Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust repair/replacement costs (question)

Options
  • 15-09-2005 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I've been quoted €160 (from Kwik Fit) to replace the back and center box of my exhaust, as both parts have holes. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a particular garage or tell me if that price is average for parts & labour?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Depends on the car to be honest. Prices can differ from car to car greatly. Example is that my friends Corsa cost €140 to replace the entire thing where as my brother was charged €350 for a 5 series...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Absolutely depends on the car, but I know that a guy in blackrock will do performance exhausts quiete competitively across from Sheahans pub and make it as quiete as possible if you want..... Might be worth a look, just please dont have a 1.2 that sounds like its constantly on a 2,500 rpm tickover....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

WAIT!

Same thing happened to me with the midsection pipe, big filthy hole in the side. Quickfit quoted me €140 for it, I had a shop around the scrapyard on the long mile rd and picked up one from a 98 Civic, it cost €40. I went to my garage and they fitted it for €30.

Half the price.

If you want I can check a fitting cost for you as i'll be down there this sunday.

What car are you currently sporting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

No bother, I got it done on Saturday as it was the only opportunity I'd have for the next couple of weeks.. cheers for the info

Advertisement