Psp - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2005, 00:57   #1
uggy

Psp

so im about to take the plunge and order one in. but i heard something about they suffer from dead pixels. anyone know anything about this or even if its true?
Advertisement
26-05-2005, 01:02   #2
Infini

Send a message via MSN to Infini Send a message via Yahoo to Infini
I've heard details that there have been units with them but nothing substantial. Not sure if its only a few units or a lot.
26-05-2005, 01:05   #3
WellyJ

You are taking the risk when you import it that there will be dead pixels on your screen. Partly why im still not sure whether to do this or wait for it to come out here so i can check it bfore i buy it. I would hate to order one of these in to find 3 or 4 dead pixels.
26-05-2005, 09:13   #4
nachos

i've had mine for the best part of a week (got it from videogamesplus.ca, would very highly recommend it), been playing it for a number of hours a day with no dead pixels yet. one of the best buys i've ever made and the fact that it makes your mates sick with envy doesn't hurt either!
26-05-2005, 09:43   #5
Winters

I believe I have one somewhere down the bottom left of the screen. In reality though you will hardly ever notice it. The dead pixel thing is a problem with TFT screens and not the PSP.

I bought my psp in from play-asia.com but have been using lik-sang.com to buy all my games as they offer free postage with any import game . I'd reccomend either of those retailers. Lik-sang have very good prices I find.
Advertisement
26-05-2005, 12:20   #6
chouchou

psp

hey guys,i just happen to have one of the psps for sale,if your interested,at least then i am more than happy to let you play /demo the console before any money changes hands
PSP (PlayStation Portable) (value pack)(Made in Japan,international edition)
- AC Power Adapter (100 - 240V), UK Plug Adaptor
- PSP Headphones With Remote Control
- PSP Soft Case & Hand Strap
- 32M Memory Stick Duo
- PSP Battery Pack
- WIPEOUT GAME
- 350 euro in south dublin.
looks cheaper on net but you have to add on tax,postage and insurance.
according to hmv the are going to be 249 plus 60 for the game on release in september.
plus online you cant play before you the details:
26-05-2005, 12:22   #7
besty

if i order one from lik-sang will everything be in japanese or will it be in english? will the plug etc be a different fitting?
im undecided whether i should get a psp or wait for the ps3? are they really that amazing? seems very pricey when you take games into account too
26-05-2005, 12:33   #8
chouchou

psp

the version i have for sale is the international edition so it depends on what one i guess,theyre 217 from lik sang but with postage insurance and tax your looking closer to 300 and thats without a game. they are really better than i could do justice on the web,you need to see it in action to believe really how good they are
26-05-2005, 12:49   #9
Winters

re: chouchou ... there is a For Sale board if your trying to sell it. And there is no "international edition", only a Japanese (Region 2) and US edition (Region 1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by besty
if i order one from lik-sang will everything be in japanese or will it be in english? will the plug etc be a different fitting?
im undecided whether i should get a psp or wait for the ps3? are they really that amazing? seems very pricey when you take games into account too
When you start it up it will give you the option of English or Japanese. Once its running the latest firmware update includes a large number of additional languages. I imported the Japanese one a few months ago and it runs all through english. The only thing you need to watch out far are getting Japanese games as some of the text on the game may be in Japanese. However since it was released in the US I have been importaing in US games from lik-sang and using those insted. Most games are about 40 to 50 euro on Lik-sang.

Also, the PSP will be able to connect to the PS3 and act as a remote control for it. The two go hand in hand

Last edited by Winters; 26-05-2005 at 12:52.
Advertisement
26-05-2005, 12:50   #10
besty

why are you selling it and how long have you had it?
where are you based?
26-05-2005, 13:07   #11
chouchou

psp

i have one myself already besty,its brand new,only taken out of the box to charge it. also the language is your own choice any one you like!im in south dublin but can be reasonabley flexible
26-05-2005, 13:13   #12
bedlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by besty
If you order from Lik-Sang there is a good chance you will be hit with import duty, UPS wanted euro69.40 from me before they would hand over my PSP, if you do go with Liksang make sure you have change as the UPS drivers arent able ti give any.

All the .jp PSPs have support for english, spanish french and german languages which you set up first time you turn it on.

Lik-Sang say they will supply a converter for the .jp plug you get with the PSP but I never received one. The cabe is just a simple figure of 8 connector which you can pick up in any electrical store.
27-05-2005, 01:37   #13
besty

thanks for the info bedlam. would you recommend getting one from that site or do you think i should wait to pay top dollar when it comes out in september?
27-05-2005, 09:15   #14
bedlam

It's a bit hard to say, I guess it all comes down to how much cash you are willing to spend. You should be able to find it cheaper else where, from other threads alot of people had success with ebay, although when I went looking they were going for similar prices to Lik-Sang. In the end I went with them for simplicities sake.

Lik-Sang also have free shipping on all games (if ordered seperately) which is handy but you have a wait of up to two weeks for them. I've found NCXShop prices to be slightly cheaper than Lik-Sangs pre postage and on a par when it is factored in, with the bonus that you get your games with in 3-4days.

From mails with Lik-Sang, they will not replace units with dead pixels saying you will have to return it to Sony Japan which I think may pose slight problems if doing it from Ireland.
28-05-2005, 22:03   #15
Prisoner6409

Yesasia state that they will deliver the PSP to the UK Vat Free. Now the only way I know of to allow them promise this is if they send them from an address in the UK. If this is the case they would also be Vat free to Ireland. Can anyone confirm this Vat Free claim.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion