Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Damien360 wrote: »
    big panic wildcard and not sure I have done well at all. Struggled to get a decent team

wildcard%20team_zpsqnvqyodx.jpg

Nothing necessarily wrong with it. Bit much spent on defence. Try share a small bit of that love around the rest of the team maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Any advice.

1.3m left in bank

Foster/Heaton

Shaw/Williams/Evans/Souare/Wilson

Cazorla/Hazard/Lamela/Antonio/Pereyra

Ibra/Benteke/Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any advice.

1.3m left in bank

Foster/Heaton

Shaw/Williams/Evans/Souare/Wilson

Cazorla/Hazard/Lamela/Antonio/Pereyra

Ibra/Benteke/Lukaku

What's the plan to get Kun back?
    If your not gonna play Pereyra in the next 2 GWs I would pick a 4.5m instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Feel I have wasted my wildcard, any advice grateful

0.7m left in bank

Foster/Heaton
    Valencia/Baines/Souare/Gibson/Kingsley
    Cazorla/Hazard/Sanchez/Milner/Capoue

Ibra/Vokes/Lukaku
    Thinking Sterling instead of Cazorla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Benimar wrote: »
    We have a lot of similar players! (I'm on WC too)

I have Shaw, McAuley, Amat, Hazard, Sanchez, Antonio, Capoue, Ibra and Defoe, so no argument from me on any of those.

I have Benteke to your Bony but thats a toss of a coin and I could change yet.

Where I differ is your GKs and Defence. I really want some Arsenal defensive coverage and the cheapest route is Cech so I'm going with him and either Pickford or Jakupovic.

The only concerns I'd have about your defence is the double up on Man U and WBA. Personally I'm not a fan of defensive double ups, but that could be just me.

I've gone with Williams and Masuaku for now but am tempted to downgrade Masuaku to Kone to possibly upgrade Barkley.
    manual_man wrote: »
    @lassykk. No plan to get Aguero back in? Overall I think it looks pretty good. Sterling sure is playing well but there's a little bit of rotation risk with Sane fit and available now. Nsue in defense could be at risk of losing his spot to Chambers (who has played RB as well as CB) who Boro just signed. Friend is a safer option now for the same price I think. Double Man U defense is a punt but one which could pay off - an Everton defender instead is a good option also. Bony has massive potential but is it a bit soon to get him? Personally I'd hold off on that one for now (GW10 onwards Stokes fixtures are lovely so there's no rush). I fancy Liverpool mids to score well but you can't have them all and you certainly do have a strong looking midfield lineup there. I reckon Heaton/Robinson is a pretty safe bet if you want to save a little £ (Heaton has very rarely missed a game and I'd guess Robinson is 2nd choice for his PL experience). Certainly a good-looking team though that could score well

Thanks both for your feedback. Very much appreciated.

I think you might be right about the double WBA defence for definite... I do like the idea of the double United defence but it isn't something I have done in the past... If I go Heaton/Robinson I could free up 0.5m to upgrade McAuley to either an Everton def or WHU def

Trying to get an Arsenal def in would be hard as I'm tight on cash!
    I could end up with Williams/Masuaku instead of McAuley and Shaw by tomorrow night!

I suppose Sterling allows a sideways shift to Coutinho if he fires better than Sterling or if Sterling loses his place. He has looked on fire though so I hope Pep sticks with him. I had Firmino to start off with but he broke my heart!

I suppose the only way to get Aguero back in would be to downgrade Sanchez to a relative cheapie and upgrade either Defoe or Bony depending on who's going worse

Comments on Bony are good and I'll wait for the press comments before committing to him... Not sure if I fancy Benteke though as Palace have looked poor... might have to reconsider!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I can't shake this feeling about going with a strong defence and playing 4 at the back. What has got into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benteke slowly creeping towards the rise
    Need him to hold so I can decide
    Himself and Costa will both probably rise tomorrow night negating the .1 I'd make on Costa

• Yeah, if a few rose tonight so I could get rid, I'd be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Keep buying Sterling
    Stop buying benteke
    Thanks all
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭skippy15

Think my WC is finalized-:eek:
    Foster
    Valencia Baines McCauley
    Haz Ozil Antonio Capoue
    Costa Ibra Bent

Sub: Jaku Kone Amat Hojberg

Likes: squeezing Antonio and Baines , and enough in bank for straight Costa to Kun swap for gw 6
    Dislike- May only have 1 playing gk, Capoue/kone as starters in first 11, hojberg amat as weakfish bench options.
    Benteke/ Antonio/ baines all be given 4 weeks or so to prove themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

skippy15 wrote: »
    Think my WC is finalized-:eek:
    Foster
    Valencia Baines McCauley
    Haz Ozil Antonio Capoue
    Costa Ibra Bent

Sub: Jaku Kone Amat Hojberg

Likes: squeezing Antonio and Baines , and enough in bank for straight Costa to Kun swap for gw 6
    Dislike- May only have 1 playing gk, Capoue/kone as starters in first 11, hojberg amat as weakfish bench options.
    Benteke/ Antonio/ baines all be given 4 weeks or so to prove themselves

Looking like a very solid lineup! I'd have probably went with Evans and Williams for McAuley and Baines to save a bit more, but that's just me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Feedback welcomed, Thanks.

3.8 in the bank to get in aguero after ban.

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,610 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You're sacrificing a fair amount of the rest of your team to have Costa and Vardy in there IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Also Vorm and Holgate not sure of their places either.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Option B:

Sterling > Antonio significantly (playing Bournemouth at home next week) and Bolasie has not done anything yet to suggest he is a reliable points getter. Not sure who is available at 4.8 though. Koscielny might be a bit of a luxury pick if you are looking to get so many big hitters. Downgrade to a Man Utd 5.5 option and it would give you better options in MF such as Fer who has got a couple of goals already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Going to roll the dice on one of Pickford/Jakupovic to keep his place, so have both in my squad the moment.

Also contemplating a back 4, as there's serious value there with Valencia, Shaw, Baines and Stones. Amat on the bench to make up the numbers.

In midfield, looking at Hazard, Sterling and Cazorla, with Lamela rotating in and out, and Capoue a fixture on the bench.

Up front, Ibra, Vardy, and Benteke to trade places with Lamela depending on fixtures...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Decided on not WC'ing this week after a long long week of thinking.

Left with:
    Foster/Jaku (Foster will start for me, not bad fixtures coming up)

Stones/Shaw/Friend/Amat/Olsson (Stones bound to have a CS soon, BPS works in his favour too, Shaw nice attacking feature & getting cleanies, Friend for Boro should do well, Amat is a bench fodder, Olsson I stupidly got in as West Brom coverage who isn't even starting!)

Haz/Sanchez/Firmino/Capoue/Redmond (Haz & Sanchez great attacking options, Firmino I've stuck with as I think he will have a good season, just has hot & cold spells, Redmond I'm worried he'll lose his place soon and Capoue I'm debating whether to start or not!)

Vardy/Costa/Gray (Vardy shows glimpses of what he did last year and may go back on pens, hopefully does well v Liverpool, Costa is a placeholder for Aguero for the timebeing but has nice fixtures and Gray against Hull hoping he'll do well, will look to revamp this trio once Agueros back)

Other thoughts are obviously Ibra, I must be mad for not considering him but feel he costs too much now after the initial price, kicking myself as I had him in all pre season. Redmond could do with replacing if doesn't play well next 2 games. Will keep an eye after this GW and next and then WC to get Aguero back in.

Hoping I've made the correct choice :eek: Any opinions greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

One final decision left for me I think:

Sanchez and 4.5m defender

or

Payet and Baines

Edging towards Payet and Baines but am scared of going forward with no Arsenal midfielder, other players are:

Hazard / Sterling / Mane / Capoue
    Ibra / Defoe / Negrado

Any opinions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think my wildcard is pretty much set. Happy to play Heaton every week for the time being. Stones could be Williams PVA or Kone but City will surely tighten up soon. Can't see much alternative to Benteke either and think Puncheon is under the radar. Sterlings form is too good to overlook also.

Heaton, Jaku
    Valencia, Stones, McCauley, Collins, Amat
    Sanchez, Hazard, Sterling, Puncheon, Capoue
    Costa, Benteke, Ibrahimovic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads,
    I must admit I am a little unsure whether to WC or not. Life has been crazy in last 2 weeks and only really getting back into FPL this evening.

Foster - Jacu
    Valencia - Stones - Amat - Friend - Kone
    Hazard - Mahrez - Capoue - Lamela - Redmond
    Aguero -Zlatan - Gray

Worth wildcarding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Pretty happy with how similar my team is to a lot of wildcard teams. Not sure I'd have changed much if I had wildcarded

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads,
    I must admit I am a little unsure whether to WC or not. Life has been crazy in last 2 weeks and only really getting back into FPL this evening.

Foster - Jacu
    Aguero -Zlatan - Gray

Worth wildcarding?

Nice team. Only thing, and the reason I wildcarded is Sterling and Sanchez showing form and Aguero/Gray bans. You could only have one striker gameweek 5 and if possible (if you choose to sell) you would like to have a 2nd ft to bring Aguero back in.

Lads,

Foster - Jacu
    Aguero -Zlatan - Gray

Worth wildcarding?

I'd -4 out aguero which involves getting an arsenal mid. I'd save your wildcard to get aguero back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lads,

Foster - Jacu
    Aguero -Zlatan - Gray

Worth wildcarding?

I'm planning to WC GW6 and I think your team is pretty well set for that too. That way you get Mahrez and Redmond nice GW5 fixtures and there's a pretty big fixture shift then (as well as GW8). Also Friday night football so there are two chances to profit from Friday night transfer rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm planning to WC GW6 and I think your team is pretty well set for that too. That way you get Mahrez and Redmond nice GW5 fixtures and there's a pretty big fixture shift then (as well as GW8). Also Friday night football so there are two chances to profit from Friday night transfer rush.
    I'm a GW6 WC'er too I reckon.

AdpRo wrote: »
    One final decision left for me I think:

Sanchez and 4.5m defender

or

Payet and Baines

Edging towards Payet and Baines but am scared of going forward with no Arsenal midfielder, other players are:

Hazard / Sterling / Mane / Capoue
    Ibra / Defoe / Negrado

Any opinions welcome!

I'd go Sanchez and 4.5m. Wouldn't even be a close call for me. I'd probably stick Kone in as the 4.5 if I had to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Lads,

Foster - Jacu
    Aguero -Zlatan - Gray

Worth wildcarding?

In the same boat as you and haven't Wildcarded. My teams a few posts up, v similar to yours and I was asking what I should do too. I ended up taking out Aguero > Costa, Mahrez > Sanchez. Then will WC when Aguero is back fit.

Moving to an expensive defence and a 4 3 3:eek:
    Cech jaku
    valencia stones williams collins evans
    sanchez hazard antonio rodwell capoue
    gray ibra lukaku

I plan to play 4 3 3 for the next 4 weeks. Ill have good fixtures for atleast 4 of my defenders every week. Ive left 1.6 in the bench which can be used to upgrade antonio or gray or alternatively can fund a shift back to 343. I plan on getting aguero for Ibra .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I plan on getting aguero for Ibra .

You aren't worried about ManU home to Stoke GW7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Final WC team.... I hope :pac:
    Cech

Baines - Valencia - Collins

Sanchez - Lamela - Hazard - Redmond

Ibra - Lukaku - Defoe

Subs: Jaku, Capoue, Amat, Koné

Cech will play every week so Jaku even if he loses his place will not be an issue unless Cech ends up injured but will have 5.5 to bring someone else in then.

Collins can and will be transferred out if he loses his place but i think with West Hams nice run of fixtures he is definitely worth a punt over the next while.

Midfield doesn't really need explaining in my opinion.

Defoe looks good so far this season and can always be relied upon to score goals, plus he is basically Sunderland's only decent option up front so you would imagine he will be involved in most of their action.

Lukaku is a worry, he can definitely be hit and miss and usually more on the miss side but he can certainly score big on his day and Everton have some nice fixtures coming up.

Advertisement