Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Bastards :mad:

Options
  • 04-01-2005 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

ok, i ordered Broadband off NTL obout 3 weeks ago and after 3 cancelled insataltion appointments and multiple phone calls a guy Finally turned up, but im still not connected as your man couldnt be arsed to connect it - claimed that he would have to put the wire OVER THE ROOF to the back of the house despite the fact that the ntl connection is in the front of the house and so is the computer :eek:
    BASTARDS!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

id ring ntl and give them absoloute hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

did that today and they PROMISED that they would be around to install it, but there u go. actually the thing that really pisses me off, other than the constant disappointment from their cancellations is that i had to take the entire day off work for nothing. and as much as i wish, i dont get paid for watching home and away.

anyway just wanted to rant and rave about the ****ers
    i feel better now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I wonder has anyone ever taken NTL to court for loss of income because of their bare faced lies? I'd never use NTL Ireland again after the farce that was trying to get analog NTL installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You're joking, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Moriarty wrote:
    You're joking, right?

I didn't say 'successfully' taken them to court :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nybras

I assure you, you won’t be the last to dislike NTL, nor will you be the first. I used to work for them. Make that clear again, “use to work for them” and they are the worse company to work for in this country.
    I wouldn’t use them for anything, only that I have need for them for TV, but that’s it.
    I have seen cases like yours and worse, believe me. Their an American group at that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ok, i ordered Broadband off NTL obout 3 weeks ago and after 3 cancelled insataltion appointments and multiple phone calls a guy Finally turned up, but im still not connected as your man couldnt be arsed to connect it - claimed that he would have to put the wire OVER THE ROOF to the back of the house despite the fact that the ntl connection is in the front of the house and so is the computer :eek:
    BASTARDS!!!!!

Why not send an email to Comreg about this? they have a person there who is very helpful and who 'mediates' when customers have problems with NTL.

Incidentally does anyone have an email address for any of the powers that be in NTL?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I don't have any email addresses but I generally write directly to the MD - Graham Sutherland, ntl, Building P2, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3.

Has worked well for me. I've written a good few times and many countless service complaints on the phone. So much so, when a recent outage ended they rang me to confirm the restoration!!
    I have ntl broadband and love it - 0 cent going to the most unhelpful eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

I'm not trying to piss you off or anything but my own experience with NTL has been great. After more than a month trying to get ADSL I gave up an phoned NTL. A guy was out 3 days later. Unfurtunately, the signal strength was too low and it had to be boosted. Nevertheless, just over a week later the guy was out again and this time connected me up. And it's been working ever since.

In general, I think the phone companies have the worst customer service and in comparison NTL is just great!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

When people ask "how is NTL" i just say, when it works its great and when it doesn't hide all the rope, razor blades and pills. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

wideband wrote:
    When people ask "how is NTL" i just say, when it works its great and when it doesn't hide all the rope, razor blades and pills. :D

hahahahahaha.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I've the NTL package and while I find their actual services excellent their customer service departments A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!
    Not to mention the fact that it took them 2 weeks just to get the damn thing.
    In anycase they use a 3rd party installer to actually install the modem.
    Put it this way: the customer service is ****e :( , Getting the thing itself is bull**** :mad: , but when you actually have the thing its much better :) .
    Once you have it you'll be fine but don't count on their customer service department anytime this century!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Infini wrote:
    .......... their customer service departments A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!
    ................... but don't count on their customer service department anytime this century!

Its the only thing that would make me wary of getting their bb when it eventually becomes available - over the years I have found their customer service consistently appalling.

About three weeks ago I noticed that some of what appeared to be their cable was hanging very low close to where I live and could very easily be cut by some not so nice person so against my better judgement I decided to give them a call and warn them.

As there was no option on their 'normal' number for 'cable waiting to be cut by scumbags' (please dial 450 for this sir!) I decided to try the business number.

I told the girl I was just bringing it to their attention and they might get someone to have a look at it. Her response - Well is it business or domestic?
    Me - well its just cable hanging down - her - Is it business or domestic - me well there are some factories around here and and houses too her: yeah but is it domestic or business I really need to know ---- so eventually I persuaded her to transfer me to another person. This person actuallyseemed to pay some attention and said she would get one of their service guys who might be passing by to have a look. Gave her my mobile number in case they needed to know exactly where the cabe was - anyways I am still waiting for a call - the cable is still hanging down waiting to be cut and one of these days we will all be cut off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

dude on your place i'd be crying from happiness, I have moves couple of times in 3 years, and everywhere I moved broadband was not available

Advertisement