Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fired for theft

Options
  • 09-05-2005 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Hey, just letting you know we have just finished recording our new promo cd and it is available free of charge to anyone who is interested in listening to it.

One of the tracks from the demo is available to download from our website as of the 10th of May, www.firedfortheft.com and anyone who'd like to hear more can simply e mail us your postal address (theband@firedfortheft.com) and we'll send you out a copy post haste. Or if you prefer you can just PM me your details here on boards.

It might be worth mentioning that there are no strings attatched- we won't spam your e mail or postal address with anything like a mailing list. Those who want any info just ask and it's no trouble at all. You also don't need to register on our site to get the demo.

If we are asking anything in return it is that anyone who hears it might give us some feed back on this thread!

To celebrate we're playing our very first headline gig in crawdaddy on the 29th of May. We're hoping to get some really cool support bands and we'll keep the admission down to 5 euro or even less if we can.

Cheers,

CoNoR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

send us on a copy con..pm'd u my address...thanx man ...i'll give u my honest opinion on listenin to it...best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Hey,

'Shine' from the new cd is now available to download from www.firedfortheft.com. The first copies of the full cd's will be in the post over the next few days. Thank you all for your response and keep the e mails and PMs coming!

CoNoR

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

Shine sounds great!
    Can't wait to hear the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Listened to 'Shine' there... Wouldn't really be my cup of tea, but I just wanna wish you guys luck with the Crawdaddy gig anyway.

(Power to the people, and all that jazz :))

-Seán

deathfunk wrote:
    Listened to 'Shine' there... Wouldn't really be my cup of tea, but I just wanna wish you guys luck with the Crawdaddy gig anyway.

(Power to the people, and all that jazz :))

-Seán

Cheers Sean and thanks for giving it a listen! Crawdaddy will be fun indeed- I can't wait!! der ner ner ner der wheeeeeow dum dum der der ner ner nerrrrr! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I'm liking Shine, PM sent. Good luck with your gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

sounds like an interesting vibe man, i'd love a copy, pm sent

Thanks Squirrel and HackSaw

You should have them tomorrow or tuesday

CoNoR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Thanks Conor, the cd came today, I'm very impressed, my brother not so much. Keep up the good work, I may come to see you some day, when I get the time and money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

listened to that cd conor...very good like the tones of the guitar ...the singin is ok think it might be the recording.... sounds a bit like he's in a biscuit tin...but the sons are good and i really like the lyrics..well done ..keep it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Received my disc yesterday , much appreciated , hope you guys consider getting involved with GigSmart at some point in the future , maybe gig with us or whatever. Anyway I like the disc some small niggles with the production but could say the same about anything I listen to....
    Good job keep it up will try make it for the 29th .

All the best
    Trev M

Thanks for the feedback guys. We're happy to get as many free cd's out as we can before the gig on the 29th so keep the pm's and e mails coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i liked it too...not bad at all.

We have just confirmed Boss Volenti to support us on May 29th in Crawdaddy. These guys are excellent and we're chuffed to have them play with us. If you haven't heard them yet just google them and see- Hot Press especially think they're the bee's knees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

hey conor, got the CDs thanks,
    i like the sound, its kinda fresh, a little mainstreamy, but still got a good sound and some pretty nice riffs.
    delighted to hear you have confirmed Leviathan to kick off ur gig at Crawdaddy on th 29th, it should be a great gig.. unfortunately i'm headin to NYC the day b4 it, so i'm p!ssed off i'm missing it.... good luck with it anwyay, hope its a blast!!!

Thanks to everyone so far for their interest and feedback. We are very greatful.

We have taken 'Shine' down from the web site and have replaced it with another of the new recordings called '80 Billion'.

Those of you who haven't got your cd yet you should have it Monday or Tuesday. Keep the PM's and e mails coming, we have plenty of copies to give out and will have loads available at the gig on the 29th.

The line up so far for Crawdaddy on May 29th is:

Fired For Theft
    Boss Volenti
    Leviathan

But we're looking at the possibility of adding a fourth band but still keeping the admission to 5 euro.

CoNoR

*update*
    We have added Pappa Smut's band to the bill for Sunday.
    The line up is now FFT, Boss Volenti, The Burma Shade and Leviathan

Advertisement