Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pcplod16

Pcplod16 wrote: »
    I cant imagine being injured on duty would affect it sure we all run that risk i think that would be a bit harsh if it was the case? There is probably someone to ask all that stuff at induction?

Yeah, gave them a ring, think someone is going to get back with me with more info.
    How you feeling? Is it just me thats really nervous lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21 takemeaway2

you are not alone! It's all the uncertainty I think... Induction weekend should be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CMS266

Medical cleared last week there. Anyone an idea on how likely it is to get a call this week?

Just need to know now as this waiting is not good for the soul anymore lol

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Same! What AC score are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CMS266

I honestly have no idea it seems like a lifetime ago. I think because it's all been such a rush in the past couple of months it's seeming a bit more real now and now we're in the waiting room with no real time frames it's taking more of a toll lol.

Hoping there will be slots still for August and we will all get the good news this week!

• Advertisement

Yea i know fingers crossed! I'm not sure if the calls are still based on your AC score anymore because we all seemed to have been rushed through to the 'waiting room'.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

This waiting room isn't good for my nerves!
    Every time the phone rings I near break my neck to get to it... I blame stress levels from the mouthful the PPI cold callers got earlier haha

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Those asking about slots for the next intake...it's not yet been fully filled so more calls should technically go out this week and possibly next week also provided you have passed your medical and your smt passed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Hi, just wondering for anyone at gv, what advice they have for the induction weekend? E.g what stuff to bring, or just any other tips and advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crash1984

Hi folks, need a little advice, i have been given my start date and will be handing in my notice shortly. I work for the civil service and work with a few colleagues that aren't too keen on the PSNI. What should I tell them when I say I'm leaving. Its not really possible to say another civil service dept as they might want to keep in touch and we have internal e-mail and phone directories. Any advice would be really appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Too late to say you took a redundancy package? When did you get your start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crash1984

Got the call through last week. Na unfortunately my line manager gets notified by e-mail of all redundancies and I don't even want to tell them where I'm starting. I was going to say the fire service and that I applied over 3 years ago? I know they can take people off lists years after they apply. What do you think of that? Hopefully the recruitment process would be similar enough as I know I'm gonna get asked questions.

Good call on the fire service. If your seen going to or from shifts I would imagine they would be somewhat similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

Careful on the fire service. They haven't hired full time in years which is pretty well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

For those worrying about induction weekend don't. Keep an open mind about the place. First impressions may not do it justice. Wear a suit and tie and make a good first impression. They do stick with you. Bring a notebook and pen, food is provided so a couple of quid for coffee. You will meet some good people both students and staff. You are not committed at that stage so no pressure on you, just enjoy it and use it as a time to ask any questions you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 madigan28

Hi there, new to this forum! Passed medical this month from this campaign, declared medically fit and everything else passed. Now just sitting staring at the mobile phone for the foreseeable or waiting on the post! I'll be honest its killing me! Seems like it has been forever! Anyone else had their medical this month and in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 madigan28

test

In the same boat madigan! :)

Me too.

Hey my boyfriend is a little worried about me joining the police for my safety mostly. Do you think if he came to the induction morning it would make him more nervous or get him more onboard with it all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pcplod16

Hey my boyfriend is a little worried about me joining the police for my safety mostly. Do you think if he came to the induction morning it would make him more nervous or get him more onboard with it all?
    I think if he maybe saw were you were going to be and how the set up worked then maybe it would put his mind at rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

If he is worried about your safety I fail to see how either way would affect him. You wont be in much danger in GV but GV is not out on the ground !!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

If he has any particular concerns feel free to pm me and I'll see if I can help out

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

Anyone get a phone call today?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

Not for me anyhow and I don't see anyone talking about it....

Most recent trainees must have gotten their start date for GV which I assume is a month away so it doesn't leave us "waiters" much time to quit job and get into GV...im thinking another 4 weeks (5 week rule minus 1 week past since last calls) before the next set of calls!

Thanks, think he's just worried about me getting hurt after garnerville on duty, security threat...And is also slightly worried about how shift work will affect our relationship.

If the introductory talk mentions the above it might freak him out more... But then it's also might make him understand why I want to this and feel involved and proud?

Nerves2016 wrote: »
    Not for me anyhow and I don't see anyone talking about it....

Most recent trainees must have gotten their start date for GV which I assume is a month away so it doesn't leave us "waiters" much time to quit job and get into GV...im thinking another 4 weeks (5 week rule minus 1 week past since last calls) before the next set of calls!

Based on a call I got today I still think there may be more calls. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up wrongly but I think they will be filling more slots for next intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cbross1

Anyone any advice on the induction? Just wondering if it's the full weekend or just one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Induction is two days, non residential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

There can be calls up-to 3 days prior to induction.even up-to that late you will still have over 1month for your start date so notice periods won't be an issue.
    The squad is not full yet so there will be more calls.
    Good luck.

Advertisement