Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWVS: return, refund or replace

Options
  • 31-10-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hey fellas, I have a few issues with a computer I purchased from HWVS and would appreciate your feelings/advice on what I should do next.

First the hardware:
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X
    ASRock Z87 Extreme4
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Intel Core i5-4670K
    LiteOn iHAS124-04
    Nanoxia Deep Silence One
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120gb
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, 3GB
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    Golden Green Pro 80plus gold 550W

When the machine first arrived a month ago the UEFI (v. 1.20) bios interface would randomly crash and so I thought it unwise to attempt an OS install. Instead I called HWVS, gave them the skinny, they emailed me a UPS label which I used to return the machine, with receipt and instructions as to what was wrong with the machine.

That was roughly three weeks ago, well today it returned. I've been looking forward to this for a while so I'm kinda concerned that after powering up I can't even get UEFI onscreen. The error LED on the MB* is the same as several I received before I returned the machine the first time.

So, what do you think? return, replace or refund.

*Dr. Debug d7: "The VGA could not be recognized. Please clear CMOS and
    try re-installing the VGA card. If the problem still exists, please try installing the VGA card in other slots or use other VGA cards"
    Dr. Debug A2: "Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install
    IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please
    clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices."

Advertisement