Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harps

Options
  • 24-09-2005 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have a set of plans for a full sized harp? I am interested in making a harp for the last four years and would really like to give it a go now! any links to free plans etc. much appreciated...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Maybe you could copy the details from some one who owns a harp,

kadman :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I just had a thought, my son is in a trad group in Maynooth. I,ll get him to check out if any one plays a harp, and maybe get some spec for you.

kadman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Fingalian wrote:

Kadman that would be great! thanks for the links!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kika_j

Stewart McDonald are ususally good for plans ( www.stewmac.com) or try the Guild of American Luthiers (www.luth.org)

There was a brilliant Harp Maker/Luthier who I used to know Called Phillip Murray out in Knocklyon. He moved to France a while back and sadly i've lost contact with him but if you can track him down his techniques are so simple but really amazing and effective.

• Advertisement
Advertisement