Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A Wolseley anyone?

Options
  • 02-03-2005 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I was just wonderin - has anyone a Wolseley - esp a 6/110 like the one below. I know they are basically the same car as an Austin Cambridge but always thought the 6/110 would make a cool classic :D

corne1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

You've got some funny tastes in classics Alfa ! :D

Did you know that the Museum of Irish Transport in Killarney has the largest collection of Wolseley's in the world ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I know there was a guy in Adare I used to pass occasionally who had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Alfa,

That looks similar to a Morris Oxford (see my 'Irish Morris Oxford site' in the 'classic clubs and websites' link).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I was just wonderin - has anyone a Wolseley - esp a 6/110 like the one below. I know they are basically the same car as an Austin Cambridge but always thought the 6/110 would make a cool classic :D

And the Morris Oxford. I don't know about "cool classic". This car represented the dying throes of the once proud Wolsley brand. The Princess of the 70s practically spat on the grave. This car demonstrated the early adopters of badge engineering at their worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'm a bit of a Wolseley fan, I like the styling and luxurious interiors. And the illuminated badge :) My dad used to have a 16/60 before I was born.

The Wolseley 6/110 is a badge engineered version of the Austin Westminster. It has a bigger body and engine than the 16/60 which is the Wolseley equivalent of the Austin Cambridge/Morris Oxford. There were also Riley and MG versions of the "farina" Cambridge.

BrianD3

• Advertisement
Advertisement