Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware of the WhiteWashMan (and others).

Options
  • 17-02-2005 3:41pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are 5 active admins on Boards. They are:

Cloud (Doddery Grandfather)
    DeVore (Overbearing Father)
    Regi (Fretful Mother)
    Ecksor (Rebellious Teenager)
    Vexorg (Weird Uncle)
    Timmy The Dog (ok, I made that one up).

*ahem* ... :):)

Anyway, thats the five of us. We make the decisions around here but long ago we learned that its dead handy having access to lots of brains and combined they could come up with EVEN SMARTER THINGS then we could. Sometimes. So we created a feedback forum so that everyone could discuss various ideas and suggestions regarding the site. From this veritable pile of poo the admins pluck the odd diamond. Most of it is poo though.

Now, there are lots of people on this forum who have been here since Boards started and we value their opinions. They dont make the decisions though, they just have the ear of the admins, much like a Kings advisor of old. He had much influence but could have his head chopped off like anyone else too.

So, if you post a suggestion here and someone other then us replies "No!", just ignore them because thats what I'll do. I just skip over any post that responds like that because they contain no nice juicy ideas for me to consider. Dont be disheartened if people who are moderators say no, though if they are moderators of the area in question, then it doesnt looks so good.

If we dont answer, its probably a no. If we dont answer we may be waiting for more discussion or discussing it between ourselves. Usually it takes at least a week for suggestions to get answered.

So, dont mind anyone else except those 5 cos everyone else can stamp their feet and scream and scream until they are sick to no effect.

DeV.

ps: I picked WWM for the title because I think he'll see the humour in it and he's the first to tell people he's no power here. I wuv you really Eamo. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have no problem tom, but i know youa re referring to the pro wrestling thread.

and to be honest, if someone is going to stage a coup over the powers that be, the least they could do before picking the colour of their new government car, is to find out who they are overthrowing.

hell, i was only debating what they were looking for.
    its not my fault that people look up to me with regard and esteem :)

(what do you mean i have no power. we'll talk about this off line thomas.... ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

WWM
    let's stage a coup
    we can be the new admins and rule with an iron first

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

its not my fault that people look up to me with regard and esteem :)

*snigger*

Tom
    is this your way of sacking me for my rightful Admin position?
    exceedingly unprofessional and very hurtful
    I can hardly see the screen for the tears in my eyes, luckily I can touch type or this comment would be a total mess, much like you have left me in....

yours
    soon to be stalker
    Beruthiel

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

LOL... nah, this is a recurring theme and to be fair you are just the poster boy for it. People are always thinking that if Amp or Koneko or you or Gordon or a few others, say something then its Godspel truth and the end to the matter. I didnt think the day would ever come when we'd have to explain who we are, but come (and pass) it has...

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    People are always thinking that if Amp or Koneko or you or Gordon or a few others, say something then its Godspel truth and the end to the matter.

I don't know why anyone would think that, most of what I say is gibberish anyway, and Gordon... well we all know about Gordon don't we...

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Add Beruthiel to that list.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    People are always thinking that if Amp or Koneko or you or Gordon or a few others, say something then its Godspel truth and the end to the matter.

so you're calling us liars now on top of sacking us?! :eek:
    oh Tom Murphy, there is a cruel, cruel streak in you boy
    /shocked
    /utterly shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah yeah, the usual messers. Us admins have had it up to here with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

hey what hey hey? hey what about me?!* I'm cool, I'm "with" it, I know the score, I'm in with the hip crowd, down with the bad stuff and kickin it wild like a freak arse mofo y'all.

And why's my name not on Tommy's first list? :confused:

*grr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Beruthiel wrote:
    so you're calling us liars now on top of sacking us?! :eek:
    oh Tom Murphy, there is a cruel, cruel streak in you boy
    /shocked
    /utterly shocked!
    Quick, call the Indo for a followup article :p

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    I'm cool, I'm "with" it, I know the score, I'm in with the hip crowd, down with the bad stuff and kickin it wild like a freak arse mofo y'all.

Pff, you don't even know what it is...

Seriously people you're cluttering up this sticky. I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

hey hey, I know exactly what it is, and I'm locking [q]it[/B] right now.. / .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

koneko wrote:
    WWM
    let's stage a coup
    we can be the new admins and rule with an iron first

What a chicken.......

John

Coup that is.

Ok, now I'm going to adopt a high handed silence. Superior and aloof is what I'm going for here. Superior and aloof.

DeV.

bunch of messers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Woohoo. Reclaim The Boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

amp test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Hi, I'm gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

People don't fear me enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

azezil wrote:
    Hi, I'm gay.

No one gives a fúck, are you ever going to stop hunting for attention because you're gay.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What about my power base. I feel the need to over throw you all. Why arn't you taking me into account.

Also It's All he has john, l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

mmmm....pie

Boston wrote:
    What about my power base. I feel the need to over throw you all. Why arn't you taking me into account.

Boston
    Do you want to join the coup?
    Sangre also. We just need one more and then we're good to go.

koneko wrote:
    Boston
    Do you want to join the coup?
    Sangre also. We just need one more and then we're good to go.

I presume you've counted me in!?

Of course!
    It wouldn't be a coup without the mother hen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The peasants are revolting!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Lump wrote:
    No one gives a fúck, are you ever going to stop hunting for attention because you're gay.

John

:)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

:)

John

NO!

i am Sparticus!

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Lump wrote:

John
    Yep he'd get much more attention if he made his post humourous. I wonder did he every do anything really whacky like break someones neck by throwing them into a dustbin? Now that would be funneh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm being oppressed!

*cries*

• Advertisement

big girls blouse

Advertisement