Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

STOLEN: Skoda Octavia vRS

Options
  • 09-07-2005 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Some ****** broke into my house overnight and stole my new car :mad: (may they burn in hell etc!).

Just in case if anyone spots her, Black Skoda Octavia vRS 05-KE-7460, please contact me or the gardai.

Thanks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

thats a bitch hope its insured obviosly pros that robbed it, probably on its way to mexico as we speak, to be ringed with a crashed car. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

they feckers learn from this get yourself a safe and put the key in it for the next car you get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Thanks guys,

A GPS tracking device is on the shopping list too !

MODS: Sorry wrong forum - should have been motors, still shell shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Moved.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

GRRRRRR :mad: What a complete p1sser!! Sorry to hear of your loss, no too many vRS around so hopefully the cops can track it.

Can I be stupid and ask an insurance related question? Some insurance companies allow you to claim if you car is stolen without affecting your NCB. But this only applies if the car is locked and immobilsed at the time. Does this still apply if they rob your keys?

• Advertisement

I don't know - but suspect I'm about to find out!

Paddy

Have to ask this, where did you leave the keys? Were they easy to see left on a window sill or table top in the kitchen or something? Most thieves won't risk a break-in unless they can see thier target.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,180 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This car was stolen for a reason - the reason being it was a vRS. The thieves knew they weren't taking a 1.4 Octavia. They don't break into your house and take your keys unless they really want your motor, possibly to sell on. I doubt that these were ordinary scumbags in shiney tracksuits, sounds like professionals to me.

I do hope you get it back and undamaged, will keep an eye out in this neck of the woods. as these are pretty rare alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Termignator

From what part of Kildare was it taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Even if the bástards can't see/find the keys,if they're not the usual scumbags,you'll be woken up with some prick in your room demanding you give them the keys or else. :mad: :mad:

Hopefully you'll get her back.
    I'll keep an eye out too.

• Advertisement

From what part of Kildare was it taken?
    if you look at his thread it says stolen from his house on his profile it says he,s from celbridge co kildare like duh

well if anything its more than someone local who has seen you around town driving it and more than likely followed you home. were you in the house when they broke in?? and how did they enter the house??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Termignator

phelo05 wrote:
    if you look at his thread it says stolen from his house on his profile it says he,s from celbridge co kildare like duh

termignator he say thanks to clever phelo fella

@Paddy, I'm on the roads a lot down that way; I'll keep an eye out.

termignator he say thanks to clever phelo fella

@Paddy, I'm on the roads a lot down that way; I'll keep an eye out.
    no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Sorry to hear this !!

Nice looking car, I saw it yesterday or one like it on the M50 between Leopardstown and the Tallaght exit at about 1630h. Looked the biz twin exhausts on the near side.

Hope you get it back and that the mouthbreathers have something nasty happen to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

I sure you don't want to hear this now,but never leave your keys down stairs how many times do people have to be told !
    For extra security get a dog,doesn't have to be big and vicious just one that barks will do.
    Thieves will always go for the easy option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Anyone wanna buy a 05 Black Skoda Octavia its in perfect nic :D

General, less of this sort of thing unless you want a ban - Mike.

your a ****in wanker. mods do something with this joker. how would u like if it was your car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

yeah, not very funny at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Thanks pretty low.

Sorry to hear about your car. I hope the insurance covers it all :)

• Advertisement

Okay cool it everyone.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NocturnalDonkey

madmorphy wrote:
    I sure you don't want to hear this now,but never leave your keys down stairs how many times do people have to be told !

So you would rather the thieves came upstairs looking for the keys while you and your family sleep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

The car's insured so I wouldn't worry about it. They'll find it in afew days with maybe afew dings and worn tyres etc. its not in mexico or any of that nonsense, sounds like the work of the notorious 'tinted window civic driving scrote gang' who wanted something to race. they wont wreck it but will try to keep it as long as they can by hiding it someplace unassuming for the next nights showdown with other similarly powerful and stolen cars.

Your best bet is 3am camera footage from (any number of) filling stations around the tallaght area, at the speed those lads are driving they'd run 20quids worth out of that tank in as many minutes. I'd say a scoda should take a good bit of abuse though, unless you had it chipped or something.

I agree about the alsatian (but they'd sh|te all over the place?), maybe get a hurley stick for special occasions beside your bedside locker also. I know someone who went through all this, and his biggest problem was knowing that these vermin had been looting around downstairs under his very nose.

This gang used remove the rubber gaskets around a pvc window frame and be in, out and gone in 5-minutes. according to an garda siochana

**** that bad boy. scumbags

Hi Folks,

Thanks for (most!) of the comments. In answer to the questions, the spare key was on the table, but not visible from any window. (Only because I'd picked the spare key up from the garage last evening). The keys to my wife's car where also down stairs in her bag, they tipped out the bag, but only took cash - not the keys to her 04 Mini One, it really looks like they knew what they wanted.

The house is alarmed, and it was on, but the window they attacked didn't have a vibration sensor! (it will come Monday). There is almost no damage to the window, the vases etc from the window sill where lifted out into the garden and undamaged. It all seems very professional.....

Paddy

Total list of items stolen: my car, laptop, cash, 1 bottle water & 1 bottle of wine from the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I'd put any money on it they forgot the corkscrew :D

seriously, sounds like very sophisticated bunch of thieves there - I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were lowered from a helicopter like in tom cruises minority report, only you'd probably have heard that unless a very heavy sleeper.

I wonder about Motion detectors wired up to a light in your bedroom and maybe automatically opening your gun closet or something.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ghostgirl

you poor thing... I semi know how you feel. I got my car stolen too from outside my door in April. The doors were locked and I had to send all sets of keys to the insurance company. All the documents were in the car cos it was going for NCT the day it was stolen! The car was found about 50 miles away burnt out. I hope you were fully comp which I am sure you are with such a nice car! I was insured 3rd party fire and theft and got back a third of what I paid for the car, which I thought was a bit harsh but c'est le vie....
    I hope you get it back. I am in the west but will keep me eyes open...

PaddyFagan wrote:
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for (most!) of the comments. In answer to the questions, the spare key was on the table, but not visible from any window. (Only because I'd picked the spare key up from the garage last evening). The keys to my wife's car where also down stairs in her bag, they tipped out the bag, but only took cash - not the keys to her 04 Mini One, it really looks like they knew what they wanted.

The house is alarmed, and it was on, but the window they attacked didn't have a vibration sensor! (it will come Monday). There is almost no damage to the window, the vases etc from the window sill where lifted out into the garden and undamaged. It all seems very professional.....

Paddy

Total list of items stolen: my car, laptop, cash, 1 bottle water & 1 bottle of wine from the fridge.
    did cops dust the place for prints u never know they could have slipped on someone forgetting gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

Thats unreal, sorry to hear about the loss and hope its recovered. I know it could happen anywhere but its just not the type of thing you imagine to happen in Celbridge as its a fairly quiet area and there's a ton of flashy cars around especially in the likes of templemanor and the fancier estates.

Am from celbridge myself so thats a bit of a shock ....not that my cars anyway very exciting to try and rob but anyhow makes you think gotta be vigilant.

Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

PaddyFagan wrote:

This is going on alot in the Celbridge area. Its been attempted a few times where my parents live. They tried for the next door neighbours BMW but woke them up and set off the house alarm taking out the glass.

My mother seems to have a 6th sense for when somthings going on, she woke up and looked out the window last week and caught a load of lads in the act of doing somthing similar. My dad turned on the house lights and my mother set off a camera flash. The lads flew out of the place in what ever they were driving. She's managed to spoil more crimes like this then I can remember! Very light sleeper... :)

I hope these guys get caught but TBH I wouldn't have much faith in them getting put away for long...

Advertisement