx!

Then you may want to check your Local Heatons!
    Managed to nab two for myself and a Mate over the weekend!

They also have Onslaught! If anyone hasn't got one at this stage!

just surfing smyths website and theyve a sale going on and the price cut on trypticon is a fairly decent 30 quid.

he's going for €149.99 now.

the deluxes are only down to 21.99 though.

when you look at fort max now i think you could be cheeky and hold out for a €100 euro price down the road but right now considering he's just out its a good deal IMO.

ALSO Nitro Zeus is up for 39.99. pretty much the only movie fig i want right now (i wanted to pick up steelbane too but apparently he's floppy as **** on the joints front. so may plump for the dragonstorm instead- who's also up for 78.99)

just surfing smyths website and theyve a sale going on and the price cut on trypticon is a fairly decent 30 quid.

he's going for €149.99 now.

the deluxes are only down to 21.99 though.

when you look at fort max now i think you could be cheeky and hold out for a €100 euro price down the road but right now considering he's just out its a good deal IMO.

ALSO Nitro Zeus is up for 39.99.
    pretty much the only movie fig i want right now (i wanted to pick up steelbane too but apparently he's floppy as **** on the joints front. so may plump for the dragonstorm instead- who's also up for 78.99)

I don't wanna say "don't get your hopes" cause i was wrong about Trypticon... but the odds of Nitro appearing at retail here are pretty slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Heads up for anyone still thinking of getting Trypticon. Smyths have a deal where if you spend €150 in store this weekend only you get 30 off so add something small and you can get it for about 120 (as I just did...)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Heads up for anyone still thinking of getting Trypticon. Smyths have a deal where if you spend €150 in store this weekend only you get 30 off so add something small and you can get it for about 120 (as I just did...)

What's he like Deano - do you have Metroplex too?
    I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger as the sale is nearly over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

AxlF wrote: »
    What's he like Deano - do you have Metroplex too?
    I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger as the sale is nearly over.

Really like him. I don't have Metroplex (looking at the Takara rerelease potentially) but do have Fort Max. In robot mode he's shorter but kind of bulkier, and his base mode is great and fairly comparable in size. The one issue being his head just sticking out the back. I do much prefer it to Fort Max's though.

Haven't had any issues with the hips yet so hoping that was resolved in later batches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Deano7788 wrote: »

Haven't had any issues with the hips yet so hoping that was resolved in later batches.

Great, that's what I was hoping to hear. I've got Hasbro Metroplex and he definitely needs a dance partner ☺️

Advertisement