Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie open mic night?

Options
  • 28-10-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever tried to organise a boards.ie open mic night? I know there was an attempt at a boards.ie band for one of the boards beer nights - but does anyone think it would be a good idea to tie in an open mic night with that?

I think its a great idea, and id have a few songs lined up for it, possibly even have a few mates come along to play some songs. Would anyone else be interested in it? Do you think they should make the next boards beer open mic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

good idea on one condition!!: I bring the mighty "red machine" and pulverise it just for the crowds pleasure and mine of course eheheheh

ciao' amigo....Baggio....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Sounds good, I'd be up for playing some of my acoustic tunes anyway!

Fusion
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shard

yeah cool! My band would love to rock out at an open mic night for boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Bluesriff

Maybe you should contact jazzman he runs on open night every night tues night in bruxells near grafton street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

as long as "open mic" dosnt automatically translate into "acoustic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Shard

no man! METAL and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

no, by open mic i mean play what you want - bring your bass, guitar, voicebox, washboard or tinwhistle... the wider the range of sound/styles the better imo - just no chart pants... unless you can make that crap sound good ;p

Acustic sets would be a must tho, but that doesnt mean acustic songs dont rock now does it? I'd be playing acustic if someone grabbed this bull by the hornes, and the lads in my band would play too, 2 bass's in a band and a guitar, were britty heavy, but that would be our acustic set... Just something to bring the boards musicians together to see what each musician can do, and learn from it..

imo, the hardest part of being a musician is learning from other peoples styles and making it your own, and if i can do that with people i can talk to on; for example boards.ie - that would be excellent

Also another reason to get wasted ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 junior2412

yeh that would be a good idea, id defo be up for playing wit my acoustic, it could also be a scouting session for anyone who posts up here looking for band members?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

not a bad idea - infact thats a great idea, it would definitly let the people on boards.ie see whos as good as they say they are and a feel for what they wanna play or sing.

Another idea - if this were to go ahead would be to make another post for everyone willing to play to sign up and say what music they want to play during the night, then to try link up another person with the same taste to play a song. im sure 2 hours praccy or so during the week with a song they agree on would be enough for a good show on the night..

Naturally it would all be recorded and Im sure someone could donate some webspace to upload the open mic nights recordings for the rest of people on boards.ie to hear.. It could turn out to be a popular night!

Advertisement