Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know Gholimoli on PPP?

Options
  • 20-09-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Trying to arrange a live game with him sometime... as he seems to be under the impression I am a fish :confused:

True sometimes my play resembles week old haddock. But only ever being polite and nice I like to at least put a face to a name.

Genuine offer to play him / her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

no idea Len
    but i'm finding it pays more and more to click on that 'ignore' option.
    there's a lot of 'unusual' players out there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

pitty their is no 'ignore' option in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

He knocked me out of the 25k on sunday. he was playing very aggresive and we both hit monster flops (trips 9's vs his str8 flush draw which he hit..) He seemed like he knew what he was up to.. He was chatting to some of the players he knew but he said it was his first 25k so maybe he has just moved to tribeca??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I think you're right Des... - Ignore - In fact the only reason I bit at all was because his comments only ever came after he thought I had gone. Then when I asked if he played at the Fitz or Merrion he suddenly went very quiet.

The guy can say what he likes... But The Irish Poker scene is a small one - and so if anyone wants to say stuff – It’s going to get around. And here I am. I told him my name and where he can find me. Which is not meant aggressively at all – as in all likelihood he could be an old man or just a kid… and I’m not like that anyway. But I’m sticking up for fish everywhere - and from what I saw of his play… constantly going all in on draws… He was no great shakes anyway. He made a small raise to my BB with AJ I flat call with K 10 and hit the flop. I bet strongly indicating the king and he goes all in with second pair having hit a jack. He then rivered a third jack. A second time he called me when I had second pair and he had bottom pair… This time he didn’t get lucky. But that was at rebuy stage and rebuys are always loose. We then found each other on an STT where I got out drawn twice and got shortstacked. With A8 suited I made a play from mid-pos to steal the blinds. He went all in… I felt pot committed so called knowing I would be behind. I was happy enough to see he had kings. I hit an 8 on the flop and then an Ace – he rivered a third king. And then made his comments once he thought I had gone. I certainly didn’t play great in either game… But I’m never rude either on line or in person. Life’s too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

probably just a kid.
    u knowwho the real players are Len.
    the internet mouthpieces and tough guys always turn out to be laughable when they (rarely) turn up at a real game.

on the point of choosing to be nice or nasty, apart from the obvious decent thing to, i find it financially beneficial to be nice at the table, when people are enjoying themselves they are easier to read.

but when they are mad or i'm annoyed, the fog descends and the reads become tougher.

the few who like to antagonise are usually sad characters angry with the world and disasterous in their personal and professional worlds.

Len be sure to pick up the new Cardplayer mag theres a good interview with Andy Black. In it he mentions that he prefers to find something decent in people whereas, according to his experience, Stu Ungar liked to find something to hate in his opponents so he could sharpen his killer instinct at the table. if its true its a sad way to play. fortunately i only know a half dozen players out of hundreds on this island who are like that.

and they are pitiful.

well time for dinner and the ept sat. here we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

If its any consolation, here are my notes on Ghomoli

r*****
    F**king i****
    willing to call entire stack off with any draw
    weak lead on turn with made flush

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

12 *s - now thats a bad player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I am on his hit list now, he is fcuking retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Shortstack wrote:

LOL, this thread is turning into something like the thread a few months ago on 'the jumper' in the Fitz.

Sounds like he's found internet poker !

Shortstack wrote:

What did you do on him Mike...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Well ive seen his name in a few MTTs, but seeing as I have a vendetta I'm going to say that he's the annoying fat guy that lives in the Merrion who's a total loudmouth and bugs the hell out of anyone with a brain. Now that he is that guy, but i was just looking for away to flame about that fat depression.

Dub13 wrote:
    What did you do on him Mike...?

I cracked someones KK with 77. He obviously knows nothing about pot odds as I was getting about 6:1 to call. Then I doubled him up with A10 vs AK in a battle of the blinds to which he called me a muppet. The only reason I re-re-raised him is that I have seen some of the awful cards he has re-raised with before - K6, J3 etc. Retards get good hands just like the blind squirrels.

we should invite him to play in a Boards on-line tournament and have some fun with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Dub13 wrote:
    we should invite him to play in a Boards on-line tournament and have some fun with him
    I like your thinking. personally ive never come across him as i dont use PPP

you could have some1 who dont know him get on a game with him see hes from ireland and then say to him something like "Say here about the irish tourney coming up"

have that tourney set up and bam!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

what games is he usually in? I've never came across the name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

he/she is probably reading this thread right now.

Marq wrote:
    he/she is probably reading this thread right now.

I doubt it can read words of more than four letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tyr

were can i find this guy ? what stakes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think it might be HJ's tilt account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Dub13 wrote:

There are boards online tournies...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Not at the moment. Check out the BCOOP thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

ianmc38 wrote:
    Well ive seen his name in a few MTTs, but seeing as I have a vendetta I'm going to say that he's the annoying fat guy that lives in the Merrion who's a total loudmouth and bugs the hell out of anyone with a brain. Now that he is that guy, but i was just looking for away to flame about that fat depression.

Ian this must be Victor that you are referring to?

"oh jaysus roy, i flopped the nuts and got outdrawn"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Don't think this thread needed to be bumped.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gholi IS a fish though :P
    (raising old threads is *bold*... funny but ultimately, bold.)

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement