Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wireless - HELP!!

Options
  • 28-04-2008 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

i got eircom wirelsss for my pc today. i have 2 pcs in the room and both connect to it fine.
    i have a laptop i would like to connect up to it and it wont. it says i am "connected with limited access" and there is a problem with the internet.
    there is something about an unidentified network ...do i need to network my laptop to my pc??
    any help much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paulclan

your laptop may need to have its network settings altered to include the long passsword that eircom ADSL modems ship with. Once it knows this it may connect wirelessly.Poke around a bit until asked for a passphrase, and enter the number that the eircom box uses to protect itself?

Hope this is helpful.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moving to wireless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

I have much the same problem, the only way I can get laptop to connect to Nethopia 2247NWG via wireless is by disabling security.
    Can anyone tell me where this passphrase is on the eircom box. ???
    Everone says it is shipped with this but which number is it.???
    Thanks for help.

Advertisement