Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod problems on my PC

Options
  • 23-04-2005 9:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got myself a 30gb ipod Photo and went through the whole rigmarole on my pc, but when I disconnected it and reconnected it the PC it wouldn't recognise it as an ipod, and just a removable drive (itunes wouldnt open automatically and the ipod didn't show up when I did open it up). I formatted the ipod, reinstalled the software and started again but once I disconnected and reconnected it I had the same problems.
    I installed all the software on my laptop and have had no problems at all with that, it's working just like it should. The only real difference between the two machines is that the pc is XP and the laptop is xp pro and that the laptop didn't have itunes on it before I got the ipod. I've completely uninstalled and re-installed itunes and the ipod software twice and it still isn't working.
    It's also been updated to the most recent software too (23/march I think)

Anyone know what's going on here? it's pretty annoying because all my mp3s are on my PC and if I don't solve the problem I'll have to transfer them to my laptop and THEN to my ipod.

thanks for any advice

Comments

Advertisement