Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor Heating Problems

Options
  • 28-10-2015 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi
    My underfloor heating is doing my head in.
    Ok i have UFH downstairs divided into 6 zones controlled by 6 programmable stats and thermal actuators and a control panel. When the stat calls for heat for example in the Hall every room will start to heat except the Hall. I'm sure its something to do with the actuator. If i remove the actuator it will heat but i have no way of controlling it. I think i might have the wrong type of actuator. Can anyone explain the difference between the NC and NO actuators and what type should i have in the system.
    Am i right in saying i have a NO actuator but need a NC actuator.
    Any help appreciated Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Maybe someone will move this to the pluming forum
    You'll get a more informed reply there. To me it sounds like the hall stat isn't telling the actuator to open.

Can anyone explain the difference between the NC and NO actuators
    Assuming that NO = Normally open and NC = normally closed when the unit is unpowered.
    If you have an NC unit, water will only flow when the unit is "actuated" as in it opens up the valve to allow the water to flow.

If you're asking about the type of actuator used, you're implying that it was incorrectly installed.
    I have to ask " has it ever worked!"

I do agree with the poster above Plumbing & heating would be a better place for this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 foxy74

The stat is working ok because it tells the control unit to bring on the boiler.

It's had never worked correctly. I used the stat on hall to heat the rest of house and there was enough heat in hall as the manifold is there. I have since installed 2 stoves and don't need every room heated by oil.

I think my question is answered as when hall stat tells actuator to actuate it closes not allowing the water to flow but allowinging the flow through the actuators. From what I can understand and see all actuators are open until stat calls them to sctuate

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mickc10

Apologies for what might be a simple question. I have UFH which runs off a gas boiler. If I only have the boiler on for two hours per day is that the only time I am being charged? Or am I still running up the costs as I leave the UFH dial on high all day? Thanks

Advertisement