Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 14-10-2015 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Apologies, I know there have been similar posts so hope it's ok to put another one. I'm 33, mum to a three month old daughter. Have lost my baby weight so that's not my problem. I've never had a great sense of style. I'm pear shaped and wouldn't be very confident a with my body. About size 10-12 but bottom is heavier than top. I'd usually wear stretchy skinny jeans, flats and some sort of top. Im breastfeeding at minute so need to allow for that. Before I had daughter I would have worn a lot of dresses but feel a lot of them were hide me dresses. Don't really want to rely on them again as I've improved diet and exercise and am in better shape. I'd love to have some nice jeans and top outfits and really want to get new boots, but no idea what kind to get. I'm only 5'4 so with heavier thighs I find it hard to pull off some styles. I have lost weight and now fit into two pairs of bootcut jeans I have had a while. Are bootcut a complete no no these days? If not, what type of boots work? Would any cross over that I could wear them with skinnies either. Sorry for all the questions. I'd also love some nice tops. I use Instagram and Pinterest but never know what to look up on them. Feel so stupid asking all this. I've longish hair that I'm not great at styling and I have lots of freckles that I hate but don't wear makeup as I'm not good at it. I feel I look babyish and boring, my confidence is so low regarding my appearance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm about your size and shape although my thighs are not particularly big, and I've recently bought a great pair of bootcut jeans (verging on flares really) which I wear with boots somewhat like these (a bit higher in the heel, and a bit wider at the top, and mine are a wine/oxblood colour - couldn't find anything similar!) - I wear the boots with skinny jeans or with tights and short skirts/dresses too. I don't know whether the jeans are fashionable or not but I don't really care, they suit me and I like them!
    Re makeup, get it done in a department store a few times and you will pick up some tips, but don't hate your freckles they make you unique :)

Advertisement