Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeline Hangover Pills..

Options
  • 21-08-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone try these yet?... And more importantly, did it make a difference?

The Irish-made Hangover prevention pills. Take 2 early into your session and wake up hangover free or that's what they say! :D

Got a sample of them from Pigsback.com but haven't tried them out yet.

Website here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Whats wrong with brushing your teeth and drinking pint of water before bed?

Worked for me quite well last 2 nights and every other drinkg fuelled night before.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. the oul' pint of water always helps alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

And toothpaste kills the "i been licking the carpet" taste you get in the morning.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yup the water and paste worked a charm for me

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

sausage sambos and tea always works for me. If no sausages, rashers will do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Larianne wrote:
    sausage sambos and tea always works for me. If no sausages, rashers will do! :D

I dont think coming home at 4 in the morning and cooking up a fry is the right thing to do when your pissed,, lol.. unless you live in a fire station.

Pint of water and 2 Head ache tablets always works for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

NeVeR wrote:
    I dont think coming home at 4 in the morning and cooking up a fry is the right thing to do when your pissed,, lol.. unless you live in a fire station.

Pint of water and 2 Head ache tablets always works for me..

Well I've done it for quite a few years now and the house is still standing!! Might have burned meself a few times though! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They sound like RU 21, the russian hangover pill. I bought some of them. They work, but you have to take one for every drink you have, so you go through them quickly.
    Also I always forget to bring them out with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Fast food from McDonalds, Burger King, Abrakebabra etc. is always the best hangover cure before you even get a hangover and you get to eat yummy fatning food aswell......... actually forget I said Abrakebabra unless you really want a bout of yummy food poisoning.

Loads of water, motilium, diorelite I would recommend instead of this miricle hangover cure sh!te.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

food and water sometimes just doesnt cut it...would those pills do it on the messy messy nights, hitting the wine beer and spirits tonight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Could of done with a tonic like that this morning,woke up on couch at 6am after crawling in door at 4:30am.Woke up in bits and only now getting back on track.

I also had a pint of water while out and before night finished up,still didnt work.Is it me or when you reach the age of 30 that a couple of pints has you in bits.I just cant drink anymore,could drink anything when younger but once 30 came along I'm checking into Sunshine house for the elderly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

basquille wrote:
    Anyone try these yet?... And more importantly, did it make a difference?

The Irish-made Hangover prevention pills. Take 2 early into your session and wake up hangover free or that's what they say! :D

Got a sample of them from Pigsback.com but haven't tried them out yet.

Website here!

They are a load of rubbish. From a medical point of view, they do about the same for you as what a glass of Bi-Carbonate Soda and water would do to cure your hang-over, like alka seltzer in a capsule. My dad sells them in the pharmacy, and I asked him about them, and that's what he told me, going by what the active ingredients are.

in otherwords, waste of time/money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

mad m wrote:
    Could of done with a tonic like that this morning,woke up on couch at 6am after crawling in door at 4:30am.Woke up in bits and only now getting back on track.

I also had a pint of water while out and before night finished up,still didnt work.Is it me or when you reach the age of 30 that a couple of pints has you in bits.I just cant drink anymore,could drink anything when younger but once 30 came along I'm checking into Sunshine house for the elderly. :D

yep, im the same, well renowned early 20's for staying up all night getting totally langered, going to lectures and even exams the next day no problem, now 12 years later it takes me at least a full day to recover from the nauseas, detached feelings so I only rarely bother these days.
    Getting old, it just sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Besprechen wrote:
    I only rarely bother these days.
    Getting old, it just sucks!

Haha,I hear ya.maybe they should have a club where they only let over 40's in,oo wait there is one isnt there "Sachs" :D

Advertisement