Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biomedical engineering

Options
  • 06-05-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Which college is the best for biomedical engineering? I want a balance between general college facilities and course quality. I am interested in ul and cit. But the campus in cit is fairly bad. If there are any other good colleges please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emc0892

It's worth a look into Nuig. The new (well, 2 years old now) Engineering building there is the largest in the country, and kitted out with great labs and equipment. Also Galway is a hub for some of the largest biomedical companies.

Only thing to note is that the course is fairly research driven. You'll get a great insight into anatomy, latest technologies, and industry focus, but not very much hands on experience. If that's what you're after you'd probably be better looking elsewhere.

There's also a 5 month company placement at the end of third year which is great to get a feel for industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

ryan.rt94 wrote: »
    Which college is the best for biomedical engineering?
    NUIG is synonymous with biomedical engineering in Ireland, so that should definitely be your starting point. I would also suggest having a look at UCD - good campus (not architecturally speaking) and a good school of engineering. Also the home of Annraoi de Paor, one of the granddaddies of biomed engineering in Ireland:

http://www.ucd.ie/eacollege/eece/staff/emeritusstaff/fullname,136415,en.html

EDIT: Also, don't limit yourself to Ireland - have a look at Imperial in London, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryan.rt94

Thanks for replying. What's everybody's opinion on cit? :)

Advertisement