Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot!

Options
  • 11-06-2005 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Anybody go that was one of the best ****in gigs ever. ****, all the clasiics. Shadows Fall should have been 2nd cause Helmet are ****.

**** Donnington

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

sorry mate not my cup of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

It was a good gig alright.Except the sound was a bit ****.
    Helmet were good and so were Shadows Fall

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

tripper wrote:
    2nd cause Helmet are ****.

Hmmm, I can't comment on Helmet as they are now but I'd take Helmet over Slipknot and Shadows Fall anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

I heard lots of people were unhappy with the gig, why so? Was it crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kalikat

We went purely for Helmet who are an absolute legend of a band. That said, they absolutely did not suit the crowd - hardly anyone was even moving during their set; in fact, they were more concerned with seeing Corey on the balcony, which pissed me off no end. I can't imagine why Page thought it was a good idea to tour with Slipknot - surely they could fill a venue themselves?

Sound during Slipknot was utterly atrocious - could hardly hear a thing - so we left after 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I really enjoyed the gig. Helmet we're excellent. I like shadows fall but I couldn't get into them at the gig for some reason. I really enjoyed slipknot too good show. The sound was bad, but my ear plugs seem to filter out the crap so it wasn't too bad for me :) But the venue is terrrible. Its one of the worst places you can hold a gig in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Where were yous standing because were i was the sound was really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I was standing at the barrier just before the pit. My sound wasn't too bad but I had ear plugs on. But the venue is not one but suited to putting on live music in it. Its a like big tin box!!!

My brother only went to see Helmet,I went to see Shadows Fall and Slipknot.
    What was the story with people shouting Joey at the encore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

****in savage gig
    sound was ****e alrite but other than that it was good

didnt see shadows fall saw a bit of helmet they were ok

slipknot ruled

• Advertisement

that show ****n ROCKT!!!!!!
    it was top class!!!.....AND THE PIT ****ING ROCKT!
    GRATE PREFORMANCE BY SLIPKNOT AND SHADOWS FALL...but helmet..not mcuh i can say...!

Didnt look like much was going on in the pit but in front of the mixing desk was savage well worth the injurys i have today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ok fu*king unbelievable gig.The three bands were excellent.slipknot were unbelievable.
    knew it was gonna be good the minute i got my ticket...number 666...
    didn't think we'd get in the pit but we managed it.the sound was bad some places but it was really great in others.
    ''dublin we got LEFT BEHIND''

tripper wrote:
    Didnt look like much was going on in the pit but in front of the mixing desk was savage well worth the injurys i have today
    Yeah i was in front of the mixing desk.It was f**kin' savage.
    A mosh pit at a gig is the best way to relieve stress from the leaving.
    Bring on SLAYER!!!!!!

Yeah fukin slayer m well ready for that now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm how did they put it ''i wanna see the biggest fu*kin' circle pit the world has ever seen'' or something

as far as injuries go,name a part of the body and i got any injury there.it is even quite hard to type.oh and does anyone still have that ringing sound in their head cos i do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How was the staff ? My mate works security at most gigs in Dublin and loves the rumbles of the pit at metal gigs

The security in the mosh pit i was in was pretty lax.Compared to the Ambassador it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I only went to see Helmet, and I was really disappointed. They seemed to be lacking a certain je ne sais quoi, y'know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Saw Helmet play back in the day and they were good. I was talking to a few lads on the nitelink on Friday who said it was a good gig. They were saying they met Slipknot in Phibbers after the gig and most of them were sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 deadtome

Helmet were pretty kool!..The music was realy good but the vocals wernt the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

without sounding like a pimp :) i can get my hands on the RDS posters( the ones on their big signs on the Merrion Road) for that gig if anybody would be interested in them.....each poster is made up a 4x8 foot piece which together makes up each 8x8ft sign.

lol that would be cool for my apartment :)
    the security was non existant for shadows fall and slipknot.for helmet they kept stopping mosh pits and new ones formed several feet away.it was so damn funny when they kept running over and back but they were pretty sound for not throwing me out and not stopping the surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It was a great gig. Like people said, sound was pretty crap.

Helmet were good, but they just didn't suit the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

o my god that gig was unbeleiveable slipknot and shadows fall were kickass and after the show we snuck in the back and we saw slipknot with all there masks off so we got ushered away by security then we saw shadows fall and they let us hang out with them for ages,possible the coolest dudes ever, check out www.patricide666.tk if you wanna check out the picks that proove it.

oh cory your my hero :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Patricide wrote:
    check out www.patricide666.tk if you wanna check out the picks that proove it.

What does your dad think of your band name?

his dads the bassist :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

finally someone who gets the name,my dad dont think much bout the name cuz i killed him,but seriously my dad dont care enough to look it up and if he did he wouldnt give a ****.And im the bassist man you crazy fool

;p
    and how could some1 not get the name
    i would prefer matricide!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement