Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guys and fake tan

Options
  • 11-05-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

please tell me guys arent wearing fake tan

what are we becoming

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

lateasever wrote:
    please tell me guys arent wearing fake tan

what are we becoming

Yep! I hate to break it to ya but metro-sexuals are now big in Dublin. I'm slowly becoming one.... I used a Sun-Bed at Tan.ie (Chartbusters) cos im going away soon and new to that i found myself putting on a MALE moisturizer after a shave last week. :eek: (It came with the new razor)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

It's a little worrying, but it could be better than having pasty guys, although I don't really think I'd like it on a guy...a sunbed would be ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I was thinking of using it to give me abit of colour for the summer, btw my chest and legs are like a milkbottle; not just in colour, but hard on the outside and full of goodness on the inside ; )

But seriously I was thinking of trying it- prob is I'm afraid I'll end up all streaky. Any tips on applying it??

But you've brought up a good point, how come people get suspicious of guys who look after themselves. BTW looking after yourself involves more than spraying Gilette shaving cream on your face and hacking with a Bic or at best a mach 3. I stick to a pretty tight regime and could take up to a hour to shave if I go the whole hog.
    When a friend heard this, he asked me if I wanted to come out?
    Whats the prob with looking after yourself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

An hour for a shave! You have to be taking the piss. What do you do that takes up to an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Oh.

My.

God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

there isnt a problem with looking after yourself
    surely theres a line though..........
    guys are becoming girls, and the whole world is image obsessed
    including me, i used face cream for the first time the other day........and i liked it!!!!!! my skin was silky smooth all day long. im scared of what im becoming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

yea its happening........I see it EVERYWHERE i go..luckily for me I got a natural permanent one so no need to drop into chartbusters etc everyweek :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

No harm in looking after yourself, at all. Who wants to be a smelly red-face wrinkled old sot? Maybe draw the line at the old fake tan, though.

The concern over whether or not it's effeminate to maintain your skin etc is ridiculous and probably masks a deep-seated homophobia. Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Dublin is becoming the home of metro sexuals.....
    Whats with the lads and pink/yellow t-shirts and the "funky" hairstyles.

Bit sad really...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I am MAN wrote:
    Dublin is becoming the home of metro sexuals.....
    Whats with the lads and pink/yellow t-shirts and the "funky" hairstyles.

Bit sad really...

It's a phase, they'll grow out of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would loose so much respect for any man who I knew worse fake tan..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

fake tan is purely for women, d4 heads and men who are unsure of their sexuality

Guys if you have to, and I mean have to, get the spray-on tan. There's loadsa places you can get it done in town. Sunbeds are very bad for you! (you don't wanna get premature wrinkles on those pretty faces, now do you!) and you've seen girls who have tried to put on fake tan (looks more like some kind of skin disease). I doubt guys would be much better applying it.

The spray-on tan looks much more natural. Not sure about prices though. I prefer the pale look myself!

Dave wrote:
    An hour for a shave! You have to be taking the piss. What do you do that takes up to an hour!

1; Scrub - Removes dead/stale cells and lets you shave closer's to the fresh skin
    2; Face wash - clear the skin in preparetion for the shave
    3; Apply face mask - The Real Shaving company do a pre-shave face mask, which is similiar to a hot towel shave, (not as good as the real thing, but it makes a real difference)
    4; Apply shave cream - Palmolive shave cream applied with a Brush; old school but lifts the hairs for a much better shave
    5; Shave
    6; Repeat shave - This time with a shave cream (clinique Shave cream is great come from a tube instead of an areosol so theres no air and it gets closer to the skin)
    7; Wash face - clear off any excess cream and cleanse the pore's
    8; Face Pack - leave of about 15 minutes for a "deep pore cleanse"
    9; Wash off
    10; Apply mosturiser (how do you spell that word)

Ok, so it might sound extreme, but I've got an amazing number of compliments on my skin, so as they say the proof is in the pudding.

I know I'm setting myself up for abuse here thats how long it takes me. Guys, if you girlfriend went out on a Saturday night having just splashed a bit of water on her face, no cleanser, makeup and anything. what would your reaction be??

gillo wrote:
    1; Scrub - Removes dead/stale cells and lets you shave closer's to the fresh skin
    3; Apply face mask - The Real Shaving company do a pre-shave face mask, which is similiar to a hot towel shave, (not as good as the real thing, but it makes a real difference)
    4; Apply shave cream - Palmolive shave cream applied with a Brush; old school but lifts the hairs for a much better shave
    5; Shave
    6; Repeat shave - This time with a shave cream (clinique Shave cream is great come from a tube instead of an areosol so theres no air and it gets closer to the skin)
    9; Wash off

Ok, so it might sound extreme, but I've got an amazing number of compliments on my skin, so as they say the proof is in the pudding.

I know I'm setting myself up for abuse here thats how long it takes me. Guys, if you girlfriend went out on a Saturday night having just splashed a bit of water on her face, no cleanser, makeup and anything. what would your reaction be??

And I thought I was bad using the odd bit of exfoliating stuff in the shower. That is extremely sad man. Get over yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

gillo, man thats a bit much!!

Jeebus. I thought I was goin over the top getting a good razor and some decent get.
    I get a perfect shave and Im a hairy bugger.

I recently discoverd moisturiser which is a life saver, not for how I look but it stops a rash on my neck Ive had for years.

Razor+Gel+Moistureiser=Good enuff for me.

Yup, too many girly men around these days

My name is Patrick Bateman, I’m twenty-seven years old. I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice-pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water-activated gel cleanser. Then a honey-almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque, which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer. Then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing protecting lotion.

.........and he kills people too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Next you'll be telling me some guys are vergitarian! :p

That does seem awfully over the top gillo, may I enquire as to how long it takes to wipe your ass? :p

lateasever wrote:
    My name is Patrick Bateman, I’m twenty-seven years old.

What's the deal with guys in love with that film!!! My bro has the book, film and soundtrack?? Is there some hidden message in ti that only guys get?? I dunno.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

lateasever wrote:
    My name is Patrick Bateman, I’m twenty-seven years old. I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice-pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water-activated gel cleanser. Then a honey-almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque, which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer. Then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing protecting lotion.

Brilliant just what i was thinking the original metrosexual.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote:
    What's the deal with guys in love with that film!!! My bro has the book, film and soundtrack?? Is there some hidden message in ti that only guys get?? I dunno.. :rolleyes:

Excuse my ignorance but what film?

American Psycho starring Christian Bale, jared Leto and that one with the smiley face and blonde hair that annoys me.. oh yes, reese Witherspoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

@I am MAN: American Psycho (Book By brett Easton Ellis) worth reading
    @Larianne: yea its a legend of a movie that only men can get i love it prefer the book though a lot more detailled
    Pete

peterk19 wrote:
    @I am MAN: American Psycho (Book By brett Easton Ellis) worth reading
    @Larianne: yea its a legend of a movie that only men can get i love it prefer the book though a lot more detailled
    Pete

Yes, apparently the book is much more violent... :rolleyes:

wiping my ass:

1.) Scrub: removes dead sh*t cells and lets you get closer to the fresh skin
    2.) Ass wash - clear the area in preparation for the wipe
    3.) Apply ass mask - The Real Sh*t company do a pre-wipe assmask, which is similiar to a hot ass wipe, (not as good as the real thing, but it makes a real difference)
    4.) Apply ass cream - Palmolive ass cream applied with a Brush; old school but lifts the hairs for a much better wipe
    5.) Wipe
    6.) Repeat wipe- This time with an ass cream (clinique ass cream is great, comes from a tube instead of an aereosol so theres no air and it gets closer to the hole)
    7.) Wash ass - clear off any excess sh*t and cleanse the hole
    8.) Ass Pack - leave on for about 15 minutes for a "deep hole cleanse"
    9.) Wash off
    10.) Apply tissue

Ok, so it might sound extreme, but I've got an amazing number of compliments on my ass, so as they say the proof is in the pudding.

I know I'm setting myself up for abuse here thats how long it takes me. Guys, if you girlfriend went out on a Saturday night having just splashed a bit of water on her ass, no cleanser, makeup and anything. what would your reaction be??

:D
    lateasever wrote:
    wiping my ass:

3.) Apply ass mask - The Real Sh*t company do a pre-wipe assmask, which is similiar to a hot ass wipe, (not as good as the real thing, but it makes a real difference)
    4.) Apply ass cream - Palmolive ass cream applied with a Brush; old school but lifts the hairs for a much better wipe
    5.) Wipe
    6.) Repeat wipe- This time with an ass cream (clinique ass cream is great, comes from a tube instead of an aereosol so theres no air and it gets closer to the hole)
    9.) Wash off
    10.) Apply tissue

Ok, so it might sound extreme, but I've got an amazing number of compliments on my ass, so as they say the proof is in the pudding.

I know I'm setting myself up for abuse here thats how long it takes me. Guys, if you girlfriend went out on a Saturday night having just splashed a bit of water on her ass, no cleanser, makeup and anything. what would your reaction be??

:D

lateasever wrote:

Now I don't know which is scarier, me paying that much attention to my skin or you being able to quote such a crap film.

bighead.jpg

I bet this is what he looks like after the compliments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

lateasever wrote:
    wiping my ass:

5.) Wipe
    9.) Wash off
    10.) Apply tissue

Thats sad. So what if he likes to shave/clean his face properly atleast he'll look well and feel good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

gillo wrote:
    5; Shave
    9; Wash off

And I thought I was bad getting my mother to shave me.

Advertisement