Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home phone provider

Options
  • 23-09-2005 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Not sure where to put this!

I'm with Eircom but keep getting advertisments in the post about other phone company's. Who is the best and cheapest to go with?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

I believe you have to have the line rental with Eircom because they own the network. If you work 9 - 6 or you do not make calls between these times UTV is the best (Only my opinion). UTV provide free national and UK calls between 6p.m and 8a.m. each day and all weekend. (1 hour duration) Check out their web site.
    Free is cheap !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

you don't have to pay line rental to eircom anymore.
    Smart and Esat are two companies who give you free (smart) or cheap (i think it's a tenner with esat) line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Char

Which would be the best for both internet & phone usage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Char

Just looking at Perlico, they seem good enough. Any one with them? ANy catches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

In my opinion Eircom are the best for overall quality and those other operators are quite frankly a waste of time, they promise lower rates etc. But when it come to the bill there will little difference and you will probably end up paying more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

UTV Clicksilver, if you can get broadband :D They knock €irCoN to hell, with their free offpeak phone calls ?..unbeatable.

Check out:-

www.utvinternet.ie/

P. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I'd imagine it depends heavily on your own pattern of telephone usage and your internet requirements.

I have BT phone & broadband for €40/mth and it's unbeatable as I hardly make any phonecalls.

Are all your calls local? Or national? Or to what part of the world? What time of the day/week do you use the phone? As well as the UTV free calls package, there are many providers like Telestunt , you can select for ridiculously cheap international calls too.

So there is no simple answer as to which is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

If you are at home during the day then I recommend Euphony. As a high telephone user especially during the day I think they're the best value.

€10 per month vat inclusive as long as each call stays under 60 mins to landlines anywhere in Ireland, day or night. If you want to talk for longer just hang up before the 60 mins and redial. There are no restrictions to the number of calls you can make. They also have packages to include calls to mobile numbers.

I've tried several of the other companies in the past but didn't notice any difference in my bills.

I pay my line rental and internet fixed price to eircom.

If you make most calls in the evening UTV are good as they include internet. I think it also includes free calls to UK.

I had heard of Euphony for about a year before I joined but I thought there had to be a catch but when family and friends had been using it for a while I saw the benefits.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hobbie

Anybody any experience of magnet TV + BB+Calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

deisemum wrote:
    If you are at home during the day then I recommend Euphony. As a high telephone user especially during the day I think they're the best value.

€10 per month vat inclusive as long as each call stays under 60 mins to landlines anywhere in Ireland, day or night. If you want to talk for longer just hang up before the 60 mins and redial. There are no restrictions to the number of calls you can make. They also have packages to include calls to mobile numbers. :D
    yeah I have to agree with that in relation to the calls. I have the same package but with BTirl. and it is costing €15 per month for the calls but as you probably know they provide the broadband too at an extra cost but if it is bundled with line rental or broadband it gets cheaper.

I think the package at the moment is €56 per month and this includes unlimited local and national landline calls up to 1 hour duration, line rental and 1mb broadband. Not bad at all although I would be less than happy with their customer support.

If it is only telephone calls I do think Euphony is best. You need to look at your recent itemised bills and see what time of day you make most of your calls and where you make them to.

If its calls and broadband I would suggest BT Ireland but you will have to sign over line rental to get the best possible value for money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

check out Eircoms new packages here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

orla wrote:
    check out Eircoms new packages here
    Orla, are you letting a trade secret out here. Eircom taking over Microsoft:D :D

Advertisement