Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Rankin is being sued.

Options
  • 23-08-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

According to happyhardcore.com, he is being sued, its about time as well.
    he downloads music, adds the same samples in every song he "makes" and re-titles it as "DJ Rankin". As For "I Am A Raver". That Can Easily Be Proved That He Stole That Track. It Was Done By A Guy Named DJ Loopy. Download it Here...

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21JPGQJ0VH5KT1S7KO1XFS9YAW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

anyone who makes happy hardcore at all should be sued...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

scott brown is sueing him for £15,000 i'm not jokin'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I agree with Vinny. Horrible, horrible "music".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

EFC-4eva wrote:
    scott brown is sueing him for £15,000 i'm not jokin'

So you're being total serious about this and you're not takin the p1ss??!?!? :eek:

That's shocking news!! Have you informed Reuters?

B.

I'm serious, all he does is use simple software to remix songs and puts them out through illegal filesharing systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

jaysus we believe you, relax!

an everton supporter who likes Happy Hardcore, jesus you've nothing goin for ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

EFC-4eva wrote:
    I'm serious, all he does is use simple software to remix songs and puts them out through illegal filesharing systems.

Well if that's the case, ring Reuters or even the BBC or Skynews. I'm sure it's a story that they'll have to run with.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

does hardcore sound like this? http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/hobbits
    does the guy make any money out of his reproductions?
    are the original producers suing because they aren't credited or something?
    £15,000 would make you think twice about making your own bootlegs (widely) available over the net, he probably made it very easy for them to track him down tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

ack

VinnyL wrote:

an everton supporter who likes Happy Hardcore, jesus you've nothing goin for ye :D

Throught thick and the thin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

The only time really i heard of Dj Rankin was "his"(maybe he stole that too :D )Braveheart which is a fair enough song.I wouldnt be surprised if he did pass on his "remixes"through file share systems.I did hear of a few mixes of his and sound the exact same as the original artist probaly renamed them to boost his sales etc.Also another "Dj" that i think that follows this routine is Dj pulse.I heard a few of his mixs too and what total sh1t.He adds a little catch phrase and or speeds up the tempo thats about it.I wouldnt be surprised either if hes on the to sue list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

that's classic ! serves the fecker right for distibuting it anyway...

if ur gonna do bootlegs like that, at least just play it out at parties or to your mates....but gettin it around using file-sharing....well sketchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

VinnyL wrote:

HA!! I agree with Barrie, the only half decent song is the Braveheart one hes done. The rest are the same as the original with "DJ Rankin, back in the mix mutha****er" thrown in a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DJ Skitzo

was wondering if any of u heard dj cammy yet, hes a joke aswell he cant even match his acapellas to the beat haha when i do it its a breeze i use tht vdj program aswell and theres no way they even mix 2 records together all they do is put 1 record on and put samples over them whereas i mix 2 records together maybe ad a sample now and again over the mix and do a bit of scratching on it which is solid to do with a mouse but then again i can still do it unlike cammy and rankin. Oh and almost forgot to mention I also use effects like tk filters, beat grids, flangers you name it , if any1 wants to hear my mixes or jus wants to tlk a_white2k4@hotmail.com is my msn addy, i dont reply to e-mails often i only talk on msn messenger but ill show u wot a real vdj sounds like and not jus a gimp who adds high pitched noises tht make the songs remind u of disneyland and there might be another dj skitzo out there not sure yet but if there is i will gladly change my dj name as they beat me to that name first obviously o and whoeva it was who said bout the everton supporter jus gettin sumfin straight im a liverpool supporter and i like happy hardcore but sumtimes ppl get the wrong idea about happy hardcore, before you diss it listen to scott brown, hixxy, sharkey etc and then ull c tht its not all bad but jus for the record me favourite is scouse house

regards

dj skitzo in da mixo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

youre so cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

After 1995 Happy Hardcore got stupidly cheesy and i couldn't bear to listen to it anymore,before that i was into it as there are some quality tunes out there with kick drums/breakbeats and pianos,after the split in late 1993 you either went with Jungle or Happy,i choose Happy Hardcore but as i said it became unbearably cheesy,force and styles along with some others are to blame.........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yep heard of this "Dj cammy" and all that i said applies to him to... He adds some samples to tracks, speeds them up and puts "Dj cammy in the mix mother f*cker". Like please could there be any thought in these songs?They are so off tune and everything doesnt go...

Oh yeah and its very obvious that they are using Vdj too.. I heard one song from him or another fella and the preset samples where included in one of the tracks that were on Vdj and the tendency to use Gigi D'agostinos Bla bla bla comes in to around 50% of these tracks...Of course its tempo is upped and sounds like a chip munk..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Anyone who produces that Funderland music should be sued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

sturgo wrote:
    Anyone who produces that Funderland music should be sued.

I think they should be shoot instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

DJ Skitzo wrote:
    was wondering if any of u heard dj cammy yet, hes a joke aswell he cant even match his acapellas to the beat haha when i do it its a breeze i use tht vdj program aswell and theres no way they even mix 2 records together all they do is put 1 record on and put samples over them whereas i mix 2 records together maybe ad a sample now and again over the mix and do a bit of scratching on it which is solid to do with a mouse but then again i can still do it unlike cammy and rankin. Oh and almost forgot to mention I also use effects like tk filters, beat grids, flangers you name it , if any1 wants to hear my mixes or jus wants to tlk a_white2k4@hotmail.com is my msn addy, i dont reply to e-mails often i only talk on msn messenger but ill show u wot a real vdj sounds like and not jus a gimp who adds high pitched noises tht make the songs remind u of disneyland and there might be another dj skitzo out there not sure yet but if there is i will gladly change my dj name as they beat me to that name first obviously o and whoeva it was who said bout the everton supporter jus gettin sumfin straight im a liverpool supporter and i like happy hardcore but sumtimes ppl get the wrong idea about happy hardcore, before you diss it listen to scott brown, hixxy, sharkey etc and then ull c tht its not all bad but jus for the record me favourite is scouse house

regards

dj skitzo in da mixo

*Loads shotgun*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

DJ Skitzo wrote:

regards

dj skitzo in da mixo

:D !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

DJ Rankin makes me want to shoot myself!

Do the kiddies listen to this everywhere or just where i'm from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

jesus how many dj rankin hate threads are there on the net? its all over & done with he's gone now innit he got sued end of the road for em, And i disagree with ppl saying that all hardcore is bad, the likes of hixxy,styles,breeze & dougal have turned into really ****e cheesey commercial crap alrite, but the likes of Kevin Energy & Sharkey are still producing sum quality stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TBH:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shane_KissFM

I think its only right that the fruit gets sued.....

15,000 STG is nothing compared to the money that he's made from gigs, sales etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

heard this knob in a pool room juke box once. I can safely say this is the most irritating dance track I have ever heard in my life. Think crazy frog, fast tempo bollix and the repitition of "dj rankin in the mix mothafúcker" AHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

VinnyL wrote:
    anyone who makes happy hardcore at all should be sued...

haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

hes just as bad as them irish dance land albums that come out every year. 100% dirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Found some old CD's kicking about there today, the first one I put in was a blank CD, heard the words "DJ Rankin in the mix mother****er" and almost jumped out my window.

Is he still knocking around these days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

I dont belive you! not a chance this is true!! dj rankin sued? your havin a laugh mate, pull the other one will you!

Advertisement