Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Good Fight (Good Wife Spin-off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That's great, I loved that character.

Also opens the door for Alan Cumming to guest star, hopefully. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ye I want the Eli show that's who the spin off should have been based around.

But I'll take and hope for a guest appearance.

CBS forthcoming all digital spinoff of The Good Wife will be titled The Good Fight

http://tvline.com/2016/10/31/the-good-fight-cbs-spinoff-good-wife/

The spin off is called..........The Good Fight

Set to stream exclusively on CBS All Access after its first episode debuts on the Eye’s broadcast network, the series will pick up one year after the end of “The Good Wife.” After an enormous financial scam destroys the reputation of young lawyer Maia and wipes out the savings of her mentor Diane Lockhart, the two are forced out of Lockhart & Lee and join Lucca Quinn at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent law firms.

Christine Baranski and Cush Jumbo will reprise their roles as Diane Lockhart and Lucca Quinn from the original series. They will be joined in the cast by Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Sarah Steele, Paul Guilfoyle, Bernadette Peters and Erica Tazel. “The Good Wife” creators Robert and Michelle King will executive produce

logo.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-good-wife-spinoff-official-title-1201905031/

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Would have had a lot of enthusiasm for this but they made such a mess of TGW's finale that it gets a big meh from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Online TV forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First episode will be on network TV. I'll move this thread in time for episode 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Does that synopsis give spoilers for the Good Wife for anyone watching at Irish/UK pace?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Does that synopsis give spoilers for the Good Wife for anyone watching at Irish/UK pace?

The final season has aired on RTE and More 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Foresty

ThisRegard wrote: »

No, you can read it.

Debuting on Sunday February 19th 2017 on CBS for the pilot episode and then move to CBS All Access exclusively and will air weekly from then on.

They can go a bit more adult with the language being online.
    “Oh yeah, Diane is going to swear,” Robert King tells TVLine, exclusively. “There is nothing quite like hearing Christine Baranski swear.”

They have had to reshoot a scene from the pilot episode as they predicted Hillary winning and Diane was basking in that glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They have had to reshoot a scene from the pilot episode as they predicted Hillary winning and Diane was basking in that glory.

That's interesting! The Good Wife was very often ahead of the curve with topical issues, they were regularly anticipating the news. I'd have thought they might have called it!
    Are they the same writers ?

I hope they've had enough time to integrate it into their storylines as really it makes for a much more interesting political landscape than if Hilary had won in ways for the purposes of the show at least.

Nah I'd say there won't be a need to be huge rewrites series wish or anything like that as it wouldn't be part of a huge on going storyline.

I'd guess it's the same writes but to be fair Hollywood and the press all called the election wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Nah I'd say there won't be a need to be huge rewrites series wish or anything like that as it wouldn't be part of a huge on going storyline.

I'd guess it's the same writes but to be fair Hollywood and the press all called the election wrong.

Yeah I guess that's true, by the same token though The Good Wife was the only recent series I can think of to ever take a look at the more conservative /Republican perspective in a respectful way. In one or two episodes they covered some issues like gun control and the pro life point of view and looked behind the usual stereotype of Hilbilly wooden heads which led to some interesting conversations I thought. I hope it's the same writers. I've missed the Good Wife.

• Advertisement

Kicks off tomorrow night in the States with a double episode.

I've been watching all of the tv spots over the last few weeks for it and they have me hooked for this.

That was really Good (pun intended) and lots of cursing :)

They have started with a really strong story to kick it off and to introduce the new cast.

If you liked The Good Wife I'd say you will enjoy this.

Alicia not being in it is a plus for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Excellent start and would highly recommend it to any TGW fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭moby2101

SoftMicro wrote: »
    Excellent start and would highly recommend it to any TGW fans.
    + 1
    Reminiscent of the earlier seasons of Good Wife before it went crap.
    Good solid cast and really good opening story arc

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Does anyone know if this will be shown on sky or Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was really Good (pun intended) and lots of cursing :)

They have started with a really strong story to kick it off and to introduce the new cast.

If you liked The Good Wife I'd say you will enjoy this.

Alicia not being in it is a plus for me.
    Totally agree with this it much more of an ensemble now and all the better for it. The final season of the good wife was poor IMO, but this is right back on track and I like the little nods and mentions of Will and Alicia.
    The new characters are terrific....one criticism and it is a minor one Rose Leslies accent is a little shaky.
    But cush jumbo and Christine baranski are smashing it out of the park already!
    Lovely to see some old faces popping up! Especially in episode 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Ah enjoyed that now!! Was a big fan of the Good Wife so am delighted it is up to that standard. Didn't know Marissa was returning, was happy seeing her!

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Not bad opening episodes - I'll probably watch for a while to see where the show goes.

Though, I'll be honest, part of me is still expecting/hoping for a courtroom scene where the lead actress screams 'YOU KNOW NUFFIN'!!!' at the opposing counsel, A Few Good Men style....

you-know-nuffin-jon-snow.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Two solid episodes, this could be a great show in time.

Advertisement