Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP course and development

Options
  • 28-02-2010 1:38am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good course which would teach PHP to a good standard. I know in general the standard of web design and development courses in Ireland are poor but im wondering if there are any that give a good grounding in PHP development. It can be either at 3rd level or studying part time or a compressed course. Im aware of sites like Lynda.com etc but am more looking at a taught classroom type scenario if such a thing exists. Obviously there are a few places that do beginner courses and cover the basics but im wondering if there is anything more advanced out there?

Thanks.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

I hadn't heard that myself. My understanding was the many courses around the country are run well and to a good standard. Of course, you only get out what you put in and many people think that just turning up will teach them the technology. Where were the substandard courses being held?

I'm not from Dublin myself, so I can't tell you specific courses being held but there should be a good selection to choose from. FAS also offer online courses in various web design/development technologies from Java to ASP.Net.

If you already have a good handle on the basics (HTML, CSS and Javascript) then you could teach yourself by using any of the many resources available on the web. Lynda.com is one option, but there are plenty of free resources too. For all techs, http://www.w3schools.com/ is a very good site to start with. For PHP and MySQL I'd also recommend http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

Hope that helps,
    Regards,
    RD

Advertisement