Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knacker drinking.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bushing or bush lushing when I was a lad (nothing to do with bushes despite the name, wouldn't want to offend anyone)

Who would you be offending, the Bushes aka the George's?!

Tell us your stories in the bushes poster, don't have fear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Omar187

Bushing or bush lushing when I was a lad (nothing to do with bushes despite the name, wouldn't want to offend anyone)

But you might offend them Australian inhabitants.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I don't really remember a lot, but I know great times were had! We did it no matter what the weather - I do remember many a night freezing my arse off in the name of cheap inebriation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bushing in Galway

Bushing means something completely different in Dublin.

What do knackers call the activity that is knacker drinking?

Larianne wrote: »

Drinking?!

Bushing means something different here as well (young wans in short skirts, or something!) but could have been used to describe the act of bush lushing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Knacker sex is better.

..........iv heard

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Knacker sex is better.

..........iv heard

What's that?

Sex in a bush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

on the knack?!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

What's that?

Sex in a bush?

I'm not good at describing things, Id just have to show ya. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Gattin' would be another term used too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

There was nothing quite like meeting anything for 100-200 people in a field all drinking in the dark. Making friends not quite sure what they looked like. The worst was when the guards arrived once and a guy cut his ball sac out on a razor wire fence running from the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I quite enjoy open-air drinking, and I can't wait til I move to Germany in a few months, where it is legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I used love knacker drinking.

There was point when it was all i wanted to do in life, but i slowly realised that i would have to work do this. I tried the whole Monday to Friday work thing but i just couldn't do it. I luckily enough got a part time job in a barber shop sweeping the hair from the floor. The two barbers where very fast and the hair would always be amounting on the ground, i very rarely got a break during the summer months when all the boys wanted their head shaved.

One day i went knacker drinking and woke up hungover - really hungover. I was an hour late for work. I got up and ran down to the barbers shop. It was Saturday morning - the busiest time of the week. I turned the corner and i didn't believe what i could see. There was a young chap sweeping up the hair from the floor. My dream job -gone. All because i went knacker drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

anhedonia wrote: »
    bingo, theres a stench of poverty off this thread.

bigger stench of idiocy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have done it in the past. Now just drink in one of the lads houses, but have gone drinking in fields. It's not really "knacker drinking" once you turn 18, though.

I have a feeling Tom Cruise went on to bigger and better things.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I have a feeling Tom Cruise went on to bigger and better things.

Do you wish to be known as "Captain Slow Ireland" or "Captain Slow In Real Life"?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I never went knacker drinking until after I turned 18, now it'd be my drinking method of choice. Unfortunately we haven't the weather for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Omar187 wrote: »
    Somefolk in here think there sh*t don't stink.

With a healthy diet and regular bowl movements you're ****e shouldn't stink much at all,at least mine doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Amronoc

kneemos wrote: »
    With a healthy diet and regular bowl movements you're ****e shouldn't stink much at all,at least mine doesn't.

Yes I regularly move my bowl from the sink to the press :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

I used to knacker drink back in the day and still do every now and again.. it's usually all good if you have the warm weather for it..if it's cold just wrap up! cheaper than the pub, once ya don't make much noise and clean up after yourself you're usually alright. It can be good craic with a good group of friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Did it back then, still do it now, think it's absolutely ridiculous that it's not allowed.
    As usual, Irish laws are completely blunt instruments which hurt both criminals and decent people alike. F*ck Dublin City Council. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Ah knacker drinkin was great. Nothin better on a summers eve then heading down the beach flagens of cider in one hand stereo in the other.....good times Id love to do it again heres to a warm summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Haven't done it since I was about 15, used to sit in a field every Friday night trying to drink as much Linden Village as I could before going into the teenage disco, like I was having a game of chicken with my stomach :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Straight up to the off licence after school on a Friday, Waiting for someone to go in and get us the naggins and cans.

Bag of cans in hand, radio, down the beach or in a field.Getting a fire going when it got cold.

Mooching all the ladies, A nice bit of topping and Getting the stinky finger.

They were the best times of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Great memories. So drunk on one occasion that I fell over on my side while doing a wee down a lane and fell asleep! Kissing boys, smoking, running from police and all round craic with mates with not a care in the world!

I used to take a little from every bottle of spirits in my parent's house with the Baileys curdling on top. Fisherman's Fcuk it was called round my way! Puking was guaranteed. Twas a right of passage.

The whole thing knocked some sense into me and taught me my limits and by the time I hit 18 and the pubs, I wasn't making a holy show of myself like the less rebellious (:cool:) of my class mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Some great nights out, started as bushin sessions. Getting drink in O'learys offie in Salthill using the worst fake ID ever seen and heading up to the park or down to the beach. Relaxing as the sun set, having the craic with the lads and then headin down Salthill to the Warwick,the Oasis or the Castle.
    Brilliant nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I still do it!.

I often take the dogs up to the fields with a few can's, sure they're gas after a gargle :pac:

But seriously, I love a few cans when I take Richo and Ruby for their walkies in summer.

I hope you all get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Loved it. Great Craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If you go knacker drinkin' do you go home stinking of beer and burnt sticks?

Advertisement