Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

:: Accommodation thread ::

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Do you have an extra room in your house and want to fill it with a fellow IADT student?

Are you attending IADT alone and want to find a place to stay?

Do you need to round up a gang of people to rent as a group?

Have you heard about great accommodation near the campus and wish to share the wealth?

If any of these apply to you, please post here. When posting, fill the 'Title' part of the post with what you're looking for, be it a housemate, tenant or whatever. It'll make it easier for people to find what they want.

And please, no phone numbers or email addresses in the thread, if you see an offer you wish to take up, contact that person by private message here on Boards.ie

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

To get the ball rolling;

Hey folks

My name's Dara, I'm 18 and I'll be starting Film And Television Production this September. Myself and a friend of mine (Marc, also 18), who'll be repeating first year English and Drama in UCD (having to commute from Laois was a deal breaker), are looking for a few people to live with. We're both very laid back, friendly and even quite tidy! Our budget is max 450 per month and we'd be quite happy to live anywhere along for the 46A (or anywhere that has a bus route to both IADT and UCD). We're also happy to live with either guys or girls.

If you have any questions or whatnot just send me a PM on this and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SaberCat

Hey guys!
    My name is Katie. I'm 21 and going into 1st year animation in IADT! I'm an easy going, friendly person. My budget is about €400 and I'm looking for people to team up with or a room if people are looking for a housemate or to band together to rent a place.

PM me if anyone is interested or has info!
    Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shaz63

Hi there, I have a single room available, 5 minute walk from IADT in family home. PM me for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SmARTie93

My name is Isabelle, I am going in to first year film and television production, and i am searching for a place to stay, i am from laois so i don't know the area. I would really like to share a house with some other iadt students, if anyone knows of a place or is looking for an extra person, could you let me know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Hey guys, just a recommendation, if you're stuck because of price, check out the 'sharing' tab at daft.ie, there's plenty of rooms going for <400 and they have that really handy college search engine!

http://www.daft.ie/sharing/

*Most of the folks I've been talking to have just been hitting the 'letting' tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

Hi 2 first years from ucd, studying social science and engineering, 18-19 year old males, from carlow looking for somewhere to share! if anybody as in space within a 20 minute walk from ucd feel free to pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Louise137

Hi! Im a first year physiotherapy student. I would definitely be interested in teaming up with other students in a house share or if anyone has a room available in a house share please message me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MollyAGoGo

anyone still looking for housemates? I'm in 2nd year IADT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AislingMon

Anybody have room for two UCD first years? We're 18 year old girls and will share with girls or guys! Please get in touch if you can help us out, we've had absolutely no luck looking for houses so far!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Elliottbrowne

Hey! I'm a first year photography student, does anyone have a 7 day room available? I had a place sorted but that recently fell through. I'm getting a bit desperate at this point. Thanks! PM me if you have anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Louise137

Hey. If your looking for accommodation for next year you should check out this place. i am going to stay at a student apartment on frederick street north. its about a 20 mins bus to ucd so its not ideal but its only like 5 mins walk to o connell street. there are two apartments with 8-10 people in each. its 550 pm single and 400 pppm in the twin rooms. the heating is included but you have to pay your own electricity. every room has its own meter so you only pay for the amount of electricity you use. this is the link on daft http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1373984# its says its for professionals and mature students but they have changed their mind and they only want students now smile.png ive already put a deposit down so im definitely taking a room. so if your interested you should ring joe @ 0879810183

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CNolan11

Hey guys!
    I'm 19, from Louth and starting Psychology in IADT this year.. On my own and would rather stay with other students instead of a family house! I work in Arnotts so between the college and town on the 46a line would be ideal! About €100 a week would be perfect, so if anyone's looking to fill a room or get a place, send me a message on this or Facebook, Conor Nolan.. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laurabateman1

hey guys, so I'm pretty desperate I start college next week in Dublin and I have no accommodation yet. I've tried a few places but nothing and I'm living in Cork so it makes it harder still. if anyone is looking for a room-mate or any info would be amazing. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭megan2013

Check out Gateway Student Village. Apparently they have some ensuite rooms left

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DuckyBoB

Hi Im still looking too! 19 year old male studying audio/visual tech in Iadt, Dublin. Im tidy and easy to get along with. If you want to team up or have a room for me please message me. Getting desperate now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 katieandclaire

Hi, we are looking for housemates. We are going to view a house near IADT tomorrow (November 27) and would need people as soon as possible. If you are interested please message us (:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Markmurphy47

Hey so my names Mark im 18 from Cavan and ill be going into 1st year Animation in September! Accomodation (the bane of our lifes) is a real issue for me! Im not keen on digs or any of that id rather share with some people! So PM me if youre looking for accomodation too and we'll try sort something out!

Cheers!

Hey so my names Mark im 18 from Cavan and ill be going into 1st year Animation in September! Accomodation (the bane of our lifes) is a real issue for me! Im not keen on digs or any of that id rather share with some people! So PM me if youre looking for accomodation too and we'll try sort something out!

Cheers!

Hey my names Mark and im 18 from Cavan going into 1st year Animation next september. Im looking to get some tips on where the best accomodation is and maybe see if anybody wants to share a place! Reply or PM me if interested!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Grainne Hagney

I've been hesitating on what to do the past week or so, but I'm not 100% for IADT yet! But if so, ill make sure to get in contact and
    sure get to know the crack there! Hope the studying is going well lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ellen_

Hi. I'm pretty much in the same position. Hope to see you guys next year! Good luck in the exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seaaaan

Hey my names Mark and im 18 from Cavan going into 1st year Animation next september. Im looking to get some tips on where the best accomodation is and maybe see if anybody wants to share a place! Reply or PM me if interested!

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat! I'm from Waterford and looking for accommodation for my first year in September (studying visual art practice) although I don't want to go into a family home or pay a fortune for accommodation! I have no idea how to find student accommodation near IADT though! I'm definitely interested in sharing. Pm if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2 patrick moynihan

I'm headed into 1st year animation in September too, I'd like to be able to share a place with people-- pm me if anything comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 2 patrick moynihan

I'm headed into 1st year animation in September too, I'd like to be able to share a place with people-- pm me if anything comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 9 taraforest

Hey guys, I'm Tara, 2nd Year animation student also stuck in the boat of needing to find accommodation for September and trying to get it over and done with earlier this year since I'm away for all of August.

If any of you guys end up having a spare room available, or want to share etc, feel free to send me a pm. I'd really rather not stay in digs again this year and finding a place I can stay over weekends is also super important for me since I'm from Kerry. -_-"

I'll probably go up for a day or two of viewing if I can line up enough places to look at and check up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ellen_

Hi, so I'm going into 1st year animation next September. I've just started looking at accommodation in the area in the hopes to get it out of the way, if there's anyone interested in sharing a place you can just pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 annahonan

Hey have you found anywhere Im also looking for somewhere near dun laoghaire :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement