Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Projects

Options
  • 03-08-2012 6:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this post counts as advertising but just to be on the safe side I won't post any links! I was wondering about writing projects that are a bit mad but lots of fun that others have done?

This spring, I worked with a bunch of primary school children (3rd class - 6th class) on their writing and then we produced an anthology of stories. They were involved in every part of the process from writing to editing, design elements, design issues, proofing, getting it print ready and sending it to the printers. They launched their book as young authors during the Abbeyfest festival here in Abbeyleix with readings, signings and an award ceremony. The book is for sale to support next year's project and have just created an pdf version of the book available through the website.

I loved doing the project and how much the kids were into being taken seriously as writers in a setting where their ideas and opinions really mattered. Firstly, I hope that it might inspire others to undertake similar projects and I would love to hear about any community based writing projects that other people are doing?

If there are others out there, it would be nice to have a thread where we could promote those kinds of projects, maybe?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sounds like you should do the writeabook with them

http://www.writeabook.ie/

Advertisement