Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipp model track

Options
  • 25-07-2005 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey guys,

i was wondering if any of you would be interested in a model track in Tipperary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Onroad or offroad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 boyracer87

On-road

Cool...
    More details of your plan please. :)

i was talken to a guy from tipp a few months ago who said the man who runs his flyen club was goen to build a track but there wasent enough people interested. im just tryen to get as many people as i can who would use the track. there is obviously no point in building one if it wont be used!!

Definately would be interested as would the other 15 or so members of our club here in Fermoy. :D Keep us posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Cool site, cool cars!!!! :D

vectra wrote:
    Definately would be interested as would the other 15 or so members of our club here in Fermoy. :D Keep us posted
    nice one. could you spread the word to see if there will be many others interested? thanks

Ray

dts wrote:
    Cool site, cool cars!!!! :D

LOL
    Most of them are my own :D

@ Boyracer87
    Come back to me with more data and I will keep in touch
    Reg on my forum if you wish and post there about it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

any ideas on how big the track u are looking to make would be or the types of cars that you would be lookin to run. i run in one in St Annes in Dublin which is for 1/8 and 1/10 scale. good one and we recently added a perment rostrum which helps things on a race day. I am sure some thing between are club aswell could be organised if you have a venue, nice to run somewhere different .

any ideas on how big the track u are looking to make would be or the types of cars that you would be lookin to run. i run in one in St Annes in Dublin which is for 1/8 and 1/10 scale. good one and we recently added a perment rostrum which helps things on a race day. I am sure some thing between are club aswell could be organised if you have a venue, nice to run somewhere different .

Im sure it would be built for 1/8 and 1/10. i dont realy know yet. im realy just a middle man to get people. hopfully when i get people i can be a part of the building of it. if the track is built(and i think with enough intrest it will), it would definatly be associated in some way to st. annes park. it would be a good way to get a load of people together. but at the moment i want to consentrate on generating a bit of intrest.

i called boyztoys in santry to ask about when there track is open but they told me its gone because of lack of intrest. its a real pitty cause there is only really one track now.

thanks
    Ray

• Advertisement

not so sure the santry track closing was anything to do with a lack of interest from the likes of myself and other who raced there ,lets be clear about it once and for all, it was more like the half promises and lack of commitment from the management towards rc racing plus they did dig up the track before even telling anyone it was a sad thing to see that on a sunday morning. many of are racer in annes where members in santry. Another 1/8 scale size track would be great for southern ireland and being in Tip sure it would be bang in the middle ideal for everyone to get to in around 2 hours.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

not so sure the santry track closing was anything to do with a lack of interest from the likes of myself and other who raced there ,....more like the half promises and lack of commitment from the management towards rc racing .....
    Never raced there but that seems a little strong, surely?
    Didn't they put the track up in the first place?
    Seeing they are a business, I would expect that they compared the hassle to the sales, and decided there was no money in it.
    Did ORCA give support and try to get improvements made in Santry, or did ORCA say to racers "come over to St Annes track"....cos that would have been noticed.
    I heard it is now turned into a cafe?

not so sure the santry track closing was anything to do with a lack of interest from the likes of myself and other who raced there ,lets be clear about it once and for all, it was more like the half promises and lack of commitment from the management towards rc racing plus they did dig up the track before even telling anyone it was a sad thing to see that on a sunday morning. many of are racer in annes where members in santry. Another 1/8 scale size track would be great for southern ireland and being in Tip sure it would be bang in the middle ideal for everyone to get to in around 2 hours.
    does that mean that most of st. annes would be interested? cause if they were there would definatly be a track. how many members are their?

your right in a way they moved us out to make way for that market that is there now, nice cash in hand ;) stuck us in the concerte dust bowl at the side completely ****e no grip with the dust ,even tramc with dust would be ok. dont think they ever meant to rebuild the track, from what i was told sales when down 40 -50 % when we left i would say its next to nothing now if the resturant is moving to where the shop is, if they had of wanted us back then the track they proposed could have been done when they retramac there carpark but again we where told there had been a problem and it would be done later, 2-3 years later still waiting. Orca tried to get a deal going to build a track similair to annes so as to have a perment track with shop and toilets nearby but think that fell on deaf ears too.

As far as members coming to your track full time every week i couldnt speak for everyone but i am sure there could be events setup during the year to race in both clubs. as far as numbers go at are track not 100% sure but we average around 20 -25 drivers depending on the day. last national round had a 10 car A main final in both 1/8 and 1/10 ,some hard racing doing on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

...they moved us out to make way for that market .... stuck us in the concerte dust bowl at the side ...... dont think they ever meant to rebuild the track, .... if they had of wanted us back then the track they proposed could have been done when they retramac there carpark ....
    Sounds like there's more money in the carboot sales & paintball, and you sorta got "downsized" :mad:

coolwings wrote:
    Sounds like there's more money in the carboot sales & paintball, and you sorta got "downsized" :mad:

thats what happened alright shame because a lot of us would never have left there if the track was still there.

Advertisement