Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols vs Holidays

Options
  • 30-03-2005 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Anyone else partaking in these godforsaken exams??
    not finished till friday, thanks to easter messing up timetable.
    3 hardest in a row last week, and then a break till this friday.
    grrrrrr.
    get a weekend off before next term starts.

Hoo-****ing-ray.

nyone else in a similar boat??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

sleeping b was. don't know who else. what subjects were u taking exams in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You know college starts on monday right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Schols vs Holidays
    Depends...
    If you get a 2.1 in all you study for, you get one damn easy ride for trin term..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

but how long does it take them to get your results back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

RuggieBear wrote:
    but how long does it take them to get your results back to you?
    quite a while iirc, but u still do at least get back the time you lose at the end of the year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

pseudonym wrote:
    anyone else in a similar boat??
    yup. but i finished on wednesday :)

On the schol vs. hols thing, after doing them I think its pretty much down to personal opinion. I know I'm glad I did them because it made me do a little bit of study (otherwise I would have done feck all and be totally screwed for the summer). I dont think I did extremely well, I didnt work hard enough (compared to some people :eek: ), but even if I get an exemption in one subject that would take the pressure off a bit. And if I dont, ah well thats life :)

Yeah it is crap that you dont get any hols, but I was pretty lucky with my timetable...I had 3 in one week, then 3 days off, another exam, then 8 days off till my last. Since I didnt have to really study for the last one (was the easiest), I pretty much got a week holiday anyway, which was nice!

Also different courses are easier to do schols in than others. For science, loads of people get schol in maths, but not as many in physics..

So basically it depends!!

phew i need a rest after all that typing... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

ah well, theyr over now, and went relatvely ok. find out about exemptions next week i think, then have to wait til trinity week to find out about schols..

Advertisement