Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cool Inventions / Kickstarters / Crowdfunding thread

Options
  • 19-07-2016 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭

Post your favourite or most interesting new inventions, Kickstarter or crowdfuned campaigns here.
    (Maybe some older interesting and obscure inventions would be cool too)

Hopefully this thread wont sink to the bottom of the murky depths of the boardsea like this potentional Kickstarter item could. ;)

Pakayak - The Ultimate Packable Kayak

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pakayak/pakayak-the-ultimate-packable-kayak

what-is-pakayak-1.jpg

pakayak_3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Tail Lights

Wearable LED lights for horses to keep them and their riders safe. Invented by Sami Gros after her friend and their horse were struck by a driver in a hit and run, despite wearing reflective gear.

IMG_1176.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

enhanced-16073-1393276083-1.jpg?resize=540%2C540

Very intrigued by the geo orbital.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    enhanced-16073-1393276083-1.jpg?resize=540%2C540

I find that Silicone spatualas are great for cleaning out any jar and plates etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Valentina wrote:
    Wearable LED lights for horses to keep them and their riders safe. Invented by Sami Gros after her friend and their horse were struck by a driver in a hit and run, despite wearing reflective gear.

As long as they are washable! :D

• Advertisement

Here's an Irish one I backed called Ripcord by MyVolts which was successfully funded recently.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48955335/ripcord-the-plug-n-play-anywhere-usb-power-cable/description

Its a USB cable with a voltage converter that can power Guitar Pedals, Synthesizers, Keyboards, Small Amps, Drum machines, Mixers and even some retro game consoles etc.. from a USB mains adapter, Power Bank battery, computer or even an Android phone.

I have one of their pre Ripcord Cables which is basically the same and I use it to power my Korg Volca Keys fom USB instead of having to buy an expensive power adapter or use 6 AA batteries, and it works really well.

I guess if you know your voltages, amperages, polarity and barallel sizes you could use this to power virtually any DC powered devices like Routers etc..once it uses less than 1A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I ordered one of these, it's early stages and there'll probably be better but should be good for a laugh... turn yer body into a subwoofer..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/basslet/the-basslet-a-wearable-subwoofer-for-your-body

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I ordered one of these, it's early stages and there'll probably be better but should be good for a laugh... turn yer body into a subwoofer..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/basslet/the-basslet-a-wearable-subwoofer-for-your-body

I was thinking this is the most gimmicky thing ive ever seen but might be useful for djs producers or musicians to keep in time with the beat.

I seriously doubt you can feel it through the rest of your body though.

Doge wrote: »
    I was thinking this is the most gimmicky thing ive ever seen but might be useful for djs producers or musicians to keep in time with the beat.

I seriously doubt you can feel it through the rest of your body though.

ya i suppose there's a bit of mind trickery going on. In the same way I say i feel the music through my body when just wearing earbuds, when in fact it's just some receptors in my ears sending a signal to my brain to think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Be sure to bring that tyre with you when you lock it up in Dublin city centre...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I like this one by an Irish crowd, hides your internet activity out and about, doubles as a spare battery for your phone.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/683682172/invizbox-go

Farmbot Genesis is humanity's first open-source CNC farming machine designsd for at-home automated food production.

www.farmbot.io

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

The Superbook converts your phone into a laptop.

It makes sense if you have a powerful smart phone which most people have these days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f

That would be a very nice accompaniment for a Windows tablet.
    Couldn't see myself using it with my android phone though.

Interesting idea but why not just buy something like the Remix Ultratablet which uses Remix OS - a desktop android OS which uses individual windows for each app.

http://www.jide.com/remix-ultratablet

It has a full sized detachable keyboard.

A laptop that needs to have a phone connected to it sounds like a fail.

Edit: you could also just use Remix OS on your existing laptop or PC too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

All the items posted so far seem utterly pointless items to me, nothing useful - creating a need for a new product rather than creating a new product to fit a need.
    Or am I missing something?

Gaspode wrote: »
    All the items posted so far seem utterly pointless items to me, nothing useful - creating a need for a new product rather than creating a new product to fit a need.

Goddam man, it turns your body into a subwoofer
    Y U NO LIKE?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭blackbox

In fairness, I think we need that gadget for the Nutella jars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

d31b0y wrote: »
    That would be a very nice accompaniment for a Windows tablet.
    Couldn't see myself using it with my android phone though.

Lumia phones already do that.

Lumia phones already do that.

Not sure what you are getting at. The "laptop shell" states that it works with other devices. I meant it would be a nice dock for a Windows tab. Two decent sized screens with a built in keyboard and mouse.

Well if you know of any new products that people need, feel free to share. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well the real genius is designing anything, nobody ever thought they needed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

3041_3ce1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is this a sex doll?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Water John wrote: »
    Is this a sex doll?

For the right donation it can be anything you want it to be :cool:

Heres a must have item....
    Introducing FIDGET CUBE :pac:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/antsylabs/fidget-cube-a-vinyl-desk-toy?ref=user_menu

The goal was only $15,000 and now its after hitting almost $4.2 million! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Hopefully this is designed to self destruct after x amount of fidgets with just enough force to take out the fidgeter and remove them from society. The designer is an evil genius!

• Advertisement

9168_151b_960.jpeg

Advertisement