Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex problems

Options
  • 10-09-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

My problem is that i still very much have strong feelings for my ex. we broke up recently because of an infidelity issue i had along time ago. I have made many steps to apologize, and at one point they even thought about getting back with me.
    They recently came to see me and we had a small get away together, while at 1st they didnt feel comfortable, after a while they settled down and we got close. to be specific we ended up having sex.

But, the problem is there is another person who likes them(named Mr M), and my ex had some small feelings for Mr M, but isnt really attracted to them. my ex tells me they just want to be friends with the 3rd party, but after the sex they pretty much immediately contacted that person to apologize for sleeping with me.

After the mini holiday was over, they went to go see Mr M and stay at their house.
    Now my head is in a wreck over this. I guess the sex was a heat of the moment thing, we both wanted it, and we do very well in the bedroom together. But i cant get my head round My ex's feelings for the other person.
    My ex has told me many times that she just wants friendship with that person, and to be perfectly honest i cant see them happy in a relationship anyway. That person was once a friend of mine who i trusted dearly, but ended up falling for my ex and ditching me. to say the least i consider him as bad as me for that.

My head seems to think that Mr M will try to retaliate and attempt to emotionally take advantage and convince My ex to sleep with them. While i always want my ex to be their own person and never control them, as they are single and allowed to do what they want, the thought of them sleeping together is as gut wrenching as how my ex must have felt when i told her i cheated on them at an early point in our relationship.

What should i do to sort my head out over this matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

blahmyhead wrote: »
    My head seems to think that Mr M will try to retaliate and attempt to emotionally take advantage and convince My ex to sleep with them.

Is he a hypnotist??? She will do what she wants to do and if she is worth havng she will have the courage of her own convicitons and only sleep with him if she wants to....

I think you need to state your case to her and then leave her to decide. She may never forgive you but there is no point trying to manipulate her into getting back with you. My guess is that she was more upset after ye slept together cos it made her think of you cheating on her.

Seeing as you cheated on her is it not better for her if she is with someone who loves her and who wont... The fact that you are so jealous of them sleeping together sounds more like possessiveness and pride than love.

Advertisement