Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Credit where Credit is due

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I must express my greatest admiration for the senior Waterford hurling panel for the great game today and the drawn game last week.

Those were the two best games of hurling I have seen from the Waterford team.

So great credit to the players and the management.
    They made me proud to be from Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

debok wrote: »
    Well said

Yes, Derek and the lads, keep it going and positive stuff will happen.

P.S.not even gaa fan but can appreciate effort from mgt and players.proud Waterford man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I must express my greatest admiration for the senior Waterford hurling panel for the great game today and the drawn game last week.

+1

Pretty much what I intended to post on this thread. Very disappointed getting home last night at midnight and getting up this morning knowing our season was over, but I've so much pride in our wonderful young hurlers who almost did it against the "Empire" of hurling. Our year will come, no doubt about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I've done a lot of giving out this year about the negative style of play, the dour brand of hurling, but the last two games have been some of the best I can remember from a Waterford team, probably the best in fact.

Very proud of the team and I hope they go on from this and it drives them to improve and do better next year.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

My take on this is a little different.

Has this year really been a success for Waterford?

Couldn't get over the line in a league final and lost a replay.

Got annihilated in a Munster Final.

Failed to put Kilkenny away in the first game before losing a replay. All Ireland winning teams don't miss the chances Waterford missed to go 4 points up with 5 minutes to go, in the first game. It's not unlucky, it was lack of composure.

The mayor of Waterford wants to give the Waterford team a civic reception for losing an All Ireland Semi Final. That's laughable. Accepting and celebrating failure. There's a reason why Liam McCarthy hasn't been in Waterford in a long long time.

My take on this is a little different.

Has this year really been a success for Waterford?

Couldn't get over the line in a league final and lost a replay.

Got annihilated in a Munster Final.

Failed to put Kilkenny away in the first game before losing a replay. All Ireland winning teams don't miss the chances Waterford missed to go 4 points up with 5 minutes to go, in the first game. It's not unlucky, it was lack of composure.

The mayor of Waterford wants to give the Waterford team a civic reception for losing an All Ireland Semi Final. That's laughable. Accepting and celebrating failure. There's a reason why Liam McCarthy hasn't been in Waterford in a long long time.
    Thankfully not everyone's appreciation is dependent on results. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

I see the Marina Hotel has applied for planning permission for an additional two floors. That's a big vote of confidence in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

He's right though! Celebrating mediocrity again in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

thomasm wrote: »
    I see the Marina Hotel has applied for planning permission for an additional two floors. That's a big vote of confidence in the city.

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

The Hurlers don't get paid. They put in huge effort for very little return.

Their efforts should be recognised, not just the Waterford Hurlers and not just the all Ireland champs but all intercounty Hurlers.

What a silly comment from a consistent source of them,I would love to know what field you excelled in, however civic reception when we didn't win any gaa trophy ain't gonna be welcomed by anyone involved.fair enough if u21 lads manage it.

While on the sports, congrats to Thomas Barr for reaching the Olympic final by winning his heat in great style. :D
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2016/0817/809839-thomas-barr/

Congrats to the U21 hurlers for a fantastic win against Galway today, and to all concerned with the team.

What a great bunch of lads!

Congrats to the organisers of Harvest. They packed a hell of a lot into that programme and the city looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Congrats to the organisers of Harvest. They packed a hell of a lot into that programme and the city looked great.

Yep. They have taken some stick in recent years, but really enjoyed it in there today, loads going on.

Also the homecoming down in the park for the under 21s was really well done. A great weekend overall for the deise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

How many blaas did the winner of the blaa eating competition eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yep. They have taken some stick in recent years, but really enjoyed it in there today, loads going on.

Also the homecoming down in the park for the under 21s was really well done. A great weekend overall for the deise

New organisers this year

• Advertisement

Irish Rail Staff - Waterford Plunkett

Just want to appreciate the helpful staff at Waterford Railway Station. Have been using trains quite a bit lately and the staff at Waterford are by far the most helpful and professional of anywhere I've been. Also the floral displays for the 1916 commemoration were epic. Big thank you and well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Just want to give credit to a guy called Alex in the hand car wash behind the TOP garage on the Park Road.

I got a puncture and the wheel refused to come off. When he saw I was struggling, he sprayed some solution on the disk to cool/contract it, then gave it a few kicks to get it off. He allowed me the use of his facilities to wash my hands afterwards.

Nice guy, and I'd urge all of you to give him some of your business.

Credit to hilary O'Neill and others for organising march, she's well able to give a rousing speech too...keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Just wanted to say well done to all involved in getting the GIY Centre built on the Outer Ring Road (near junction with the Dunmore Road). It's a fantastic facility, and hopefully will encourage lots of people to try growing a few veggies in their back gardens.

The café opened on Wednesday & lots of the food on the menu has been grown on the site. It's a lovely, bright space & is only a short walk from WUH. They also plan on running cookery & gardening classes there.

I think it's a great feather in the cap for Waterford, something to be very proud of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

to the Friends of the St.John's River who were out cleaning up the takeaway shi'te left last night at the path opposite the Kingfisher Club this morning as I passed by.

to the Friends of the St.John's River who were out cleaning up the takeaway shi'te left last night at the path opposite the Kingfisher Club this morning as I passed by.

Interesting old map of the city which shows the course of John's River through town
    http://www.logainm.ie/eolas/Data/Brainse/waterford.jpg

Fair play to that woman who was speaking on radio one and on news about march today, very good, concise, to the point no bull.name escapes me,Hillary something maybe....credit due.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Max Powers wrote: »
    Fair play to that woman who was speaking on radio one and on news about march today, very good, concise, to the point no bull.name escapes me,Hillary something maybe....credit due.

Hilary O'Neill - A spokeswoman for the South East Patient Advocacy Group

• Advertisement

Advertisement