Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost hunting

Options
  • 10-10-2005 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey everyone, does anyone know of haunted places around Kildare ( celbridge / leixlip/ maynooth/ clane, naas ) and dublin ( lucan / clondalkin, blanchardstown / clonee areas ) We're going ghost hunting at the weeking and need some good places! any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hellfire club just up from Tallaght?
    We'll doing doing an investigation up there next year ... wheathers getting too crap at the moment.

Where are you guys based?

6th

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's Connolly's Folly/The Obelisk in kilmacreadock (sp?), altough I don't know if that's genuinely suppossed to be haunted or if it was childish rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

stevenmu wrote:
    There's Connolly's Folly/The Obelisk in kilmacreadock (sp?), altough I don't know if that's genuinely suppossed to be haunted or if it was childish rumours.
    Not really. It's one of those generic Devil myths, and most probably a hangover from the Folly's association with Castletown House and the Hellfire Club. It is interesting to note how these myths seem to gravitate invariably towards the Connolly's various edifices - perhaps there's a history there.

Sapien wrote:
    Not really. It's one of those generic Devil myths, and most probably a hangover from the Folly's association with Castletown House and the Hellfire Club. It is interesting to note how these myths seem to gravitate invariably towards the Connolly's various edifices - perhaps there's a history there.
    Probably, altough I've heard rumours of people seeing a female ghost walking around it. Connolly's wife was supposedly buried in one of the pillars, altough I think the body has long since been moved. With the amount of kids hanging around it, telling each other ghost stories, and no doubt adding bits of their own in each time it's hard to know the genuine rumours from the completely ridiculous ones.

It's probably all a bit irrelavent anyway, on reflection I don't think it'd be a very suitable site for an investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I know of a place in one of the above areas, but it's not recommended for beginners...

• Advertisement

Kennett wrote:
    I know of a place in one of the above areas, but it's not recommended for beginners...
    We are all suitably agog with expectation, I think. Do go on...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

> We are all suitably agog with expectation, I think. Do go on...

Good heavens, Sapien -- didn't expect to see you loitering here...

Sapien wrote:
    We are all suitably agog with expectation, I think. Do go on...

Parts of Corcaigh Park are haunted, though it can be spiritually dangerous if you're not very prepared. There are a fair few less than friendly entities that reside there too... I have investigated there twice with a friend of mine, who Dublin6th knows about. There's definately something down there. I have two sets of pictures picking up interesting artefacts on the pictures, and most of the pics have a mist over them.

However, unless you're an experienced paranormal investigator, I'd wait a while before going there, as like I said it's not the safest of places spiritually. I was attacked psychically there, and luckily, while my abilities work at random, I have automatic protection...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sirgamblelot

i hunted a ghost once.his name was archie. i chased him and kicked his ass!!! He wasn't so tough! They're scared of us so good luck finding any

robindch wrote:
    > We are all suitably agog with expectation, I think. Do go on...

Good heavens, Sapien -- didn't expect to see you loitering here...
    I drop by occasionally. I've had some interesting discussions here.
    Kennett wrote:
    Parts of Corcaigh Park are haunted
    And where is that?

• Advertisement

Sapien wrote:
    And where is that?

Around Clondalkin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 trishs

hi guys thanks for the ideas - whats the best way to make contact? we've done all the usual things like camera's etc. got some amazing photo's up in Maynooth college - well recommended

trishs wrote:
    hi guys thanks for the ideas - whats the best way to make contact? we've done all the usual things like camera's etc. got some amazing photo's up in Maynooth college - well recommended
    Was that in the old church attached to the seminary by any chance, I was going to suggest that earlier but I didn't think they'd let people in to investigate it. I've no idea if it's haunted or not but it's the spookiest building I've ever been in, especially the corridor leading into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 trishs

There's a statue of jesus on the cross just outside that and 5 of us stood in front of it and one of the lads took a picture - in the picture the gound around us is all white and just behind all of us is a red mist and you can make out about 4 people standing behind us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DeeLeeDee

Hi all,

Trishs, I went to college in Maynooth for years and I have had more paranormal experiences there than anywhere else.
    My stories are at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055142055&referrerid=&highlight=ghost+stories

That photo sounds pretty cool. Is there any way of sharing it with us? Was this cross around the back of the college near the graveyard? The atmosphere there can be very heavy at times.
    Have you visited the ghost room in Rhetoric House on the old campus? These days it is has been cut out to form an alcove apparently because of a bad haunting, but the story goes that in the 1840's Rhetoric house used to house the preist novices,
    two young men apparently slit their throats and jumped out of
    the window after seeing some demon. So the story goes. To this day there is a red stain on the floor that supposedly cannot be washed off. I have checked the graveyard too, and there were two deaths of young men, one in 1840 and one in 1841 as far as I remember. Maynooth is a great spot for ghost hunting but some of the bulidings are not accesable at night, like Logic and Rhetoric houses, but you can walk around the old campus at night, and Maynooth Castle has a nice wierd vibe to it...I'm overdue a visit!

Happy hunting!

DeeLee :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mahomaho

theres some in crocaigh park cool
    im a beginer was chased more than once from huge red auras.
    are last trip was in sallins were there was over 40 of them, scared so i was but there were more good entities there than bad ones protecting us so we were fine, going back again with a release spell to see if anthing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eskeogh21

My friends and I drove by the obelisk on saturday night about 3 am, I saw a white light flashing so we turned around to go back ad have a look .. We stayed in the car but parked outside it, nothing happened but the a car driving by beeped and scared us all i saw a bright white image of what appeared to be a woman..
    No one else saw it, but i've had such an uneasy feeling since being there .
    I was sober btw

Advertisement