Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Would be great for me as it seems in my money league people have Payet/Carroll left to play while I have Negredo

One imagines there will be quite a few Capoue auto subs though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

One imagines there will be quite a few Capoue auto subs though...

Just had a look. Potential damage as someone's Auto Sub is Simpson with 6 a side from that nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Carroll confirmed out for 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

patmac wrote: »
    Carroll confirmed out for 4-6 weeks.
    Confirmed where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Confirmed where?

Everywhere really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

callaway92 wrote: »
    Everywhere really.

Not seen anything official yet. Rumour. Strong credible looking rumour though. Dinnery calling it based on the "insider" quoted earlier.

"[@ExWHUemployee] confirms the injury to Carroll which is good enough for me."

Same insider also said Payet out btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Same insider also said Payet out btw.

That was mooted midweek too
    Said he got injured last weekend and wouldn't make Europa squad or this weekend

Victor valdes injury is a hamstring one according to karanka
    Not looking forward to playing friend with Guzan behind him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Gray charged with misconduct by the FA ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jive wrote: »
    Gray charged with misconduct by the FA ¬_¬

Precedent is a one match ban if found guilty: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11710/10309423/coventrys-chris-stokes-banned-and-fined-by-fa-for-homophobic-tweet

Glad I didn't make my transfers early now although negredo had been a possibility anyway and has risen .1
    Benteke watch begins in earnest so

Mannone having scan on arm injury amid fears he may have suffered a fracture
    We could now have a double up of 2 starting keeps at 4 ml each !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

As much as I disagree with Gray's tweets, this happened four years ago so I'm mildly surprised. Transferred him out as part of the Get Zlatan campaign anyway.

km79 wrote: »
    Glad I didn't make my transfers early now although negredo had been a possibility anyway and has risen .1
    Benteke watch begins in earnest so

Could serve it in EFL Cup if it's actually a ban

Could serve it in EFL Cup if it's actually a ban

He has until the 31st to respond as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Some joke if gray gets suspended for that due to the time lapse. What next suspending somebody for posting something on Facebook when they are 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gray was playing non-league football at the time so I don't understand how the FA can take action on that now.

Also he has done the right thing since it was highlighted saying that he was wrong at the time and asking for forgiveness.

I don't think he will get any ban over this, well I'd be very surprised if he did.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Gray was playing non-league football at the time so I don't understand how the FA can take action on that now.

Also he has done the right thing since it was highlighted saying that he was wrong at the time and asking for forgiveness.

I don't think he will get any ban over this, well I'd be very surprised if he did.

Its very surprising they even felt there were grounds to charge him.

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its very surprising they even felt there were grounds to charge him.

Ridiculous.

Don't agree with that opinion. This probably isn't the venue for such a discussion *cough*twitter*cough*

CSF wrote: »
    Don't agree with that opinion. This probably isn't the venue for such a discussion *cough*twitter*cough*

Obviously the offence is serious but charging for something from 4 years ago is mad and a dangerous precedent to set imo.

Obviously the offence is serious but charging for something from 4 years ago is mad and a dangerous precedent to set imo.

I don't think the time is relevant personally. Getting away with something at the time shouldn't mean a free pass when you're finally caught. And it's a very serious offence. It's legitimate hate speech rather than the typical macho loose use of certain derogatory words towards homosexuals.

I don't think the time is relevant personally. Getting away with something at the time shouldn't mean a free pass when you're finally caught. And it's a very serious offence. It's legitimate hate speech rather than the typical macho loose use of certain derogatory words towards homosexuals.

Yeah fair enough. And if the police were investigating it fair enough. But is it the PLs job to act on something he did when not in the PL or indeed the Football League.

Are they going to trawl all players social media for unsavoury things they posted when they were younger and stupider?

Maybe as he still allowed them to exist on his profile till they were highlighted I suppose it could be considered a current offence.

But we digress....FPL wise I wouldn't object to a wee ban! :)

Yeah fair enough. And if the police were investigating it fair enough. But is it the PLs job to act on something he did when not in the PL or indeed the Football League.

Are they going to trawl all players social media for unsavoury things they posted when they were younger and stupider?

Maybe as he still allowed them to exist on his profile till they were highlighted I suppose it could be considered a current offence.

But we digress....FPL wise I wouldn't object to a wee ban! :)

Yeah I think the fact that he still had them on his profile 4 years later is the clincher, I don't think the 'I'd forgot they were still there' excuse works with something so serious as genuine hate speech.

Pity they couldn't have found these tweets before the Liverpool game :)

It is irrelevant. He said what he said but addressed it with a statement recently. He's allowed to mature and change his viewpoint. Get over yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

It is irrelevant. He said what he said but addressed it with a statement recently. He's allowed to mature and change his viewpoint. Get over yourself.

No need for the 'get over yourself' :-/

He addressed it but he still said what he said. FA will probably send him on some stupid course just to show they are doing something.

jive wrote: »
    No need for the 'get over yourself' :-/

He addressed it but he still said what he said. FA will probably send him on some stupid course just to show they are doing something.

Yeah you're probably right. No offense intended CSF. It just irks me when when things are blown out of proportion.

He addressed it only after it came to light, though, its not as if he apologised out of the blue.
    As has been pointed out, there is a major difference between using the "F" word in a jokey manner and what he's actually said.
    Having said all that, the press release was good and that should be the end of it. Banning him for something he did while outside the league and, therefore, their jurisdiction is ridiculous and is just an attempt to absolve themselves of any blame in the whole matter. When the gay rights activists or any of the various 'offense magnets' kick up a storm, they can say look....we banned him, what more do you want?

The person trawling through his tweets / hoarding them 'til now doesn't come out of it smelling of roses either. Nobody does, really, bar the PR guy who worded Gray's press release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is ridiculous.

He said something when he was younger and probably pretty immature. He wasn't even in the football league. They have no reason to punish him in any way for what he did back then.

If he came out now and defended the tweets and didn't apologise they would have a good reason to ban him but he has apologised and for me that is the end of it.

I think as pointed out earlier the fact that as a current PL player those views were still posted publically under his name until last weekend is a factor.

But I think this is a discussion for another forum really, and one on which there will be varied views, and no need to enforce your view on anyone else. Sorry for being involved in giving it oxygen.

• Advertisement

Yeah no way am I going any further into this here.

Karanka has ruled Fabio out but said needs to hear from doc about Friend.

Karanka on Friend injury: “I am waiting for the doctor to know how George is”. https://t.co/o1RvLvALfI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Origi likely to be out of Spurs game for Liverpool based on Klopp's comments (Emre Can also)

Should mean Firmino starts up front now that Mané is back available. Sturridge also a possiblity but I'd say he'll start from the bench and it'll be Bobby up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bobbin Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

8-10 wrote: »
    Origi likely to be out of Spurs game for Liverpool based on Klopp's comments (Emre Can also)

Should mean Firmino starts up front now that Mané is back available. Sturridge also a possiblity but I'd say he'll start from the bench and it'll be Bobby up front

Sucks from a Liverpool perspective, possibly FPL too, I have Mane in my team but I'd just fancy it more if Can and Origi were available, not really sold on Firmino as a ST, I'd rather see Sturridge up top and told to stay there in the middle rather than drifting to the wings.

Sucks from a Liverpool perspective, possibly FPL too, I have Mane in my team but I'd just fancy it more if Can and Origi were available, not really sold on Firmino as a ST, I'd rather see Sturridge up top and told to stay there in the middle rather than drifting to the wings.

In fairness Liverpool played their best football v Arsenal and scored 4 goals while Origi and Can were both on the bench

8-10 wrote: »

Coutinho will be assessed today. Sturridge has a really good chance of starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

A number of Liverpool journals have Coutinho as a doubt for tomorrow's game (hamstring).

He did very light training yesterday so there is still a chance he will play, but worth monitoring for anyone who has him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any word of George 'football' Friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mannone out for minimum 3 months. Torn ligaments in his elbow - David Moyes presser this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mannone out for minimum 3 months. Torn ligaments in his elbow - David Moyes presser this morning.

Pickovic anyone?
    Frees up 0.5. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

F1ngers wrote: »
    Pickovic anyone?

Moyes said he'll be looking for a keeper. So whether it's ahead of Pickford or to keep the bench warm remains to be seen.

West Ham United ‏@WestHamUtd 6m6 minutes ago
    BILIC: "Mark Noble should be all right. We are training this morning. With Payet and Lanzini we'll also know tomorrow. Maybe one of them."
    West Ham United ‏@WestHamUtd 5m5 minutes ago
    BILIC: "Only if there is no risk will we put them on the pitch. Maybe we will use one of them on Sunday."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Moyes said he'll be looking for a keeper. So whether it's ahead of Pickford or to keep the bench warm remains to be seen.

Maybe he'll try loan poor Harty boy.

AK: "Fabio won't play on Sunday. George [Friend] I don't know. But I always have alternatives because the squad is really good."

none the wiser so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

manual_man wrote: »
    AK: "Fabio won't play on Sunday. George [Friend] I don't know. But I always have alternatives because the squad is really good."

none the wiser so

Hmm might just have to ride it out and get to international break.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Hmm might just have to ride it out and get to international break.

likewise. i may struggle to field 3 at the back this gw, but alot can happen over an int'l break and i want 2 ft for next gw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

manual_man wrote: »
    likewise. i may struggle to field 3 at the back this gw, but alot can happen over an int'l break and i want 2 ft for next gw

Ditto, have Friend on the bench with a nice starting 11 (8 at H, 3 Away)

Will need these 2 FT for after the international break

F1ngers wrote: »
    Pickovic anyone?

Marshall to Hull so no more Jaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any word on Jonny evans

Advertisement