Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xlink connection problem

Options
  • 06-08-2005 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

My broadband modem is a ZyXel Prestige 623R-T1 which is connected to my PC through USB. My problem is when I want to FTP stuff to my Xbox through a Local Area Connection (using a crossover cable) I have to disable my internet connection and enable the connection to my Xbox I can't have both open together. Why is this? Is there any way around this? Could I plug the crossover cable into the modem and FTP my Xbox throught he modem.
    This is realy bugging me as I can't use Xlink to play online so any help appreciated.
    If I connected the cable that goes into the back of my PC from the Xbox into the modem would that work? What settings would I have to change?

This is a pic of my connections window

a0wcwz.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

The XBox should be connected by crossover to your PC's network card (not the modem) which is what you were trying. Try disabling the firewall on the realtek network connection (you'll have to do this for KAI on both network connections anyway). Are you setting the correct ip address on the realtek connection?

Advertisement