Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palmarian catholic church

• 01-11-2005 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody here has heard of or has had any experience with the Palmarian Church / Order of the Holy Face? There seems to be very little known of them but they seem to be big trouble.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Just wondering if anybody here has heard of or has had any experience with the Palmarian Church / Order of the Holy Face? There seems to be very little known of them but they seem to be big trouble.

That is not in fact correct, there is quite a lot known about this church. Established by an insurance broker who claimed to have had a visitation from the Virgin Mary who asked him to clean up the Church and who was mystically crowned Pope by Jesus Christ in a vision. I have not heard one this far out in a long time. IMHO they seem to be rather a dodgy crowd. There is a small Irish twist at the end of the following article:

The Palmarian Catholic Church (One Holy Catholic Apostolic and Palmarian Church) is a schismatic sect of the Roman Catholic Church with its own pope opposed to the Bishop of Rome. The Palmarian Church was established in 1975 by Clemente Domínguez, an insurance broker from Seville, Spain, who claimed the Virgin Mary appeared to him at a shrine outside the small village of El Palmar de Troya in Andalucia with instructions to rid the Roman Catholic Church of "heresy and progressivism."
    He set up his own Holy See in Seville in 1978 claiming he had been mystically crowned Pope by Jesus Christ in a vision. He took the name Pope Gregory XVII and named his own cardinals. Uniquely, the Popes of the Palmarian Church do not claim to be the titular Bishop of Rome, rather they claim that Jesus mystically transferred the position of Patriarch of the West and Supreme Pontiff to the Episcopal see of Palmar de Troya. Mainstream Catholics (most sedevacantist and mysticalist claimants) disagree that the Papacy can be transferred from the See of Rome based on personal revelations. Related to that、 Catholic doctrine holds that personal revelations are not universally binding on the whole Church.
    Palmarian Pope Gregory XVII called the body conventionally recognized as the official Catholic Church a false church, saying "John Paul is seated on Rome's seven hills and holds in his hand the golden cup of filth and fornication." He excommunicated Pope John Paul II. He also canonized Francisco Franco and Christopher Columbus as saints.
    Upon Domínguez' death in March 2005, Manuel Alonso Corral succeeded him as the Palmarian Pope Peter II. According to the Prophecy of the Popes (controversially accredited to St. Malachy of Ireland and deemed a forgery by many Catholics), "Petrus Romanus" (Peter the Roman) would be the final Pope.

You can read more at:
    http://www.wandea.org.pl/carmelite-order.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

thanks for that. what i meant by "there seems to be very little known of them" is that people in Ireland seem very unaware of them, even though there are a fair few here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I have alot of experience with this church as an ex-member. I can assure you that they are every bit as troublesome as you have heard, and more so. They are a dangerous group of people, a group you should steer very clear of.I can tell you more if you wish, just let me know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

peanuthead wrote: »
    They are a dangerous group of people, a group you should steer very clear of.
    Can you be a bit more specific?

Yes, I can be more specific:

They are an extremely controlling religion, who recruit members and then force them to leave their families. I know as this is what happened to my family. My mother was forced to walk out on her husband and four children, as this is 'god's will'. This is a short version of my story.

I was born into the Palmarian religion, as were my three siblings. My mother was introduced to the religion when she was a teenager. She met my father, and, like any religion he had to convert to marry her. At the beginning it was ok. The rules of the religion were strict, the girls must wear dresses only, no trousers. Dresses must be at least four finger-widths below the knee. Sleeves must cover the wrists, no short sleeves, tops should have a full neck, your neckline should never be exposed. You must always wear socks, and when older, pop socks, never tights or bare feet. Men were not allowed to wear shorts, or short sleeves, or have an open neck, or wear denim either. This was hard to follow, but you got used to it, and to be honest, i didnt mind, because alot of what young people wear today is a bit immoral!!!! However, as time went on, things got worse. You would accept what you couldnt do, and take comfort in what you could do, like watch the tv, listen to the radio, play with your friends, read books, etc...
    But soon them things were to be forbidden too. Any music which contained electric guitars, or any pop music was forbidden. Only country music was allowed. I remember being subjected to hours and hours of Garth Brooks, Patsy Cline and Glen Campbell. Now Im not saying anything negative about them as artists, but c'mon, for a youngster?? Watch tv? No way!! That was the devils work. I remember my sister and I used to love watching Home and Away. Imagine our upset when this was also taken away from us. As for reading books, well, following the priests direction my mother went through all of our school books, and cut out any references to magic, or sex. Now I understand parents wanting to watch what their children are reading/watching, but this all went way beyond anything!! How many religions do you know of that have classed the reading of Harry Potter as a sin?? So we were still allowed to play with our friends you ask?? Well yes, so long as their parents were married. Since I have left the religion that rule has changed and they are now forbidden to have any friends outside the religion.
    I remember as a child, physically not fitting in because of my long baggy loose clothing(to cover up my body and prevent man from sin) and my long dresses. I know this sounds silly but think back to how important fitting in was when you were a child! I remember when I went to secondary school, I used to stay in my uniform all day monday to friday, because it was the only skirt i could wear which made me feel part of the group.
    As time went by, my father left the religion. Shortly afterwards we (the children) also left. My mother remained a devout palmarian. It hurt her feelings that we left, but she was too convinced that she was doing the right thing to second think things for herself. I moved out when I started going to college, I was disowned by her because one of the lodgers in the house I rented was gay. Eventually the church made the rule that finally destroyed our family - when they told my mother she must leave her family. So on the 22nd of December 2004, my mother walked out on her family, without telling anyone she was leaving. She left a very obsure note that didnt explain anything. The least she could have done in my opinion is explain to him that this was a rule the religion had made. He may have understood, instead of being left to wonder why she left. However we were always sure the Palmarians were somehow behind it. My mother would have been the main earner in our home, so as well as leaving my father emotionally crippled, he was in a serious financial state. It ha s been almost 4 years now, and although she lives about 4 miles from our home, she has never once been in touch with us, nor never will. While I was in college, she would even visit the restaurant I worked in, all I ever got was a vacant stare. Because of the stress of this situation (being the eldest - alot tends to fall on your shoulders) I myself have become severely depressed. I am currently still getting over it, but with the help of my fabulous boyfriend and amazing friends, I am getting there. But my family has fallen apart since then We get on when we have to, but there is no family spirit between us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Eschatologist

Yes, I can be more specific:

They are an extremely controlling religion, who recruit members and then force them to leave their families. I know as this is what happened to my family. My mother was forced to walk out on her husband and four children, as this is 'god's will'. This is a short version of my story.

Wow, that's gotta be tough. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I know a family of Palmarians, and though they seem quite nice and polite the patriarch is indeed very controlling. He even took his 16 year old daughter out of school so she could begin working. I've been told that third level education is frowned upon - this really ticks me off when I think of this guy's daughter and how he's slashed her future prospects by removing her from school. It's not right! I'd hate having to wear those long skirts though, although they do wear tights and push their sleeves up. Woo, women's lib!

he took his daughter out of school? wow thats rough!!

3rd level education wasnt frowned upon when I was a member, my mother was actually very interested in seeing me go to 3rd level education! However, their rules change everyday, and im not surprised at anything i hear about them

Its crazy to think that anyone would consider rolling your sleeves up to be "on the wild side" haaha:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thelittleflower

This is for anyone that use to be Palmarian! I grew up that way and my heart goes out to all of you. God bless.

you grew up as a palmarian?

are you irish?

if so, I think we may know eachother!!

no I am not Irish, but yes I was palmarian for around 13 yrs(some of those just sort of following the rule)

• Advertisement

Have you heard the newest thing(rule)? Well, I'll tell you what I heard from 1 of my sisters, that is that when speaking to someone on the phone palmarians are suppose to ask what the person is wearing on the other end-too make sure they are dressed descent. Also grocerie(and other produsts) if there are sayings or animals pictured on item, they have to take a black marker and block out what is concidered worldy!

If there are animals on pictures of groceries, they have to black them out with a marker????????? oh my god, why??

I did hear about the phone call thing, my mother is very much involved with the church still. I have also been told that all palmarians who are working are required to give 10% of their wage to the church, or to face excommunication. Talk about extortion!!!!

What were your experiences of living under the palmarian church? I see you say you were only half following the rules for a while, I think thats the case with everyone who leaves, its a gradual thing.

Keep in touch
    PeanutHead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Have you heard the newest thing(rule)? Well, I'll tell you what I heard from 1 of my sisters, that is that when speaking to someone on the phone palmarians are suppose to ask what the person is wearing on the other end

I could see that being misunderstood:pac: Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DevilOneill

never saw that before.

If only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xXannaXx

could you tell me more about the religion??my friend was born into this religion and she has left school last year, having no communication with any of her friends...we heard yesterday that she is getting married apparently its arranged?! we are concerned for her as she is only seventeen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 verity2

This religion started with a group of fervent traditionalist Catholics coming together about 30 something years ago. It's main focus was traditional Catholic rites and prayer and penance at the beginning but it has evolved into something quite different now where it is less about tradition and more about complete control of its members through fear of damnation and prophesies of calamities to come.
    In other words it is a cult.
    The members just follow in blind obedience, they no longer have the ability to question what they are being told or think things through.
    Your friend has been told that there will be a nuclear world war in 2009 and she is probably a very frightened young girl who wants to have something of a life before that happens. THere is also a drive on by their leaders to get the young people paired and married. It further binds them to their religion because they risk losing their families if they leave. There is no family planning for them, she will probably be subjected to a life of financial worries and pregnancy.
    Can you give me the initals of this girl, she may be a relative of mine. THanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xXannaXx

thanks, from what I gather this has been arranged and none of us can contact her so we dunno what to think! we are just concerned because none of us really understand the religion. i asked her sister who is still in school how she is but she just says ok, never mentions anything else and then changes the subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 anatalist

If there are animals on pictures of groceries, they have to black them out with a marker????????? oh my god, why??

I did hear about the phone call thing, my mother is very much involved with the church still. I have also been told that all palmarians who are working are required to give 10% of their wage to the church, or to face excommunication. Talk about extortion!!!!

What were your experiences of living under the palmarian church? I see you say you were only half following the rules for a while, I think thats the case with everyone who leaves, its a gradual thing.

Keep in touch
    PeanutHead

You wouldn't believe how gradual. I left 33 years ago and still can't bring myself to renounce them. There was quite an amount of good there.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 XpumPkiNpIeX

My fiancee's father is a member. He has tried to convince my fiancee that he is a member also. Of course I am not and never will be. My fiancee is starting to see the light.

Their so called priest uses brain washing and extortion to keep my father in law devout. It disgusts me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sweatpea

I was reading the posts about the palmarian catholics and was curious about making an effort to be their friends. I have a friend I care about so very much whom I used to spend a whole lot of time with, and I no longer can because my family does not dress properly. I am working on getting in the position to make enough money to purchase the necessary clothing to be dressed properly, but am not sure how I can reach out to my dear dear friend. She is over 40 years old with over 10 children and very dipped into the belief. I have spent years talking with her and watching her conform to their new rules until recently the rules took us apart. I asked her why she never invited me to visit the church or be a part. Unfortunately, she does not want to talk about her beliefs at all. I have searched the internet over the passed few years hunting to learn more about this belief. I care so much about her. Do you have any suggestions for me helping her? I am willing to wear the required stockings and dress code to be able to meet with her. I am just not sure how to confront her on the issues of the church and if this would do any good. On of her sons has given up everything to be a priest in the church and is now gone. I am afraid they are so vested that I can never reach her. Please help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 XpumPkiNpIeX

I know that if you are dressed to Palmarian Code, you can go to their house. But do not expect to be fully welcome. Palmarian's are not allowed to socialize with non Palmarian's.

My fiancee is no longer part of the church. He still talks to his father but has not been back in the house since he left the church.

The Palmarian's are brainwashed. It is very tough to get through to them.

Good Luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

In the early 1980's, one member of my extended family was involved with a similar organization which -- thankfully -- eventually imploded when some of the leading members, each of whom felt that they were individually incapable of error, began to disagree with each other (the suicide of one member of the cult didn't help much either, though as far as I could make out at the time, his death was treated with utter contempt by his former colleagues). After the implosion, I believe most of the members more or less resumed their lives as they had been before they were recruited.

From the descriptions I've read of the Palmarian organization, it seems to be more extreme, and more stable, than the one I was familiar with and I suspect there's even less one can do to deprogram recruits without some seismic event overtaking the recruiting organization.

You could try contacting somewhere like the UK's Cult Information Center which may have something on the Palmarians:

http://www.cultinformation.org.uk/faq.html

And there's a similar-looking organization in Australia here. I don't believe there's one in Ireland, and I'm not aware either of any local support groups for the relatives and friends of people who've been acquired by such totalitarian recruiting organizations.

In all honesty, there's very little one can do other than just hope that your friend comes to their senses -- some people certainly do, though it may take years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 miatoday

hi, i used to be a member of this religion, or as i call it cult, it builts itself on controlling everybody in it including their lives, their future, their relationships, every think they could possibly control they do, an yes they take 10% of everybodys wages, this is probably why they have children leave school with no third level education because they want the money now, and they dont want to wait on these children to finish college or maybe even risk the chance of them straying away to those supposedly sin full people the non-palmarians, something need's to be done about this and sitting around waiting for it to happen will never come about, we need to try and get them in newspapers, tv, radio everything we can, let people know, if we cant get anyone out of it we could at least try getting people to stay away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidtimoney

Ive a family member who is still in the group and would like to get in contact with others in the same situation.

Hi~My entire family used to belong to the Palmarian sect-now only my father is still a member-I'm from the midwest(USA). It's been a very difficult road I've traveled to get where I am! Take care & God Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 siobhan2310

Hi everyone, my names siobhan and i was wondering if you could help me out with some information on the abuses of the palmarites. My great aunt was previously a member, a very devote one, up until about 5 years before she died. There were various cases of the palmarians coming into her home and stealing her things the deemed unfit and scaring her. She asked my aunt to move in to look after her and for a little protection and in exchange her will was changed(previously leaving large amounts of money to the palmarians) to giving her house and some money to my aunt.
    There has been suspicions about the will and the judge will not pass it due to her cause of death(Alzheimer) and a some down right idiotic mistakes of the solicitor, so long story short the judge wants to talk to the palmarians to decide on the will.
    Not only will this leave my aunt homeless and broke it'll also fund the terrible acts of the cult. IT is unfair and quite frankly ridiculous that it got to this stage, so any information would be of a great help. Thanks.

Hi Siobhan,

I understand that your family is embroiled in a legal wrangle about the will, I would have thought that the first will could have been proven to have been completed under undue influence and duress, due to the nature of the Palmarian religion and its complete mind control over its members.

This is something that everyone with family members in that cult should be aware of, there is no doubt that they put emotional coercion on their members to leave everything to the Palmarian leaders, because at the end of the day that's what it's about, getting as much money out of them as possible. It's a little gold mine to the people at the top.

I have another point to make that might help you, off this forum, if you would like to contact me directly at the email address below:

palmarianvictims@gmail.com

Hi Siobhan,

I just remembered something else that might help your case,:)

there is a very good forum on the internet to which people had previously posted a lot of their personal experiences about Palmar and testimonies, the website still exists but the Palmarian Church thread has been archived but is still accessible,
    the website is www.factnet.org if you go to the archives you will find two relevant threads,
    I will post the link below and hopefully it will work for you. You may need to copy and paste it to your browser.

http://www.factnet.org/vbforum/archive/index.php/t-6355.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Wow. The amount of posters who have signed up as a result of this thread hints that this cult has left a lot of people in distress. It's one of the saddest threads that Ive seen in a while.

Hopefully, there is a support group or something but if there isn't, one should be formed, maybe by yourselves. Cults do some pretty terrible things to members and families and it could take years to get over.

I wish ye the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sunbeach

Hi, I am an ex member of this cult and want to put a stop to it, for all you people out there that have lost their family and best friends to this church, i know how it feels as my mother is trapped in there. Well I know i would call it trapped, alot of ppl in that church claim they want to be there but really are afraid to leave or doubt the church. I need to geather more ppl that feel the same as its hard to fight a case lk this by yourself. reply if you are interested. thanks

xXannaXx wrote: »
    could you tell me more about the religion??my friend was born into this religion and she has left school last year, having no communication with any of her friends...we heard yesterday that she is getting married apparently its arranged?! we are concerned for her as she is only seventeen!!
    Hi, I am an ex member of this cult and want to put a stop to it, for all you people out there that have lost their family and best friends to this church, i know how it feels as my mother is trapped in there. I need to geather more ppl that feel the same as its hard to fight a case lk this by yourself. reply if you are interested. thanks

sunbeach wrote: »
    Hi, I am an ex member of this cult and want to put a stop to it, for all you people out there that have lost their family and best friends to this church, i know how it feels as my mother is trapped in there. Well I know i would call it trapped, alot of ppl in that church claim they want to be there but really are afraid to leave or doubt the church. I need to geather more ppl that feel the same as its hard to fight a case lk this by yourself. reply if you are interested. thanks

Hi Sunbeach,

Just about everybody who manages to get out of the cult, one way or another and who leaves family or friends behind feels exactly the same way you do. From the outside, people can clearly see the destructiveness and psychological trauma it creates, but from the inside the victims i.e the members, think they are clinging to a narrow path to heaven as you know.

The difficulty is that they, the leaders of Palmar etc., are not doing anything illegal, however if anyone has any thoughts or knowledge of facts to the contrary, please do not post them in a public forum like this. Such information would be very valuable.

I do know of a person who is looking for concerned ex-members or families of victims to contact him in the hopes of putting heads and thoughts together to see if anything can be done. If you would like to contact me through the email address previously mentioned on this thread then I can pass on his phone number to you.

One thought which might be ok to mention for ex-members, did anyone ever try to look for a refund of donations /contributions? I read somewhere that an American family looked for the return of their mother's money through Spanish courts. Perhaps a class action might be the way to go? But I am not a legal person and have no knowledge of whether that might work or not. :confused:

Ive a family member who is still in the group and would like to get in contact with others in the same situation.
    hi , im in ur situation too and i would love to contact my family member that is still in it but as u know that isnt easy??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidtimoney

Siobhan,

If you`re interested in getting in contact mail me on palmardt@yahoo.ie
    Hi everyone, my names siobhan and i was wondering if you could help me out with some information on the abuses of the palmarites. My great aunt was previously a member, a very devote one, up until about 5 years before she died. There were various cases of the palmarians coming into her home and stealing her things the deemed unfit and scaring her. She asked my aunt to move in to look after her and for a little protection and in exchange her will was changed(previously leaving large amounts of money to the palmarians) to giving her house and some money to my aunt.
    There has been suspicions about the will and the judge will not pass it due to her cause of death(Alzheimer) and a some down right idiotic mistakes of the solicitor, so long story short the judge wants to talk to the palmarians to decide on the will.
    Not only will this leave my aunt homeless and broke it'll also fund the terrible acts of the cult. IT is unfair and quite frankly ridiculous that it got to this stage, so any information would be of a great help. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Just in case anybody did not see the preview on Wednesday last, TV3's midweek programme makers are showing a documentary on Monday next the 26th of September called 'Secret Cults in Ireland'. They will be discussing the Palmarians, Christina Gallagher of the House of Prayer in Achill, and Scientology.
    Monday night 26th September 2011 at 9pm on TV3

Here is a link to the preview discussion on the Midweek programme, you might need to copy and paste it to your browser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T57lXZvLFhs&feature=player_embedded

The discussion on the Palmarians start at about 5.06 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

verity2 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just in case anybody did not see the preview on Wednesday last, TV3's midweek programme makers are showing a documentary on Monday next the 26th of September called 'Secret Cults in Ireland'. They will be discussing the Palmarians, Christina Gallagher of the House of Prayer in Achill, and Scientology.
    Monday night 26th September 2011 at 9pm on TV3

Hopefully they will do the topic justice

homer911 wrote: »
    Hopefully they will do the topic justice

I understand that hope, but the reality of doing justice to the Palmarian issue alone would require a series of programmes showing at least the following:

an indept biography and analysis of the main players in PDT,
    a history of the Vatican 2 changes in the Roman Church,
    an account of the origins of the story of PDT apparitions,
    a synopsis of the 'messages ' and 'prophesies',
    a timeline of the gradual changes to the 'Catholic tradition' originally claimed by PDT,
    an analysis of the brainwashing tactics used by them and other cults,
    and finally some brave ex-Palmarians who would be prepared to testify about how the cult has effected their lives and that of their families.

Unfortunately, it would be an expensive production and the reality is there are not enough people involved in PDT today to generate sufficient public interest to justify the resources required.

However it is a good thing (I think) to remove some of the secrecy which they like to hide behind. If they will not come out from the shadows perhaps it's time to shine a light on them. Of course I am refering to the 'top brass' in PDT, the fearful members are largely beyond rational thought, otherwise they would have left long ago and or at least more recently when the last of the original trio went to meet his maker in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

Here is a link to the preview discussion on the Midweek programme, you might need to copy and paste it to your browser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T57lXZvLFhs&feature=player_embedded

The discussion on the Palmarians start at about 5.06 minutes.
    Embedded:

• Advertisement

I understand that hope, but the reality of doing justice to the Palmarian issue alone would require a series of programmes showing at least the following:

an indept biography and analysis of the main players in PDT,
    a history of the Vatican 2 changes in the Roman Church,
    an account of the origins of the story of PDT apparitions,
    a synopsis of the 'messages ' and 'prophesies',
    a timeline of the gradual changes to the 'Catholic tradition' originally claimed by PDT,
    an analysis of the brainwashing tactics used by them and other cults,
    and finally some brave ex-Palmarians who would be prepared to testify about how the cult has effected their lives and that of their families.

Unfortunately, it would be an expensive production and the reality is there are not enough people involved in PDT today to generate sufficient public interest to justify the resources required.

However it is a good thing (I think) to remove some of the secrecy which they like to hide behind. If they will not come out from the shadows perhaps it's time to shine a light on them. Of course I am refering to the 'top brass' in PDT, the fearful members are largely beyond rational thought, otherwise they would have left long ago and or at least more recently when the last of the original trio went to meet his maker in July.

Well said verity. I think that in order to do the topic justice, they would probably need another year of research and another 4 or 5 hours of air time.

However, the reporter involved seems to have done her homework and seems quite well informed on the church considering how little information is out there and how few palmarians are willing to come forward and speak out.

I'm interested and am anticipating tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 elainecrowlee

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're all keeping well.

I just wanted to remind you all about TV3's documentary tonight at 9pm. Exposed: Ireland's Secret Cults will look at the Palmarians, Christina Gallagher's House of Prayer and Scientology.

We will be speaking to an ex member of the Palmarians and our reporter, Ciara Doherty travels to Spain to visit the Palmarian basilica in Palmar de Troya.

Hope you can all tune in!

Many thanks,
    Elaine.

Bit of an advertising tip I found worked really well on Saturday. Simply put the following on a sign:
    "Don't watch TV3 on Monday @ 9pm".

The amount of people who stopped to ask me about it was something else. Reverse psychology works and it helps people.

themadhair wrote: »
    Bit of an advertising tip I found worked really well on Saturday. Simply put the following on a sign:
    "Don't watch TV3 on Monday @ 9pm".

The amount of people who stopped to ask me about it was something else. Reverse psychology works and it helps people.

You actually did this? Lol thats good. Wonder what the ratings will be like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Where are you from originally, Peanuthead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

I thought the programme was very thin on details about all but Christina Gallagher. They really seemed to be going for her, probably because she is our own indigenous cult. Pretty flabbergasted at her wealth and the explanation that 'The Lord told her to buy herself a nice big house to hideaway'. I mean seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

JimiTime wrote: »
    I thought the programme was very thin on details about all but Christina Gallagher. They really seemed to be going for her, probably because she is our own indigenous cult. Pretty flabbergasted at her wealth and the explanation that 'The Lord told her to buy herself a nice big house to hideaway'. I mean seriously!

Its ok, "she only lives in two rooms of it"!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Just watching the show now, at the start there was a brief mention that the Palmarian church was located in North county Dublin, do people know where it is ?
    If you don't want to say I would understand, just curious.

Thanks.

No1J wrote: »
    Just watching the show now, at the start there was a brief mention that the Palmarian church was located in North county Dublin, do people know where it is ?

38 Haddon Road, Clontarf

• Advertisement
Advertisement