Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utility

Options
  • 14-03-2022 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey guys

Just a question for anyone building

We're in the process of a large extention and monderising of a small cottage which has been unoccupied for years.

My question is am I responsible for the electricity in this property or does the builder over see this

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Does the cottage currently have power?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭carbuyer01

Hi Paul

Yes it does

The electrician came in and put a new meter box in before the works started

Prior to that it had power.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

My advise is to supply the builder with power. It will be a small cost as tools use very little power. The highest power usage of the build will be some heaters to dry plaster.

If he has to provide power he could charge you for generators etc. If you fight him and say he should have included it in the bill it could turn ugly, if you need any extras he could get Petty and hammer you.

Advertisement