Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

A few years back there were a few topics regarding Mods for this darts section (search the word Moderators in the darts section and you will find them it there was some intresting debates at the time!!), anyhoo at the time I was nominated but could not take up the offer due to work commitments at the time (oh the stress of the big smoke:P).

As I am running the league here it would be of help if I could be a Moderator as I found out in the thread for the league I could only edit the topic so many times (I had to get Kingp35 to edit it for me) and this is somthing I will need to do for the league to keep things tidy also I could be of help to the two mods here already as I check this site every day, that is if nobody has any objections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Feedback or Helpdesk issue I'd say...if not PM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Carrickman wrote: »
    A few years back there were a few topics regarding Mods for this darts section (search the word Moderators in the darts section and you will find them it there was some intresting debates at the time!!), anyhoo at the time I was nominated but could not take up the offer due to work commitments at the time (oh the stress of the big smoke:P).

As I am running the league here it would be of help if I could be a Moderator as I found out in the thread for the league I could only edit the topic so many times (I had to get Kingp35 to edit it for me) and this is somthing I will need to do for the league to keep things tidy also I could be of help to the two mods here already as I check this site every day, that is if nobody has any objections?

Don't think there would be any objections Carrickman unless you go on a mad banning spree!;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

you have my vote mate;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    you have my vote mate;);)

Who me? I don't want to mod D.T!;):P:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's not up to me Carrickman, it's an dmin decision if they feel the need for another mod. We really only have myself as a mod because ruggiebeer is the category mod for sport meaning that he is mod for every forum under the sport section. Doubt he looks into darts too often, i could be wrong though!

I was made mod because there was no active mod of the forum at the time and we needed one to keep an eye on the stickies etc. I was picked because I am a daily user and as you said you didn't have the time.

The best way forward is to ask one of the admins although in my experience if you ask to be a mod that immediately disqualifies you from becoming one.

I don't think they will feel that there is any need for another mod because we have never had any problems and I am pretty much always around. If they do feel the need to add someone else than I would have no problem recommending you.

Anyway a thread here isn;t going to do much good, you will either have to leave a thread in feedback or PM one of the admins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Cheers Kingp35 sure we will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Who's this huggiebear mod that seems to frequent but never post?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Who's this huggiebear mod that seems to frequent but never post?

He is the category mod for sport, meaning he is a moderator in all of the sports forums. Basically the big wig of the the sports category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I dont recognise him

All hail the king

Advertisement