Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Score Challenge # 2 - CONSOLES

Options
  • 28-07-2005 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

EMULATOR CHALLENGE
    PS2/X-BOX/CUBE CHALLENGE
    The Game : Soul Caliber 2 (as suggeested by evad_lhorg)
    The Challenge: Highest Survival Score
    Additional Requirements: Standard weapons, Any carachter EXCEPT exclusive console carachters i.e - Link (CUBE), Spawn (X-BOX) and Heihachi (PS2)

Post your Highest Scores here along with the carachter you used.
    Overall winner by next thursday gets exclusive bragging rights and the title "Boards Soul Caliber 2 Champion".

If this weeks challenge goes well we might start a new one same time next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ok just for the sake of it.

using sophitia

6 wins :D rubbish i know but i ha never actually played much of SC2 and never played survival. ill try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Heh Heh, dont worry about it - I suck at this too.

8 wins with Seung Mina

I really need to practice .... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Kilik, 7 wins, 2'12"55.

We should put in the times because it's a tie breaker if two people reach the same number of wins.

I'm pretty surprised i got that far on my first try. Haven't played the game in months and I sucked back then too :) Are we able to keep playing and posting updated personal bests?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Any rules on mode, weapon etc...?

Nightmare - 8

Origional survival mode - origional weapons - just to make sure theres a level playing field. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'll give this a go when i get home , Astaroth > all :D

Will post my highest soon enough ;)

I agree with posting the times caquse it only goes up to 50 fights i do believe.

Yeah ye're spot on about the times, ill have another couple of blasts and add the times this time round.

10 wins in 2'25"52 with Talim

same again only a lower time of 2'13"12 and i had that fight won but i jumped off the edge :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

24 Wins with Maxi 6:21 secs also 17 Wins with Taki 4:34 secs
    These two characters have moves that once mastered either knock the opponent out or out of the ring in under ten seconds once started, they are real easy to do against the slower characters like astaroth or even mitsurigi - and even work against button mashers! Maxi's is a mix of high and low kicks followed by a backflip and and a strong 4 hit nunchaku combo and Taki's is a ridiculous move which propels you into the air with a high-pitched scream and down with spinning daggers takes off 1/3 of health and can be done easily if u bind the back buttons - (all u need to then is press L1 then R1 in sequnce repeatedly).

ah sh!t just when i thuoght i was gonna win it :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Just when i was thinking 12 with Necrid was decent :p [ i have it on extreme difficulty lol ] .

Ah well , i guess it's over now :(

And the winner of the Boards Soul Caliber 2 High Score Challenge is

Hercule
    Game : Soul Caliber 2
    Character : Maxi
    Wins : 24
    Time : 6mins 21sec

Congratulations - you have earned youself the title of the Boards Soul Caliber 2 Champion (might look nice in your sig :) )

If interest keeps up we might have to do this again in a few weeks and see if you can hold on to your title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

YAY! - I didnt think I was gonna come close with those scores - ive heard of a korean guy who has gotten at least twice my score - oh well, he's not here is he? :D

With this title look what secret character you unlock!
    shreckcalibur.jpg

ha brilliant. that should be one of raphaels secret costumes.

well done sap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Got 63 in soul calibur 1 with misturugi.

Think 24 is my best also in sc2 using cervantes, not sure of the time.

A friend of mine got something like 46 on extra survival with nightmare, not sure what weapon.

You should have a competiton where you set the game to easy, 1 round and then see who finishes normal arcade the fastest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

lol extra wepons make it silly....
    tbh, i got 39 kills, Extra survival, no recovery, without much effort... as for standard survival im very tired atm but will post my score some time tomorow in regards to how high i get

I really want to own you in sc2 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Da Bounca wrote:
    I really want to own you in sc2 :)

lol, come to the next gamecon and give it a shot, november is the next one or else the darkside lan on in september.

theres one guy that goes to gamecon thats really f'n good at SC2...
    my mission is to beat him at the next one as he de-throned me as champ :(

but he is really amazing to watch play, especially if hes Ivy

• Advertisement

I'll do my best to be at both of them. I know a few players of repute that i'll try to bring along too.
    The games should be recorded and the most entertaining ones uploaded.

Advertisement