Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hattrick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

really? are you being banned or just changing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

signing up a new account. got banned just over 7 weeks ago so waited for the 7 weeks before i signed up. got an email back a few days later saying my username wasn't acceptable as it was not suitable for the younger players or racist. andy's still the irish gm i take it so all new applicants have to go through him. maybe i touched a nerve or something

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

nah, thats heavy handed, most of my cusins overseas would refer to themselves as plastic paddies (irish parents but the thickest Brummie accent you've ever heard etc.

GM's are weird like that in general, just pick a new one and sighn up from a different e-mail addy.

now to keep it on topic;
    I'll do well in this playoff, but have to go home for the summer now, so theres a season where i can only log in every week or so, so i don't think i'll bbe gettinng my formidable keeper or striker any time soon. :(

Still, it stops me going mad in the transfer market. :D

the good thing about that will be that your cash will build up nicely and youll come back to a bit bank balance in one seasons time

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

unless i get bad injuries, a loosing streak, and my (for some reason) incredibly fickle supporters bugger off.

Looks like there'll be 2 bots in the league again for a bit so should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ferrioxide

Won my playoff. Division 3 football for me this season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Well, my squad is coming reasonably well. Should do better next season. Could do with some better trainees but cant afford them atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Robot

Draupnir wrote:
    currently saving to buy a mythical inner midfielder, gonna need about 2.5. have 1.2 and a bit of cash to come so it might be a dream come true after about week 4.

A mythical midfielder is gonna cost you anywhere upwards from 5 million with no secondaries. So u may need to keep on saving a bit longer for that.

i meant magnificent, oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bleachn

I have a question for the rest... I'm looking to buy a player, most of my squad are excellent and above, so I'm looking for an outstanding (+2 jump), and am wondering where people have found the greatest asset?

I'm a midfield trainer, so defence or forwards? 3-5-2 formation ususally, but 4-5-1 for friendlies and for some cup matchs, etc. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Robot

If you want to strengthen your defence then I recommend buying a good keeper. It has much more of an overall effect on your defence than a single defender does.

I recently bought a 4.5million keeper and my central defence jumped from world class to mythical. That was in a friendly where i was playing 4-5-1, so i've yet to see how good it'll be for playing 3-5-2.

Have a look at the raise in stats u get, my team id is (31872).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Anyone get a decent first youth pull? I was hoping for something special to start the season - ended up with a 19yr old who will be playing golf soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 erceefce

My team: CappellenFC (841230)

Somebody interessted in Dorian Gaschet (70441972) ???

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peterod1998

my team name is clon afc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Mother of God, this thread is nearly as old as I am. I played this for a few years, had a team in the Swiss League, Kilkenny City AFC, been a couple of years since I played it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

just seen this thread joined up there let the fun begin lol
    team tbay

I am wondering if people using Hattrick site know that the site use real peoples names in a degrading fashion for amusement on their game, When one googles their name they find several hattrick posts relating to them.
    I think this is unacceptable behaviour and should be stopped,
    Yvonne

Can I ask you guys please where do you get the names for your team members. A friend of mine finds her name all over google Yes her full christian name and surname used by Hatrrick and it is causing her great distress, they have refused to remove it and she now has to take action against them at her own expense . This site is supposed to be fun but for her its far from that.
    I understand joke names or made up names being used I saw plastic paddy being mentioned in one of your posts but think its unfair to use indiciduals real life names in such a manner. She is very distressed and the hattrick people dont give a damn,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Can I ask you guys please where do you get the names for your team members. A friend of mine finds her name all over google Yes her full christian name and surname used by Hatrrick and it is causing her great distress, they have refused to remove it and she now has to take action against them at her own expense . This site is supposed to be fun but for her its far from that.
    I understand joke names or made up names being used I saw plastic paddy being mentioned in one of your posts but think its unfair to use indiciduals real life names in such a manner. She is very distressed and the hattrick people dont give a damn,

When you say her real name, do you mean it's been auto-gen'd in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

yvonnebb wrote: »
    Why would this bother her?

Shes hardly the only person on the planet with that name anyway, if they showed up on google would she care as much???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Does she have a patent on her name or something?

Bizarre

Advertisement