Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplemental Exams

Options
  • 13-07-2005 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Why are supplemental exams not available to download from the exam website?

Well, at least in my department, Science, Foundation Scholarship and Annual exams are freely available but there seems to be no resource for supplemental.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

If you have an exam papers at home fancy scanning them in, we'll find somewhere to host them. I've one or two i can fish out later and i will link to them.

My point is, some people have the wrong idea that the supplemental will be similar to the annual (they'll be identicle in format) but there wil be no repeat questions. Obviously this only applies to my course, science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I'm happy to give copies of last year's supplemental in my course to anyone who needs it.

As for them not going online - I've a sneaking suspicion that it suits lecturers not to post them up; it means questions can be recycled without having been seen before.

sneaky, lazy, lecturers need a slap imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

sneaky, lazy, lecturers need a slap imo.

It'd take a long while to get around to slapping all the lazy lecturers in Trinity... not that they don't deserve it, mind you...

aodh_rua wrote:
    As for them not going online - I've a sneaking suspicion that it suits lecturers not to post them up; it means questions can be recycled without having been seen before.

It's more then a sneaking suspicion...Questions on repeat papers could have (and have, according to the Exams Office) been re-used from the 2002 repeats for one subject to cover the 2004 repeats for the same subject, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Sure my actual paper was nearly thr exact same as she set 2 years ago she changed names form like Alex to Alec and a couple of small thing but it was more or less the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah repeats i had were nothing radical and mostly question's picked from previous papers..mostly pretty easier... tho i've had one or 2 that were actually harder than the original..

well my experince is the questions were all significantly different and were possibly harder.

Advertisement