Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Kildare Town again this Friday

Options
  • 13-04-2005 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

This month's Kildare Town Poker event is on Friday next (15th), and as Red 1's computer is down I'm happy to post the details below for him.

Remember, that apart from the prize fund on the night, we're running a Grand Final at the end of the season (Sep/Oct, I'm not sure which month) with the first 5 at each of the monthly events qualifying for a seat and chips at the Gran Final. 1st prize at the GF is a trip to Vegas worth €2500.

For a review of one of the events previously by evillive on boards see also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224710&page=2&pp=20&highlight=Kildare+town

1. Who is running the event - Kildare Town Poker Club
    2. The purpose of the event - Club event, in association with Kildare CYMS Hall
    3. Date and Location of event - Kildare CYMS Hall (opposite the Paris Church) 7.30pm Friday 15th April
    4. Registration and Start time of event. - Reg 7.30, start 8pm
    5. Any prerequisites - Register on the night
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number - Max 100, but we have been having numbers between 65-80 each month, so turning up on the night should be fine.
    7. Type of Tournament - No Limit Hold em, buy in €20+5, rebuys €10 (unlimited to the break) top up €10
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc.: see no. 7
    9. Cost of registration €5
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund All, less expenses to the CYMS and a small expense pool involved in organising teas/coffees/setting up the room/room hire etc.
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool - No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels: see above
    13. Starting Chips 1500 ( I think!)
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. (1500 at the start, but rising to min of 5x big blind as required)
    15. Blind levels
    25-50 each level 20 mins
    50-100
    100-200
    150-300
    200-400 (Break and top ups after this level)
    Freezout from the 300-600 level, with levels rising as standard at 20 minute intervals.
    16. Blind timeframes 20 mins
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash Final table of Nine paid, plus first five qualify for seats and chips in the GF
    1st 2500 chips
    2nd 2000 chips
    3rd 1500 chips
    4th 1250 chips
    5th 1000 chips (I Think, Red1 can confirm when he's back online)
    18. Are there going to be dealers - Amateur dealers last three tables
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules - no, tournament quables settled by tournament director Noel Lynch (Noel recently finished 2nd in the €150 rebuy event at the PP event in Citywest - well done Noel!)
    20. Is there a tournament director - Noel Lynch
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say Tournament Director

Red1 will come back if there is anything I have put down incorrectly.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Whats the $5 reg. fee for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 QuentinHapsburg

It covers the expenses on the night, hall hire teas coffees etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

It covers the expenses on the night, hall hire teas coffees etc

9. Cost of registration €5
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund All, less expenses to the CYMS and a small expense pool involved in organising teas/coffees/setting up the room/room hire etc.

I think muso's point may be that you should cover that in the reg fee and not, as in point 10, take it from the prizepool.

Clarity, thats all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

To clarify I have asked this question twice. Not because I don't know what the purpose of a reg. fee is but that the organisers of these tournaments don't appear to.
    I genuinely applaud these events and have no real problem with money being taken from the prize pool to cover expenses etc. (I may even attend this on Friday if I get home for the weekend) but I think it's one or the other guys surely. I mean capping a prize pool AND charging a reg. fee. Either the reg. fee is there to cover all expenses or it's not. If it's not remove it. If for legal reason you have to charge a membership fee then by all means charge a 1 cent membership fee for legal reasons and away we go.

This is one Red1 might clarify, but as far as I'm aware the €5 goes to the organisers and they pay out everything, the €20 and the re-buys/top-ups go toward the prize fund, uncapped. As I said, Red1 will clarify before the end of the week, I'm only the messenger, don't shoot me!

• Advertisement

I'm only the messenger, don't shoot me!

Only if you had an Ace up your sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Red 1.

Thanks to Quinten who stepped in at short notice to post thread...

a good job too...

The €5 reg fee from each player goes towards expences i.e. €300 for hire of hall ..€70 catering ..€25 for cleaner..€40 photocopying, cards, etc.
    At 60 players we take €300 in reg. fees..at 70 players we take €350 in reg. fees....any shortfall has to be made up from the prize pool, thats the way it has to be...its still a good value tournament at about an %80 payout..

Just to clarify a few details..
    Starting chips 1000.
    Rebuy chips 1500 unlimited for 75mins.
    Topup chips 3000
    Level up every 15mins.

Blinds:
    25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300
    Break 15mins.
    200-400
    etc-etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Red 1. wrote:
    Starting chips 1000.
    Rebuy chips 1500 unlimited for 75mins.
    Topup chips 3000
    Level up every 15mins.

Blinds:
    25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300
    Break 15mins.
    200-400
    etc-etc

I smell crapshoot :eek:

Read evillive's review - the structure of the blinds has not changed since the event that he attended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Red 1.

I smell crapshoot :eek:
    Members of the organizing committee will be the first people there at 7-00
    and the last to leave 2-00am...it will take 5 to 6hrs to run off this tournie...
    ...not the Irish Open...but not a crap shoot either... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Good luck to you red 1.
    €250 in Cork this week-end, so I wont see you,
    I might see you in the Red Cow next Thursday.
    Fintan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jem

Some of the Roscrea crew will be there with tickets for the St V de P tourney if any of you want to buy them.
    james

Advertisement